Confirmed with Link: Eichel SUSPENDED 2 games for hit vs COL

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
No issue with the suspension on this specific play....it is garbage that Zad's hit isn't even reviewed though.
Well, that's the thing. Logically speaking, one play is within the context of the game and involved incidental head contact while playing the puck. The other is outside the context of the game, and involves nothing more than a run and a high hit to the head with force, against the glass.

Knowing nothing else about the incidents if you told someone one would be 2 games suspension and the other would not merit a review, they'd naturally assume the latter for the supplemental punishment.

If both had gotten 2 games or both had gotten nothing, I could swallow that. The fact that the run is simply glossed over, and even referred to by Avs partisans as a "good hit" which, even if it were within the context of actual play, is clearly NOT the case, and then validated by the NHL? No, eat a duck NHL.

That, and make no mistake - the coaches instructed their players to run Eichel and every opposing team has been doing that for months because there is no price to pay. Zads will only do as he's told, mostly. It's on Botts and Housley for putting Eichel in the position to be his own enforcer, as much as on the NHL for being predictably anencephalic.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Yeah, I'm gonna need someone to scan a W-2 larger than $243,902.44 per annum, or I'm gonna have to side with Reddawg on this one.

It's $107,526.88 (and that's based on days missed, not games). If they did it based on games, it would be ~$120k.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Can't wait for the new lines!

Skinner-Sobotka-Pominville
Mittelstadt-Sobotka-Larsson
Girgensons-Sobotka-Rodrigues
Thompson-Sobotka-Reinhart
Nylander obviously a healthy scratch

Also, ****ing clown shoes, NHL.

Just occurred to me... DOPS is the Sobotka of the NHL.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
It's $107,526.88 (and that's based on days missed, not games). If they did it based on games, it would be ~$120k.
Even allowing the per diem assessment that seems awfully far off, since it would not be just the 2 game days, correct?

Ballpark was from $10M / 82 * 2 (for 2 games)

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Even allowing the per diem assessment that seems awfully far off, since it would not be just the 2 game days, correct?

Ballpark was from $10M / 82 * 2 (for 2 games)
Whoops, my math is baaaaaaaad.

John Vogl did tweet that he's losing $107k though. The league year has 186 days and he's only losing salary for 2 of those days (each of the game days).

10,000,000 / 186 * 2

I'm guessing NHLPA negotiated that intentionally. A player could get suspended for the year and lose no more than 44% of their salary.

Reactions: Ralonzo

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Brain damaged gms do not understand stars drive the league. Nba has that part right. Stars get special treatment as rheybpay the bills. Nhl had peole with 15 concussions and brains as damaged as aaron hernandez making the decisions. Thats why stars can get mugged with not even a 2 min penalty

Reactions: Hasek

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Brain damaged gms do not understand stars drive the league. Nba has that part right. Stars get special treatment as rheybpay the bills. Nhl had peole with 15 concussions and brains as damaged as aaron hernandez making the decisions. Thats why stars can get mugged with not even a 2 min penalty

The problem with the league isn’t stars getting disciplined. It’s that they are way inconsistent.

Reactions: Buffaloed

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
The problem with the league isn’t stars getting disciplined. It’s that they are way inconsistent.

Mickey Mouse league indeed.

I just watched the Voracek hit and Eichel.

Eichel is meeting an opposing player face to face, he touches the puck as contact happens and Soderberg clearly reaches forward with his face when he has to know Eichel is driving through that space. And Eichel doesn’t explode into the contact or line him up. Just a hockey play.

2 games.

Voracek, is sitting on the wall, standing still. He clear eyes up the opposing player over his shoulder. He then clearly ignores the puck. Then he jumps backward into contact. Against an opposing player who has their hands down to protect Voracek from getting paralyzed. Instead he clearly takes advantage of that situation.

2 games.

Personally I don’t think Eichel should be punished at all. And Voracek did a play that Forsberg made a career out of.

But for the nhl to find them equally offensive is stupid.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I don't know what's more annoying, Jack's suspension, or the fact we still won't see Reinhart at center.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->