Eichel/Hall/Skinner =$27M For Combined 3 Goals

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010

Your 2021 Buffalo Sabres.

This is who Eichel has to deal with on his line, and people wonder why Eichel is "struggling"

This is an excuse.
Eichel is a "line driving force".
If he isn't producing, as not only his line leader, but Captain of the team, it 8s because he's disinterested. Not because of Tage Thompson.

Reactions: razor8

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Ah so mad. Hurts to hear the truth about your team eh?

#10moreyears
20210219_214929.jpg

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Everything that Matthews gets credit for becoming is what Eichel gas been. Matthews without his shot is a worse player than Eichel, which isn't to knock Matthews at all because he's got the best wrister in hockey right now.

Eichel gets underrated. If Eichel had team support he'd be top 5 players in the league. There's a reason Skinner hit 40 (bad example I know), and Reinhart had a 65 pt season. Eichel turn mediocre into magic. Few players have that ability.

If their shots were equal, Eichel would be the better player easily.
Jeff Skinner scored 37 goals two years prior in 3 less games played with Victor Rask as his center. So, is Eichel the difference of 3 goals due to Rask (He actually had 27 goals at 5v5 in both situations)?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Thank god Buffalo has the superior player in Eichel, just imagine how much worse they would be with Matthews : D
Might have something to do with the fact that the word going around is he has a shoulder injury that will require surgery that he is trying to gut out until the season ends. If you watch the games it's obvious he is trying to avoid contact and his skating is nowhere near his usual level.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Its kind of a curse that Skinner hasn't scored at all he should probably have the most goals on the team with the chances he has had this season..Eichel is also snakebitten neither player can buy a goal even when they get to the high danger areas. I'd like to think isn't the real norm and more of an awful start. Maybe the Sabres will bounce back and have a better late season grind rather than start great and end up awful.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
Not a Sabres fan, doubt they actually exist. I've been mocking then for a good number of years.

The post I replied to said something about Matthews being a complete player, my reply makes sense in that context not in the stripped context you are using. Eichel is the better all-round player (injuries this year excluded). Matthews took his game to another level and has an asset Eichel doesn't. Before this year I'd have said that Matthews shot wasn't enough to overcome the gap in the rest of their games, now I'm not so sure. Eichel has assets Matthews doesn't have for sure, Eichel makes mediocre players look amazing in a way the Matthews just doesn't (which isn't a knock on Matthews, he's got the best finish in the league right so he doesn't need to be that type of player).

If Eichel played with a 100pt linemate, he'd be recognized as a top 5 centre in the league for sure.

We need TheJackAttack now more than ever

*edit, never mind. Read earlier messages and saw he already posted.

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
Lol there's some seriously pathetic posting going on in this thread. Imagine being so mad about sabres vs Leafs or Eichel vs Matthews or Barkov discussions from ages ago that you feel the need to troll this thread with Matthews spam. Guess this is what you have to resort to when you finally have a decent team but never get close to having success anyway?

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
every thread turns into a talk about Matthews.

HF has a perverted obsession with Mr Mustache.
More like Leafs posters are the most numerous on HFboards and won't stop invading main board threads that have nothing to do with the Leafs or Matthews and turn it into a Leafs/Matthews thread. Doesn't matter the subject, every thread on the main boards turns into a Matthews/Leafs thread. You guys are obnoxious.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I feel like Skinner is the only one of the three they really need to worry about and the sample is small. Too soon to worry about Eichel and Hall.

Yep. Eichel will be fine. Hall, doesn’t matter. Even if he is terrible the rest of the way, you just don’t re-sign him. Skinner is the issue. And they should remember that when considering whether to re-sign Hall.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Just to put some perspective on this, how much money are some actually productive teammate combos making (i.e. McDavid/Draisaitl, Matthews/Marner, MacKinnon/Rantanen)

Reactions: TheNumber4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad