Confirmed with Link: Eichel SUSPENDED 2 games for hit vs COL

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Situational. I'm sure the league was relieved the Sabres were out of the hunt so they can pretend to be consistent.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
If an accidental and mildly reckless, at worst, hit gets 2 games, how are they handing out 2 games to intentional and/or truly reckless head hits? This is what bothers me. They just hand out 2 games for so many disparate plays, which equates them all. Not to mention the absolute joke that is the league's handling of a player's history. The only bright side here is that between McDavis and Eichel, the league's showing it has the nuts to suspend ticket-driving players.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
If an accidental and mildly reckless, at worst, hit gets 2 games, how are they handing out 2 games to intentional and/or truly reckless head hits? This is what bothers me. They just hand out 2 games for so many disparate plays, which equates them all. Not to mention the absolute joke that is the league's handling of a player's history. The only bright side here is that between McDavis and Eichel, the league's showing it has the nuts to suspend ticket-driving players.

Consistently !!!! :sarcasm:

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Well, that's the thing. Logically speaking, one play is within the context of the game and involved incidental head contact while playing the puck. The other is outside the context of the game, and involves nothing more than a run and a high hit to the head with force, against the glass.

Knowing nothing else about the incidents if you told someone one would be 2 games suspension and the other would not merit a review, they'd naturally assume the latter for the supplemental punishment.

If both had gotten 2 games or both had gotten nothing, I could swallow that. The fact that the run is simply glossed over, and even referred to by Avs partisans as a "good hit" which, even if it were within the context of actual play, is clearly NOT the case, and then validated by the NHL? No, eat a duck NHL.

That, and make no mistake - the coaches instructed their players to run Eichel and every opposing team has been doing that for months because there is no price to pay. Zads will only do as he's told, mostly. It's on Botts and Housley for putting Eichel in the position to be his own enforcer, as much as on the NHL for being predictably anencephalic.
This all day.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

After watching this video clip..... I was at the game and only saw the collision from my seat location,.... that is a total crap call.

Soda's face sideswipes the back of Jack's jersey. Kisser meets numbers.

Heck doesn't that qualify as a hit from behind?

Or leading with your jaw?

Absolute garbage suspension. The NHL is a complete joke.

Reactions: Ralonzo

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Because if his appeal fails, we aren't meeting up for dinner Saturday night.
I know now why I moved over to your woods at HFB and triedto antagonize the P****es at Sabres$ionpcworld.. My apologies in advanced and if this bans me, at least I have identified the intellectual coward problem that currently exists in buffalo if management /coaching is reflected by SDS and pals social engineering post.. and after you read try to reconcile the fact that after the no response from yANDLE HIT and subsequent copying of the same head hunting tactics and cheap shots employed since culminating with NO suspension on a coach directed game plan of hammering our top line ….

The celebrated "response" to the dirty hit...

This concept of politically correct wishful thinking that infected buffalo after the Lucic hit.. (..and no Eichel apparently has enough balls to make sure we don't repeat that and send a warning to anyone that headhunts his team).. Our champion of failure and mediocrity, turning the cheek to be rewarded with another concussion in this cheap league... Lets suppose that poor little ken Hitchcock is right and we just did exactly that.. played hard after hard loss to Tampa to end the streak ignoring the obvious instead of squelching it ..immediately..(EVEN IF IT CAUSED A LOSS TO..) The evidence against this philosophy is evident in the games after this have shaken the fan base to its core... This is a decision we make to fight back in kindergarten and it is a decision apparently as controversial as ROR and religion combined to many but obvious to many older fans just as a matter of honor and team unity and integrity.. Think of something original , if fighting w visors is truly as feminine as pink jerseys..but just like clearing the net by punishing anyone who enters zone 1... IT IS A SUCCESFUL DETERRENT... The same thing is true for cheap shots or head shots.... you would all be crying a different tune if Eichel was injured by Chiquita who attempted to knock him from the game, from Jack's perspective it seems.. Since we get no response from Toronto/New England.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
This got me thinking.

Excuse me while I whip this out.
aluminum-foil-300x300.jpg

A sudden spate of star players getting suspended, while scrubbies go on their merry hack ways with little consequence. McDavid get$ $u$pended with hi$ 14M contract. Eichel get$ $u$pended with hi$ 10M contract. Voracek with hi$ 8M contact. Malkin getting suspended at all as a Penguin. Player$ forfeit $alary when they are $u$pended. At those rates, it's a lot of money.

We wouldn't need funding for concussion hush money by any chance, would we? When was the last audit of the "Player Emergency Fund", hmm?

That's a better conspiracy theory than most. I always say "follow the money"........

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->