Confirmed with Link: EK65 and Perron to Sharks for Tierney, DeMelo, Norris, Balcers and picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabbyfan

Oct 4, 2007
Santa Clarita, CA
I can't see DW giving Hertl the Seto treatment to land EK, and I really hope he doesn't.

I think most of us would be happy giving up Braun, Labanc, and some prospects, but I just don't see how that gets us EK in return, unless its a discount for also taking Bobby Ryan. I don't think Bobby Ryan would be horrible to have on a 3rd/4th line either.

Another player for us Sharks fans to dream about before they get traded/sign somewhere else haha.

I will say, as a fan, Im happy to have DW as a GM. The ultimate Tire Kicker.

rideaucrusher21

Aug 8, 2008
CA
My hope: Labanc + Braun + prospects not named Merkley

Whats probably needed to get it done: Hertl/Meier + Merkley

Not sure I would pull the trigger if the latter were the price. Especially if its Hertl. He's too big a piece of the team as currently constructed. They'd be adding a star but creating a hole in the lineup. Fingers crossed DW pulls another fast one on Ottawa.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Probably more likely to see pavs with Jumbo or hertl, tierney at 3rd line c, and Gambrell at 4th line (or DW finds a veteran plug to fill that slot)

I know thats more likely. But losing couture opens a hole but uts not as bad of as a hole as people make it seem.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
So they are running Hertl-Thornton-Tierney down the middle? That's rough

When you have that good of a defense with as good of possession forwards as the sharks have it would not be a problem.

Hertl, meier and thornton are 3 of the best possession forwards in the nhl.

And yes they can be trouble defensively but burns and karlsson are the 2 best offensive defensemen in the league that don't seem to ever have trouble stopping shots from getting to there own net.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Call me crazy but if this goes down and isn't just a lot of sound and fury signifying nothing I would like the Sharks to take Bobby Ryan. We would be giving up a much less painful price to get Karlsson that way and Ryan could be useful if healthy, which admitted is a big if.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Call me crazy but if this goes down and isn't just a lot of sound and fury signifying nothing I would like the Sharks to take Bobby Ryan. We would be giving up a much less painful price to get Karlsson that way and Ryan could be useful if healthy, which admitted is a big if.
I agree with this. I think taking on Ryan is a good idea. Tierney, Braun, Melker would go the other way but it would be worth it.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
When you have that good of a defense with as good of possession forwards as the sharks have it would not be a problem.

Hertl, meier and thornton are 3 of the best possession forwards in the nhl.

And yes they can be trouble defensively but burns and karlsson are the 2 best offensive defensemen in the league that don't seem to ever have trouble stopping shots from getting to there own net.

I guess, but a top-6 of Donskoi-Hertl-Meier, Kane-Thornton-Pavelski isn't exactly contender-worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad