Proposal: EK to Pittsburgh

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Yeah Penguins arent giving up Guentzel for Karlsson.

About the only thing I could see is a swap of Karlsson for Letang.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I don't see there being a deal between the two teams, unfortunately. Mostly because there are teams who would have better offers. Taking the Ryan contract in would be a huge problem.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Yeah Penguins arent giving up Guentzel for Karlsson.

About the only thing I could see is a swap of Karlsson for Letang.

Yeah Sens aren't giving up Karlsson for Letang.

About the only thing I could see is a swap of Karlsson for Guentzel +.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I don't see there being a deal between the two teams, unfortunately. Mostly because there are teams who would have better offers. Taking the Ryan contract in would be a huge problem.

There are. However Karlsson has to be willing to A) waive his NTC (10 team no trade list) and B) willing to sign an extension with said team. Between both of those, I'd imagine that that eliminates a bunch of teams.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
#1 D for #1 D

See Subban for Weber.
Oh my...

But for a deal where EK goes to OTT... you’re giving up something you don’t want to. If it starts with Letang there has to be at least a substantial + and then another good +.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void

That's how I feel as well. Guentzel is an amazing young talent but if a guy like EK is available I'd move him without a doubt. I respect the player Karlsson is and what he would demand in a trade, which is certainly more then Guenztel alone.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
It would have to be a 3 way trade. Pens get Karlsson, Vegas get Letang, Sens get pieces from both teams. Vegas gives ?? to Pens and ?? to Sens. Pens give Letang to Vegas and ?? to Sens. Sens give ?? to Vegas, Karlsson to Pens. Buuuut I can't see a trade happening at all and Sens fans can't really ask for much if Ryan HAS to be part of the Karlsson deal, totally kills the value.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Its just not realistic,Pittsburgh has their core to compete for a cup..They lack what Ottawa needs

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

I'm fine giving up Jake if we get JUST Karlsson. I'm not sure what the add would be though? we would be forced to trade Letang and let Hagelin walk, give Karlsson 8x11 like DD and JT. We would have less depth but we would have that monster on our back end. Even if we don't get Karlsson I don't really care, we have 3 cups in the Crosby/Malkin era so more is just gravy.

Reactions: Goku

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad