Eichel/Hall/Skinner =$27M For Combined 3 Goals

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
More like Leafs posters are the most numerous on HFboards and won't stop invading main board threads that have nothing to do with the Leafs or Matthews and turn it into a Leafs/Matthews thread. Doesn't matter the subject, every thread on the main boards turns into a Matthews/Leafs thread. You guys are obnoxious.
It's on both sides. Leaf fans make an unneeded comment on Matthews and every single time someone else feels compelled to reply

Reactions: bigtim1988

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Yep. Eichel will be fine. Hall, doesn’t matter. Even if he is terrible the rest of the way, you just don’t re-sign him. Skinner is the issue. And they should remember that when considering whether to re-sign Hall.

They have to decide about Hall before the deadline. My best guess is they extend him.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Jeff Skinner scored 37 goals two years prior in 3 less games played with Victor Rask as his center. So, is Eichel the difference of 3 goals due to Rask (He actually had 27 goals at 5v5 in both situations)?

I've brought up the quality of linemates argument several times but they keep beating the drum...Insist Eichel has made everyone and had zero talent to work with on the wings. What a farce.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Does it really matter where goals come from? Production is production. We aren't going to remove 262 of Ovechkins goals because they came on the powerplay.

Ovechkin also scores a ton 5 on 5 tho. The PP can dry up, if you can consistently score in all situations thats more valuable. Buffalo Powerplay started off super hot last season too when they were in their typical early season hot streak. So yeah it matters

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
At this point the best course of action would be to just fold the franchise and then apply for a new expansion team in Buffalo. At least they'd get a full squad of new players. It's astonishing how awful that team has been for a decade.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Ryan O’reilly was failing there and then went on to win the cup, smythe, and selke. Hard to understand what’s going on there, even if the team is bad you expect talented guys like Eichel, Hall, Skinner, Dahlin, to produce
Dahlin is certainly producing and playing very well lately. Top line is just useless most of their points come from the PP.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Hall, Eichel, and skinner have a combined 3 G and 21 A. 24 points.

6 players have more points than that by themselves.

This is why Buffalo can't have nice things! o_O

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Didn't realise Eichel had only 2 goals, although he's obviously a good player
I feel bad for Buffalo fans but the situation is pretty funny otherwise.
Also I hope Hall doesn't get to jump to a contender at the deadline after he inexplicably signed with Buffalo after declaring winning is what's most important to him.

I read recently that some players want to win and others just want to get paid. I don't know which category Hall fails into for sure but signing with buffalo makes you think.

Reactions: jetsforever

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I read recently that some players want to win and others just want to get paid. I don't know which category Hall fails into for sure but signing with buffalo makes you think.
He certainly doesn't play like he's just playing to get paid.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Eichel is starting to fall into the Rick Nash trap.

"Imagine how good he would be if he played on a good team?"

I heard that for many years about Nash, and I hear it now about Eichel.

Well maybe the lack of team success has something to do with Eichel and/or his leadership qualities?

He is becoming a real candidate for most over-rated player.

Steve776

Feb 8, 2021
More like Leafs posters are the most numerous on HFboards and won't stop invading main board threads that have nothing to do with the Leafs or Matthews and turn it into a Leafs/Matthews thread. Doesn't matter the subject, every thread on the main boards turns into a Matthews/Leafs thread. You guys are obnoxious.
Well at least you're doing your part and not feeding into it.

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
Eichel is starting to fall into the Rick Nash trap.

"Imagine how good he would be if he played on a good team?"

I heard that for many years about Nash, and I hear it now about Eichel.

Well maybe the lack of team success has something to do with Eichel and/or his leadership qualities?

He is becoming a real candidate for most over-rated player.
Those that choose Eichel over Barzal going forward need to see how Barzal is evolving and improving on both offense and d.

No way I would make that trade.

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
Those that choose Eichel over Barzal going forward need to see how Barzal is evolving and improving on both offense and d.

No way I would make that trade.
Eichel has improved every season but this one. Last year was his best ever, and he had stretches when he arguably was the best player in the league. Hopefully the GMs aren't as "what have you done for me lately" as HFboards.

I like both, but that's a trade I'd make.

Reactions: OKR

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
Hall hasn't been good in years, that Hart was an absolute fluke and anyone that pays him after this year should lose their job the next day after he signs the contract.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
It really feels like the team has checked out.

So I guess they rebuild around Cozens and Dahlin? Get a good return for Eichel? It has to be painful for that fanbase to go through this.

Reactions: Speedtrials

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It really feels like the team has checked out.

So I guess they rebuild around Cozens and Dahlin? Get a good return for Eichel? It has to be painful for that fanbase to go through this.

If they trade Eichel they won't see the playoffs until 2030

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad