Eichel/Hall/Skinner =$27M For Combined 3 Goals

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
A hot final 10 games in one season cannot negate the other 10 years of nothing. Maybe, just maybe, he's a reason for those tailspins.

How has the Sabres tail-spinned under Hall? They've been sucking constantly for like 10 years now. They sucked when Selke–Smythe maestro Ryan O'Godly was on the club too, if I remember it correctly.

I'm not even a fan of the player (Hall), but blaming the Sabres failures on him seems a bit weird. Edmonton, New Jersey & Arizona have also been engaged in a lot of suck after Hall left each club.

Reactions: zeeto and Crabapple

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
Ralph Krueger's psychobabble gobbledigook brainwashed everyone into thinking he was a good hire. We need Gallant or Boudreau to unlock whatever talent is left in Dahlin, Eichel, Skinner, Hall, etc. The Pegulas have ran a clownshow here for nearly 10 years. Hire a real coach with real credentials before running more star players out of town.

Ok, you can't fire a coach every 1-2 years for a decade and claim the coach is the issue. It's not.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
1 point ahead of the team deadlast in the league... unreal

I mean, playing 5 less games than the last place team certainly doesn’t help.

Their winning percentage certainly isn’t pretty, but right now puts them outside of bottom 5 in the league.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
It doesn't make any sense.

I feel for Buffalo fans...not words I would often mutter. I need to go rinse my mouth out now...

He dragged NJ into the playoffs. It's not his fault every team he's played for was in a tailspin. Would be cool to see him go to a real contender at the deadline.

This is the year, IMO. Maybe Boston? Dallas? Colorado?

Would be great to see.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Taylor Hall joined the best team in the Pacific with the Coyotes last season and nosedived them to the point of almost nissing the playoffs. This year the Yotes are back in a playoff spot and they look like a tiugh to play against, strong defensive team without him.

Just something wrong with the guy. Like he comes into practice and imposes himself or something and it rubs teammates the wrong way that they don't play well afterwards.
Do you really believe this yourself?

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Ok, you can't fire a coach every 1-2 years for a decade and claim the coach is the issue. It's not.
You can if they're consistently horrible signings. Nolan, Rolston, Byslma, Housley and now Krueger. Would you want any of these bums commandeering your rebuild? Thought so.

Reactions: Royal Thunder

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
You can if they're consistently horrible signings. Nolan, Rolston, Byslma, Housley and now Krueger. Would you want any of these bums commandeering your rebuild? Thought so.

Maybe just get Babcock in there to right the ship. Not sure any other established coach wants to go there right now or any other team has much interest in Babcock.

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021

I thought Krueger did a fine job in Edmonton and it was an error firing him after 1 season.

At what point is it not the coaches fault?

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
Maybe just get Babcock in there to right the ship. Not sure any other established coach wants to go there right now or any other team has much interest in Babcock.
Yeah, he might be the best option. But I really doubt he'll get that money offer from Buffalo. His 50 million days are over. They might as well reach-out if they fire another coach again.

Hope Eichel enjoys playing so much less.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Do you really believe this yourself?

I do believe it has something with his attitude. I've been talking to the Coyotes board and they really dislike the country club culture that took over their team the past few years and they feel like guys like Hall, Stepan were on this team just to show up, pad some stats, make some money. Yotes fans are much happier with their team now that guys like that are gone and guys like Garland, Chychrun can step up and it shows their commitment to winning culture.

Reactions: Biltmore

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
I do believe it has something with his attitude. I've been talking to the Coyotes board and they really dislike the country club culture that took over their team the past few years and they feel like guys like Hall, Stepan were on this team just to show up, pad some stats, make some money. Yotes fans are much happier with their team now that guys like that are gone and guys like Garland, Chychrun can step up and it shows their commitment to winning culture.
The Coyotees are a mess every year. They were going to start struggling. They were not that good.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Signing Skinner was a huge mistake. They are stuck under that albatross until his contract expires.

Hall was a good signing. Even if he doesn't work out, they can accumulate assets come TDL.

Eichel is one of the best players in the world, with a good contract. You keep him at all cost.

Eichel is an underachiever. Sabres will go nowhere with him as Captain. They need to trade him to re-tool.
Skinner contract us an albatross.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Can someone explain Skinner to me? Everyone is shitting on his contract but he's still probably a 6-7 million dollar player if used correctly. He's strictly a top 6 goal scoring LW. He's never been anything else (maybe RW for a stretch) but he has had a consistent career in that role. He also actually wants (or wanted) to play for Buffalo.

Why the f*** did he get buried to start the season? If I'm coach I give Skinner-Cozens/Staal-Reinhart every chance to establish itself as a 2nd line. If Hall falters or just doesn't have chemistry with Eichel I give Skinner every opportunity to click with Eichel. What the hell is he doing on the 4th line? That seems like a fireable enough offense where Kruger should have as much luck getting another coaching job as John Maclean. If I'm demoting Skinner its after he has unequivocally proven himself incapable of being a top 6 forward as Lucic/Eriksson did after being given many many chances

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Hall was always a better playmaker than goal scorer, Skinner contract might be the worst in the league

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Skinner is the poster child for why you don't spend that much money on a complimentary winger who in a good year might top 60 points.

As for the rest, only on HF did anyone think that roster would be good enough to be a playoff threat. Still a lot of holes throughout the lineup, and adding Hall to a bad roster wasn't suddenly going to make it good.

Reactions: leafsfan5

Woncka

Jan 19, 2021
Hall is a good player but seriously what is going on with whatever team he goes to, they nosedive hard.

It is un-friggin-believable to see every time.

I get it that it is most likely a very bizzare coincidence but it is actually getting quite weird to continually see
I mean hes only been to three teams right?

Edmonton drafted him 1st overall so they were bad. NJ was in a pitfall with no prospects. Arizona did pretty well IIRC. And Buffalo has probably one of the worst locker rooms/managements in the league

If he went to a Boston or Washington and they fell off, Id agree

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
The Skinner and Okposo contracts have been pretty terrible. I liked Okposo on the Islanders. He showed potential to be a decent signing for the cost, but not sure what happened with him. I still do not understand the Skinner contract though. I thought it was pretty terrible when it was signed and not sure what the thinking on that was. Far too much and too long for what he produced historically.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Halls agent must be sweating. One year cash in deal was pretty risky because it will seriously limit his chances of getting a long term monster deal in future if he has marginal impact (as seems to be the case). He would have been much better off signing with a decent team for less money. I suspect he may not be all that bright.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad