Post-Game Talk: Eichel or McDavid - Bruins lose 4-0.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
If he were truly part of the B's futur plans, Chiarelli would have extended him when he extended Krejci.

Chiarelli has extended the core of this team the year before their current deal ends.

Between this, his comments at the press conference and what many insiders have reported, it is beyond obvious he was out of here.

His comment at the press conference was that he and JB's agent never discussed an extension.

That frustrates me because it shows he wasn't valued very highly

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
If he were truly part of the B's futur plans, Chiarelli would have extended him when he extended Krejci.

Chiarelli has extended the core of this team the year before their current deal ends.

Between this, his comments at the press conference and what many insiders have reported, it is beyond obvious he was out of here.

His comment at the press conference was that he and JB's agent never discussed an extension.

Because his play priced him out and they can't afford him anymore. I know the logic behind trading him but the timing is what is maddening. Why not wait til the dead line and get a better return? Or keep him and win the cup and then let him walk. The trade isn't over yet depending on what chiarelli does with picks but I have to think a contender that suffers injuries on d as the season wears on would have given up more than 2 2nd for a battle tested durable top 4 dman

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
His numbers in Dallas mean very little to me.

Guy has been a bust here since day 1. He's the same type of redundant player we already have in guys like Kelly, Paille, Campbell, Caron. Only difference is that he was the key piece in trading away a guy who will probably once again be top 5 in League scoring this year. People still defending the trade or Loui need to give it a rest.

Agree heavily here.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Because his play priced him out and they can't afford him anymore. I know the logic behind trading him but the timing is what is maddening. Why not wait til the dead line and get a better return? Or keep him and win the cup and then let him walk. The trade isn't over yet depending on what chiarelli does with picks but I have to think a contender that suffers injuries on d as the season wears on would have given up more than 2 2nd for a battle tested durable top 4 dman
What if they did wait and he was injured? You wouldn't get full value for him.

Got to strike while the iron is hot.

Ruzicka38

Oh man
Jan 19, 2006
Hopedale
Did anybody else notice that not only is Lucic useless offensively, but also got leveled multiple times last night? I know Krejci's out, but a $6 mill/year player should never be this useless. Robins has had more impact on games. I bet he'd fetch a king's ransom in a trade on reputation alone. Just a thought.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Did anybody else notice that not only is Lucic useless offensively, but also got leveled multiple times last night? I know Krejci's out, but a $6 mill/year player should never be this useless. Robins has had more impact on games. I bet he'd fetch a king's ransom in a trade on reputation alone. Just a thought.

His wrist is still aching him, he's watching himself a bit. He gets a pass for the beginning of the season. Wait til Krejci is back. Lucic has carried this team to many times to even think about giving him up. He'll get his big contract from Chiarelli.

But yes, his play has been disappointing to say the least.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto

I love these posts. Yes, if he's a "useless" $6mill player, he'll be so easy to trade.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm

Yea I'd consider moving him for a more talented offensive player.

He chases the play too often. How many years is it that we have complained about his inconsistency?

Ruzicka38

Oh man
Jan 19, 2006
Hopedale
I love these posts. Yes, if he's a "useless" $6mill player, he'll be so easy to trade.

His name and rep would hold value. He is a good player, but he has always been overrated. He is overpaid now and will be more so in the near future. "Useless" was an exaggeration, but not by much in these first three games. I'm not saying to cut bait after three games, I'm just saying maybe it's worth exploring.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida

was the same thing in the offseason with chara.

"trade him, he's old and sucks!"

"what should they trade him for?"

"good, cheap, young players who are really good, young and cheap."

"why would the other team do that?"

"because they're getting zdeno chara! he's one of the best defensemen ever!"

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
His name and rep would hold value. He is a good player, but he has always been overrated. He is overpaid now and will be more so in the near future. "Useless" was an exaggeration, but not by much in these first three games. I'm not saying to cut bait after three games, I'm just saying maybe it's worth exploring.

Teams don't offer a king's ransom for useless, overpaid, overrated players. They actually pay attention to how players are doing - it's not just us fans - it's their job to do so. And not be swayed by names and reputations.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
was the same thing in the offseason with chara.

"trade him, he's old and sucks!"

"what should they trade him for?"

"good, cheap, young players who are really good, young and cheap."

"why would the other team do that?"

"because they're getting zdeno chara! he's one of the best defensemen ever!"

Exactly.

Ruzicka38

Oh man
Jan 19, 2006
Hopedale
Teams don't offer a king's ransom for useless, overpaid, overrated players. They actually pay attention to how players are doing - it's not just us fans - it's their job to do so. And not be swayed by names and reputations.

Yeah? Meszaros was acquired for a 2nd because of his recent play, not his name/rep?

It was just a thought, but I did enjoy the part where you talked down to me like I was a high school kid who had never seen hockey. I've been a fan since '89. Trades are made on rep every season.

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
I totally forgot about this game and didn't get to watch any of it. However, it looks like the Bruins forgot about this game too, so I didn't miss much.:D

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Are people really this freaked out after 3 games? I dunno, I'm not worried. Way too soon.

post-36309-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-qBhJ.gif

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Yeah? Meszaros was acquired for a 2nd because of his recent play, not his name/rep?

It was just a thought, but I did enjoy the part where you talked down to me like I was a high school kid who had never seen hockey. I've been a fan since '89. Trades are made on rep every season.

It was a 3rd. That's about the going rate for a bad vet dman at the deadline.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
What if they did wait and he was injured? You wouldn't get full value for him.

Got to strike while the iron is hot.

The iron was cold. Can't be any colder than right before the season starts to make a trade. The deadline, iron is hot. Beginning of free agency, iron is hot. Right before the season? Everyone already has their roster set just about, no need to overextend or overpay for a player at that point. Now maybe the isles weren't set. Well everyone else was so there was no bidding. You cant trade players at bad times for fear of future injury. That's nuts. The panthers will probably be sellers at the deadline..they'll wait until then and let the bidding war begin. They won't start early in fear all of their assets go down with injury

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad