Proposal: EK to Pittsburgh

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Guentzel + Murray would be fair enough. Jarry looked good and could take the job for the Pens.
Why don't we just trade Crosby and Malkin while we are at it? Sens aint getting Murray even for Karlsson, we would have nobody to play in goal for us.

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
I know this is probably more of a pipe dream than anything but I've always dreamed of having EK on the pens, no matter the cost. Something around Guentzel, Sprong, ++?

Only way it would work for Pens is if Letang, +, + was getting traded for EK

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
DeSmith and Jarry didnt looked out of place, coupled with a veteran goalie.
We just gave them a goalie prospect, why would we trade them our number 1 goalie? Jarry and DeSmith aren't even capable of taking over for Murray. They can pin their hopes on Gus in a few years.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Only way it would work for Pens is if Letang, +, + was getting traded for EK
Sens have no need for Letang, they need early 20 year olds and prospects. They are going to suck for a few years, need to build that team back up with a different owner.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
We just gave them a goalie prospect, why would we trade them our number 1 goalie? Jarry and DeSmith aren't even capable of taking over for Murray. They can pin their hopes on Gus in a few years.
....but you would get Karlsson... You've got to let go quality players if you want a superstar. And I'm pretty sure DeSmith would play better than free agents still available like Lehner or else.

TorstenFrings

lebenslang gruenweiss
Apr 25, 2012
Bremen
There is no way Melnyk is taking Letang. Not unless Pens also take Ryan (which is not happening). Dude is trying to save money here, not spend more.

Also Letang has a NTC. You can probably make a cup finalist and Fleury argument for why he might do Vegas, but he is not doing Ottawa.

Not seeing it.

Reactions: Badfish87

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
....but you would get Karlsson... You've got to let go quality players if you want a superstar. And I'm pretty sure DeSmith would play better than free agents still available like Lehner or else.
Sens aren't getting Murray wtf? If that's what it would cost to get Karlsson then adios. We are looking for cups, we aren't going to rely on Jarry and DeSmith. :/

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Definitely not trading Guentzel. Don’t even really want to move Letang that badly.

I would trade Kessel and Schultz in separate deals for a boat load of futures and then send those to OTT for an extended Karlsson.

The Pens could absolutely acquire the assets necessary for EK but I doubt they do it.

Dumoulin-Karlsson
Maatta/Johnson-Letang

Would be gross

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

Murray and Guentzel bring more value than Karlsson. It's an easy no.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Lol! In no universe is Letang close in value to Karlsson and Ottawa does not need an aging offensive D man during a rebuild.

Karlsson is a rental with a NTC. How is Letang not close in value? There's no way 1 year of Karlsson is returning a #1D with term from a team of his choosing.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Why the hostility :laugh: what would it realistically take?

I feel like you knew it would be bad lol, even if you offered the world. HF is just a warzone with trade proposals.

However so far it's not as bad as I thought it would be.... so far

Seven0two

Apr 17, 2018
To Vegas: Letang+Ryan
To Pit: Karlsson
To Ott: Guentzel+Suzuki+Vegas 1st+Pens 1st

As a Vegas fan this is SO far from anything we would be likely to do. Giving up the #2 prospect in our shallow system AND a 1st for two players over 30 with nearly $15m cap hit over the next four years? Add in the fact that VGK has been pursuing EK65 hard for the past half year and there's absolutely no reason why they would turn around and try to help another team get him.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Keep telling yourself the opposite. What non-cap assets do the Penguins have that might entice the Senators to take their deal?

Again, Ottawa doesn't have a ton of choice here.
A) they need to move Karlsson between now and the TD
B) Karlsson has a NTC that will limit things slightly
C) The return that Ottawa will get if EK is a rental (aka him not being willing to sign with the team getting him) is going to diminish significantly if he refuses to sign an extension.

TKalltheTime

KILLER PARTIES, ALMOST KILLED ME!
Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
I know this is probably more of a pipe dream than anything but I've always dreamed of having EK on the pens, no matter the cost. Something around Guentzel, Sprong, ++?
STOP. This is horrible makes no sense $ or structure wise. Just STOP.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Sens are going to be surprised at the return for Karlsson when it finally happens. I'll be shocked if they returned someone as good as Letang (ie. a top pairing defenseman).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad