Confirmed with Link: Eichel SUSPENDED 2 games for hit vs COL

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Being a Sabres fan 101: coming from Toronto Tuesday night, 6 rows from the glass and boom, Eichel gone. Hopefully they announce Dahlin is day to day with a LBI so I can get the complete Sabres fan experience!!

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Simultaneously elbowing, high-sticking, boarding, charging, and roughing a guy to the ice with a bulldog is A-ok according to the NHL. Just make sure you do it after the whistle when he lets up so he's even more vulnerable.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I think that's fair. Jack saw him coming, lifted his shoulder to brace for the contact, the head was the point of contact, no denying that. 2 games, move along.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Not sure why its 2 games and not just 1. I get that Soderberg is reaching, but Jack knew what he was doing as well. I dont think he gets a suspension without the Zadorov hit first. Maybe Jack asked for an extra game off

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Being a Sabres fan 101: coming from Toronto Tuesday night, 6 rows from the glass and boom, Eichel gone. Hopefully they announce Dahlin is day to day with a LBI so I can get the complete Sabres fan experience!!

I wish I could deliver to you a "John Scott Did Nothing Wrong" T-Shirt to wear.

jd1970

Feb 23, 2007
Downtown Buffalo
This is all Flamingo Phil's fault. And Botteril for icing a team of figure skaters.
I hope Pegula cleans house again next month.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
That video explanation is flat-out f***ing horse shit.

Take the shoulder or core? How the biblical f*** is he supposed to do that? Just defy f***ing physics and change vector? Sure NHL DOPS. Whatever you say. Whatever you f***ing say. f***ing troglodytes.

Can't wait for this f***ing clown shoes season to be over.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
That video explanation is flat-out ****ing horse ****.

Take the shoulder or core? How the biblical **** is he supposed to do that? Just defy ****ing physics and change vector? Sure NHL DOPS. Whatever you say. Whatever you ****ing say. ****ing troglodytes.

Can't wait for this ****ing clown shoes season to be over.
If Eichel had hit him from the side (which he would have had to slow down and NOT play the puck to do), Sodenberg would have flown into the boards.

Reactions: Hasek and Chainshot

machpo

Apr 18, 2007
It will make the next two games even more unwatchable, but I'm OK with it. If the league is serious about cracking down on hits to the head, then this shouldn't come as a surprise. One can debate Player Safety's judgement of the 'unavoidability' of the head contact in this case, but, honestly, I'd be OK living in a world where a direct hit to the head more often than not results in some time in the pressbox.

Also, I re-watched the Zadarov hit on Eichel several times - Eichel's head was not the initial or main point of contact, imo.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Can't say I give too much of a shit considering the state of the team over the past few months. The DoPeS have always been a joke.

Last edited:

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
The EDM parallels are piling up, haha.
This got me thinking.

Excuse me while I whip this out.
aluminum-foil-300x300.jpg

A sudden spate of star players getting suspended, while scrubbies go on their merry hack ways with little consequence. McDavid get$ $u$pended with hi$ 14M contract. Eichel get$ $u$pended with hi$ 10M contract. Voracek with hi$ 8M contact. Malkin getting suspended at all as a Penguin. Player$ forfeit $alary when they are $u$pended. At those rates, it's a lot of money.

We wouldn't need funding for concussion hush money by any chance, would we? When was the last audit of the "Player Emergency Fund", hmm?

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
ludicrous

a competent player's union ought to be up in arms about nonsense decisions like this

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
This got me thinking.

Excuse me while I whip this out.
aluminum-foil-300x300.jpg

A sudden spate of star players getting suspended, while scrubbies go on their merry hack ways with little consequence. McDavid get$ $u$pended with hi$ 14M contract. Eichel get$ $u$pended with hi$ 10M contract. Player$ forfeit $alary when they are $u$pended. Voracek with hi$ 8M contact.

We wouldn't need funding for concussion hush money by any chance, would we? When was the last audit of the "Player Emergency Fund", hmm?

it'll come full circle when the last two heads of the DOPS develop CTE

Reactions: Ralonzo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad