Euro Hockey Tour: EHT 2012-13 [CZE/FIN/RUS/SWE] • 2nd Stage • Channel One Cup (Dec. 13-16)

od71

Apr 8, 2012
Its quite obvious now Kuznetsov's choice to stay in the KHL was a bad one. He is unlikely in my opinion to make the lineup.

Yeah, had he signed the contract with Washington this summer, no doubt he would have played in NT Russia right now.
It's ridiculous.

od71

Apr 8, 2012
Hedman: Mozyakin was the best in NT Russia. He was most impressive in that game, goalie Barulin was good. In the KHL Mozyakin, Malkin, Kulemin show good performance too.

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
Mozyakin never really stood out to me the couple times Russia took him to the World Championships.

Thought there was a chance they'd take him to Vancouver in 2010

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010

The game was very physical, big hits all the time, someone should make highlights that include the hits..

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Yeah, his last year in SM-Liiga only 28 goals, tied for the 1st place in goal scoring.

Below average my ass :shakehead

And everyone with eyes must see that he's pretty good every time when he's on national team. Should find more scoring, but then again who _really_ cares about finnising the chances at EHT.

FlutteringSaucer

Apr 27, 2012
Yeah, his last year in SM-Liiga only 28 goals, tied for the 1st place in goal scoring.

Below average my ass :shakehead
Well below average was a bit of a overstatement but you can't disagree with the fact that finishing is one of his biggest weaknesses.

He has such a good hands and speed that he should score way more, especially in national team where he continues to freeze in scoring chances.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Well, Per Marts and Tre Kronor don't work really. Yes Lundback is shaky, and yes Russia has 5 star forwards, but main reason this game is a blowout is the fact that Team Sweden has zero self-confiedence. They consistently overplay situations, they don't have any middle zone defense and they don't have any creativity.

and where is the physical game among forwards? bunch of physical players in every squad but it is only lundqvist who is hitting in every tournament. fire marts and bring in ronnberg or dahlen.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
oh and i love frogren. physical beast. needs to be in wc. frogren and murray would make a awesome shutdown pair.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
oh and i love frogren. physical beast. needs to be in wc. frogren and murray would make a awesome shutdown pair.

Too bad the World Champs aren't small rink. They are both much better suited on small ice. Like yesterday, Frögren was easily one of the better guys defending the net, but then comes a rush by one of the faster forwards and he's just a pylon. He was -3.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Anyone post Russia forward lines from the game for me?

This should be interesting!

Kulyomin - Malkin - Mozyakin

Kovalchuk - Datsyuk - Radulov

Ovechkin - Tereschenko - Zherdev

Plotnikov - Anisimov - Shipachyov(Shirokov)

Shirokov was planned on the right wing of the 4th line as Shipachyov is a natural center, bur Bill tried Shipachyov on the wing early in the game and it stayed that way to the end.

russianhockey

Apr 22, 2007
www.russianhockey.de
10895.jpg

10906.jpg

10922.jpg

10915.jpg

10923.jpg

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Yeah, had he signed the contract with Washington this summer, no doubt he would have played in NT Russia right now.
It's ridiculous.

I don't understand the connection. How would signing a contract with Washington have helped Kuznetsov make the national team? I would think that if there would be any incentive, it would be to reward guys who play in the KHL, not the reverse. I don't put too much stock in him not making the Channel One team. Remember, Kuzya played on the NT just 7 months ago in Stockholm/Helsinki, and Coach Bill gave him more ice time than someone his age would typically get. I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see him on the NT at the WHC in May.

Traktor28

May 2, 2012
To watch the next Russia game in California, 11:00 CET would be 2:00am right? Don't know if I did the math correctly. Looking like a late night for me if that's the case. -_-

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
So you guys think Bill will change his mind and run 3 scoring lines unlike he did in WC, where he after Ovechkin and Semin came and limited Kuznetsov to late 3rd period playing?

And yes, 2 AM, CET is +1 and California is -8, so 9 hour difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad