Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I've said it before in this thread:

On Calgary's end, I'd be fully onboard with:

One
of Gaudreau or Tkachuk
One of 2022 first rounder or 2023 first rounder
One of Zary or Coronato

If adding Mangi to the trade, drives the price down on the futures, I'd be perfectly fine with that too.

No thanks. I love Tkachuk, and Gaudreau, but Adams continued to preach putting in time for younger talent to let them grow as a collective group. This is NOT what I would say is what his message is about. They are sticking to a plan. To be honest, Calgary does not have the young assets necessary to pull of an Eichel trade.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo doesn't want KK

I don’t like the way he’s trending - his p/gp hasn’t gone up compared to his rookie season (looks like it went down actually), he was benched in the playoffs at various points and honestly looks to be pretty mediocre whenever I see him. I see him as a middle six guy in this league.

A Montreal offer basically needs to include Caufield, and even then I don’t see what they can add that’s enticing to Buffalo. What’s the point of Primeau when you just got Levi in the Reinhart deal and already have UPL?

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Buffalo fans will be sad when they’ll see the return. Lot of em are lik3 « no thanks » on pretty interesting offers from a lot of fanbases.

one thing is sure: you will receive less value than what you are giving. So dont imagine you’ll have a better return than what you are giving.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
You gain zero new people watching the Habs/Leafs game with Eichel included in there.
You actually have people out East staying up to 10pm to watch Eichel/McDavid provincial rivalry 1.
no matter how you try to spin it Montreal and Toronto are much bigger markets then Calgary and Edmonton so yes Eichel vs Matthews would sell alot more then Eichel vs Mcdavid

Reactions: Fatass

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo fans will be sad when they’ll see the return. Lot of em are lik3 « no thanks » on pretty interesting offers from a lot of fanbases.

one thing is sure: you will receive less value than what you are giving. So dont imagine you’ll have a better return than what you are giving.

I expect to lose the trade by a large amount in terms of value but the pieces coming back still need to make sense for the organization.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Would Buffalo take '22 1st, '23 1st, Jarvis, Suzuki from the Canes? Would you also take Gardiner with a '22 2nd added in for cap room?

Reactions: SlavinAway

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
no matter how you try to spin it Montreal and Toronto are much bigger markets then Calgary and Edmonton so yes Eichel vs Matthews would sell alot more then Eichel vs Mcdavid

I honestly don't give a shit either way about the great Eastern Canadian markets as is.
I just selfishly want Eichel/McDavid so Calgary finally has an elite centre :laugh:

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Not a Buffalo fan, but thats who Id target.

Buffalo can tell thsemles they got a young top-6 and young top-4 partner for Dahlin signed long term. Negotiations would have to happen over the quality of pick and prospect, but you cant put up your nose at 4 good assets.

Then calgary can dump Monahan for some defensive depth, a replacement forward and a pick to open the cap room they need for Zadorov and Eichel.

Calgary meanwhile can sell themselves on "we lost Mangiapane but got Coleman for free, we lost Andersson but got Zadorov for almost nothing, we lost Monahan but we upgraded to Eichel, we lost Giordano but we got X assets for Monahan. We got younger and we can retain Tkachuk and Gaudreau"

I think you could sell that to both fanbases

Last edited:

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
The biggest thing with Eichel right now is that nobody knows how long he’s going to be out with his injury so teams need to plan around how they are going to win without him for a good chunk of the season. It’s not a Kucherov situation either where you can stash him until the playoffs. Playing 10M under the cap for a good portion of the season and giving up next years 1st is a recipe for disaster

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Is buff really going to trade him to montreal? I’m guessing not. We will see

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
I saw Jack Eichel at a grocery store in Lowell yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him about the trade or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I'll take "things that didnt happen" for 500, Alex

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
No thanks. This is extremely light, and I want nothing to do with Drouin; you can keep your soft, name only 5M + player. We already have one of those, his name is Jeff Skinner.
I think Buffalo will need to take back salary to get the best return they can. A guy like Drouin would be a throw in, just to help the new team be cap compliant.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
No thanks. I love Tkachuk, and Gaudreau, but Adams continued to preach putting in time for younger talent to let them grow as a collective group. This is NOT what I would say is what his message is about. They are sticking to a plan. To be honest, Calgary does not have the young assets necessary to pull of an Eichel trade.

If the Sabres got an offer of Tkachuk, Zary, 1st and maybe a 2nd, they should absolutely take it and flip Tkachuk for more pieces. If they retained, MT at $3.5m would get a lot of demand worth at least a 1st and good prospect.

Can't see it happening though.

Lloydchristmas138

Aug 3, 2010
I would say the chances of him going to Montreal or NYR are close to zero. Once the boss man says he wants him out west, the trade better be an offer you can’t refuse.

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
I saw Jack Eichel at a grocery store in Lowell yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him about the trade or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

This copy paste will never get old. God Bless.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Not a Buffalo fan, but thats who Id target.

Buffalo can tell thsemlesv they got a young top-6 and young top-4 partner for Dahlin signed long term. Negotiations would have to happen over the quality of pick and prospect, but you cant put up your nose at 4 good assets.

Then calgary can dump Monahan for some defensive depth, a replacement forward and a pick to open the cap room they need for Zadorov and Eichel.

Calgary meanwhile can sell themselves on "Me lost Mangiapane but got Coleman for free, we lost Andersson but got Zadorov for almost nothing, we lost Monahan but we upgraded to Eichel, we lost Giordano but we got X assets for Monahan. We got younger and we can retain Tkachuk and Gaudreau"

I think you could sell that to both fanbases

I know from the rumour mill that Buffalo wasn't looking to add salary in this deal, or at least, bare minimum.
When I did the post about regarding "one of" it wasn't meant that it's a three piece deal, it's just if you're picking one of those players, don't add the other to the trade.

For example; if Buffalo was interested in adding a player like Tkachuk to flip or to see if they could sign long term; then Gaudreau being in the trade wouldn't be included. Also, his NTC kicked in and there's about less than 0% chance he would have Buffalo on the yes list.

Calgary could offer a few things, they could offer a young NHLer/Prospect/Pick package, or they could offer a Prospect/Pick package. While not sexy as guys like Turcotte, Zegras, Byfield or Drysdale (who, in all honesty, I just don't think will be available regardless), Calgary does have a number of prospects that'd rank (Without HF fanboy bias) in the top 50/60 of the league; including Coronato, Zary, Pelletier and even someone like Dustin Wolf; who's arguably a top 3-5 goalie prospect on the planet (literally just had a WHL career that was more impressive than Hart's and even Price's).

So Calgary could do a few things:

Cap package:
Mangiapane, Andersson, 2022 First, Connor Zary/Jakob Pelletier.

Three team trade package:
Calgary: Eichel
Ottawa: Monahan
Bufffalo: Dillon Dube, Juuso Valimaki, Calgary 2022 first round pick, Ottawa 2nd Round pick, Erik Brannstrom, Boston 3rd round pick, Connor Zary/Jakob Pelletier/Matt Coronato

Straight Picks/Prospects package:
Dillon Dube/Juuso Valimaki, 2022 first round pick, Connor Zary/Matt Coronato, Jakob Pelletier

Dunno. I've heard from a source of mine that Calgary has something tabled with Buffalo, but it's sort of just a waiting game to see if it comes down across the board. I assume Buffalo wants 5 pieces from Calgary right now because there's no home run player (which again, I doubt they get), once the ask moves down a bit, this could be a possibility.

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
I like the potential for a CAL deal. Sabres have a need for both a Rasmus and a vet RD, so Andersson works. I've always liked him since he broke into the league. I like Zary a lot as a prospect as well. A first round pick + another decent prospect or roster player and we're in business, IMO.

Reactions: Volica
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad