Proposal: Eichel Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I don't think Buffalo will be selling everything that: "isn't nailed down at this deadline for futures". My guess is Hall, Staal and Montour go at the deadline for picks and prospects. Those assets are then used to re-shape the roster for next season. I'd be very surprised if Buffalo was involved in anything more large scale than that.
So two of their top 6 forwards and a top 4 defenseman lol

That’s about as close to “everything not nailed down” as it gets

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I don’t want Eichel traded. But if he’s going, it makes way more sense to trade him to LA than the NYR.

LA’s pipeline is deeper, and they've got two elite center prospects in the organization. It’s a better move for Buffalo to trade with LA.
Agreed. I'd add Colorado as a dark horse as well if Sakic is willing to part with some of the pieces that are being offered in this thread. It would be absolutely terrifying facing a team with MacKinnon and Eichel up the middle. In either scenario Buffalo gets pieces that fit their needs better and keep Eichel out of the conference. About as close to a win win as you can get trading a franchise player. Eichel to the Rangers only makes sense if they blow the other offers out of the water in sheer value, which most Rangers fans seem opposed to doing.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
So two of their top 6 forwards and a top 4 defenseman lol

That’s about as close to “everything not nailed down” as it gets
It's 3 guys, on expiring contracts, in what appears to be a lost year. I wouldn't call that selling "everything that isn't nailed down" myself. Nor would I view moving these guys as some sort of indication of what they'll do with Eichel moving forward. Moving someone like Reinhart or Ristolainen for futures might indicate what you're getting at. Moving guys that are still under some element of team control, still have a lot of utility in the present and future for picks might indicate they are willing to rebuild. Moving pending UFA's in a lost season does not.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Rags fanbase upon seeing that:

To New York Rangers: Eichel

To Buffalo: a letter of recommendation that they can use to find any semblance of competent ownership and management before their team gets shipped out to Quebec

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
I don’t want Eichel traded. But if he’s going, it makes way more sense to trade him to LA than the NYR.

LA’s pipeline is deeper, and they've got two elite center prospects in the organization. It’s a better move for Buffalo to trade with LA.
The Rangers have the deepest pipeline in the league. Are you referring to centers only?

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Jack Eichel will never play for the Rangers. All of this Eichel trade stuff has been pushed by Gorton. It’s dirty, it’s low, and beyond all that, it’s incredibly stupid. He’ll never be a Ranger. Adams would rather let Jack sit out for five years than trade him to the Rags after the bullshit they’ve pulled. You get nothing.
And Buffalo will continue their decade of dominance lol

Reactions: Reway10 and AirGut

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
Sounds about right that you'd think that. Tavares was a UFA free to sign anywhere he wanted to and returned home to Toronto.

Eichel is signed for 5 more years, but he's gonna go to the Rags because he wants to lose with Quinn or something and the Sabres are going to screw themselves to make it happen because why live in reality when you can be a Rags fan?
Which is akin to why live in Buffalo when you can live in a real city.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Eichel, Dahlin, Reinhart, Hall & unprotected 1st round pick for Connor McDavid

Who says no?

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
No they don't. Ottawa and LA have better prospect pools.
LA has better center prospects for sure. Def not on D or the wings. OTT ownership too cheap to even pay their own players. Doubt they would empty the cupboard for someone else’s. And it’s debatable whose farm is better.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com

LAK is never trading Byfield or Turcotte, it's just not happening. It's nice to think that BUF should only trade outside of the conference because it hurts less, but that doesn't matter when you need to get back a realistic return from a team willing to do it. A trade like this doesn't make sense for LA yet, like at all.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
LAK is never trading Byfield or Turcotte, it's just not happening. It's nice to think that BUF should only trade outside of the conference because it hurts less, but that doesn't matter when you need to get back a realistic return from a team willing to do it. A trade like this doesn't make sense for LA yet, like at all.

you know this how LOL

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
you know this how LOL

LAK finally on the up with the young forward group they have and they're going to deplete it for someone this soon? No, they aren't there yet. Give them another 2-3 years and they'll be poised to go for a top tier player again. Why would they move Byfield or Turcotte when either of them could be just as good as him? The reason NYR is all over this is because they're poised to win a cup within the next 5 years and have been in deep need down the middle, even with Zibanejad's last season success. NYR is one player away from being a contender

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
giphy.gif

Reactions: is the answer jesus

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

To be fair - if this thread is any indication there are 30 other teams willing to put a better offer on the table than the Rangers.

I still think there is only a very small chance he's traded. If it does happen - it won't be to the Rangers.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
To be fair - if this thread is any indication there are 30 other teams willing to put a better offer on the table than the Rangers.

I still think there is only a very small chance he's traded. If it does happen - it won't be to the Rangers.
It’s weird, it’s like Eichel can only be traded to the Rangers. Last I checked he can go anywhere if Buffalo chooses to deal him. Typical New York fan base tho. Don’t you guys learn anything with the Knicks?

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com

Eh not really, anyone thinking LA needs to gun after Eichel has not a clue where they're at structurally. They're still well in the midst of an actual rebuild, NYR isn't. Like I said, they aren't going to do a move like this yet and it's incredibly rare any GM moves elite C prospects not even 3 years after being traded. It's also why Kakko is a huge IF in a deal, and Laf just straight up isn't happening.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
It’s weird, it’s like Eichel can only be traded to the Rangers. Last I checked he can go anywhere if Buffalo chooses to deal him. Typical New York fan base tho. Don’t you guys learn anything with the Knicks?

There is no offer any team in the entire league can scrounge up, that NYR can't outmatch. If Gorton and the NE front office mafia wants him, they'll get him

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
LAK finally on the up with the young forward group they have and they're going to deplete it for someone this soon? No, they aren't there yet. Give them another 2-3 years and they'll be poised to go for a top tier player again. Why would they move Byfield or Turcotte when either of them could be just as good as him? The reason NYR is all over this is because they're poised to win a cup within the next 5 years and have been in deep need down the middle, even with Zibanejad's last season success. NYR is one player away from being a contender

LA also has Vilardi and Anderson-Dolan as C prospects currently playing on their NHL team. So they can afford to lose one of Turcotte or Byfield if they’re trading for Eichel.

Personally I’d rank those C prospects as Vilardi > Anderson-Dolan > Byfield > Turcotte. First two are higher because they’re in the NHL, and Byfield is higher than Turcotte because of his size, which is rarer for a C.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Eh not really, anyone thinking LA needs to gun after Eichel has not a clue where they're at structurally. They're still well in the midst of an actual rebuild, NYR isn't. Like I said, they aren't going to do a move like this yet and it's incredibly rare any GM moves elite C prospects not even 3 years after being traded. It's also why Kakko is a huge IF in a deal, and Laf just straight up isn't happening.
They have a huge pool of attacking prospects. Yes, they might not want to trade Byfield, but Turcotte? The only question is what they want now, their GM and managment. Calmly develop all their prospects and not claim anything with Kopitar, Doughty and the rest of the veterans, or they will want to create a competitively capable team right now so that their prospects can already join this process of the campaign.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
There is no offer any team in the entire league can scrounge up, that NYR can't outmatch. If Gorton and the NE front office mafia wants him, they'll get him

Rangers offers have been complete garbage throughout this thread.

You are massively over rating/over valuing your own assets.

If Sabres wanted a 'quick fix' with similarly aged young players coming back in return & Canucks offered Horvat/Boeser/1st - you couldn't compete.

If Sabres wanted a high potential C prospect & LA offers Turcotte/Byfield, LV offers Glass, Anaheim offers Zegras - you can't compete.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
The Rangers have the deepest pipeline in the league. Are you referring to centers only?

LA can put Turcotte, Byfield, Vilardi, Kupari, Thomas, Bjornfot, Kaliyev, Dolan-Anderson, Fagemo, Madden, Clague, and Durzi on the table. That’s about as deep as it gets.

Yes, part of any Eichel trade has to include centers. Buffalo isn’t moving an elite 1C without getting someone like Turcotte, Byfield, or Zegras in return.

So, Buffalo puts Eichel on the table and asks for a package that includes Turcotte, theoretically. LA wouldn’t make that move and go forward with Eichel and Byfield? Seems like an odd choice.

Reactions: KingsOfThe805
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad