Confirmed with Link: Eichel SUSPENDED 2 games for hit vs COL

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
The trick to not getting suspended is making dirty borderline plays all the time so it becomes accepted as the way you play the game. During the off season I'd like to see Eichel work on becoming the dirtiest, nastiest, SOB to play since Messier.
Heres another......Bryan Trottier..... another supposedly "clean" player....

At least Bobby Clarke made no excuses or presented any illusions....

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I know now why I moved over to your woods at HFB and triedto antagonize the P****es at Sabres$ionpcworld.. My apologies in advanced and if this bans me, at least I have identified the intellectual coward problem that currently exists in buffalo if management /coaching is reflected by SDS and pals social engineering post.. and after you read try to reconcile the fact that after the no response from yANDLE HIT and subsequent copying of the same head hunting tactics and cheap shots employed since culminating with NO suspension on a coach directed game plan of hammering our top line ….

The celebrated "response" to the dirty hit...

This concept of politically correct wishful thinking that infected buffalo after the Lucic hit.. (..and no Eichel apparently has enough balls to make sure we don't repeat that and send a warning to anyone that headhunts his team).. Our champion of failure and mediocrity, turning the cheek to be rewarded with another concussion in this cheap league... Lets suppose that poor little ken Hitchcock is right and we just did exactly that.. played hard after hard loss to Tampa to end the streak ignoring the obvious instead of squelching it ..immediately..(EVEN IF IT CAUSED A LOSS TO..) The evidence against this philosophy is evident in the games after this have shaken the fan base to its core... This is a decision we make to fight back in kindergarten and it is a decision apparently as controversial as ROR and religion combined to many but obvious to many older fans just as a matter of honor and team unity and integrity.. Think of something original , if fighting w visors is truly as feminine as pink jerseys..but just like clearing the net by punishing anyone who enters zone 1... IT IS A SUCCESFUL DETERRENT... The same thing is true for cheap shots or head shots.... you would all be crying a different tune if Eichel was injured by Chiquita who attempted to knock him from the game, from Jack's perspective it seems.. Since we get no response from Toronto/New England.

Yea, but like, what’s your thoughts on politics

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
I think the NHLPA would have to appeal, not just the player. I assume they only do it if they feel they have a valid CBA argument not just a "we don't agree" argument.

I may be wrong on who has standing to appeal though. I try to stay out of the "logic" on either side of the giant spinning wheel of NHL Justice.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
I think the NHLPA would have to appeal, not just the player. I assume they only do it if they feel they have a valid CBA argument not just a "we don't agree" argument.

I may be wrong on who has standing to appeal though. I try to stay out of the "logic" on either side of the giant spinning wheel of NHL Justice.

Players should have the right to appeal. No different than an employee filing a grievance

Baccus

Feb 18, 2014
Players should have the right to appeal. No different than an employee filing a grievance

I don't necessarily disagree, but it's a somewhat unique situation of it being NHLPA member vs NHLPA member acts of violence, which the NHL mediates to an extent.

So if Eichel's suspension is reduced, does that mean Soderberg can file an appeal to have it reinstated? These aren't just union member vs company grievances as in most other situations.

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013
Actually I think they do have the right to appeal, but Eichel and the Sabres chose not to fight the battle.

Reactions: Ralonzo

Baccus

Feb 18, 2014
Actually I think they do have the right to appeal, but Eichel and the Sabres chose not to fight the battle.

Perhaps, it's not like it's going to cause us to miss the playoffs. Though I'd think Eichel would prefer to keep his 100+K, so why wouldn't you just appeal every judgement?

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I don't necessarily disagree, but it's a somewhat unique situation of it being NHLPA member vs NHLPA member acts of violence, which the NHL mediates to an extent.

So if Eichel's suspension is reduced, does that mean Soderberg can file an appeal to have it reinstated? These aren't just union member vs company grievances as in most other situations.
The former is true of literally every suspension for on-ice conduct that isn't directed at Dennis Wideman. As for the latter, of course Soderberg wouldn't be able to appeal the appeal. The suspended player loses salary for being suspended, that is fundamentally why he can appeal.

Technically speaking the NHLPA files the appeal, but they do so on behalf of the player. They also have 48 hours to do so from the time they are notified of the player's suspension. So technically Eichel could likely still appeal, since I doubt six hours passed between the league notifying the PA and the suspension being publicly announced.

Baccus

Feb 18, 2014
I wasn't serious with Soderberg being able to appeal the appeal, just pointing out the dynamic is somewhat different then a "normal" employee filing a grievance.

I guess the question in all this comes down to, why isn't every suspension automatically appealed?

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I wasn't serious with Soderberg being able to appeal the appeal, just pointing out the dynamic is somewhat different then a "normal" employee filing a grievance.

I guess the question in all this comes down to, why isn't every suspension automatically appealed?
Some players may not want to appeal for whatever reason. Also the NHLPA doesn't have unlimited resources and might not encourage players to appeal if they don't think it's likely to do anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad