OT: EHM returning!

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
riz -- You guys definitely need to fix the college player bug. I lose their rights after two years even though I'm supposed to have their rights until they graduate.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
is ehm better than a GM mode in NHL15?

Yes. Definitely yes. The fact that NCAA and KHL players are in the game, when you use the right DB, is already reason enough, but it's much more than that.

NHL Be a GM Mode has no waiver eligible option. They just exclude 2-way contracts from waiver eligibility. This game, combined with EAs NHL15 gameplay would be the ultimate game

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Yes. Definitely yes. The fact that NCAA and KHL players are in the game, when you use the right DB, is already reason enough, but it's much more than that.

NHL Be a GM Mode has no waiver eligible option. They just exclude 2-way contracts from waiver eligibility. This game, combined with EAs NHL15 gameplay would be the ultimate game
Sounds great I'm definitely gunna give it a try. What database is everyone using? I saw the video earlier on how to use one but I wanna make sure I'm using a good database

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
OK I'm having a great time playing and setting all my systems but I can't figure out how to advance time... BTW I traded glass and i t made me sooooo happy

riz

I'll check this out after some bugs are worked out. I'll wait a few weeks.

There are multiple good points for getting the game from Early Access right now:

1) The price is cheaper during Early Access, but by getting it now you also own the full game once it is released and don't have to pay anything extra.

2) If you already own once of our Football Manager games on Steam, you currently get a 20% discount even on the Early Access price.

3) When the game is fully released, the price obviously will be higher, so even if you don't plan on playing it now, buying it in advance will save you money.

riz

riz -- You guys definitely need to fix the college player bug. I lose their rights after two years even though I'm supposed to have their rights until they graduate.

Can you let me know which player you had this issue with and at what college team was he at ? The rights should be already coded to be held until graduation but there may be new college teams etc in the database that are not yet recognized as such.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Can you let me know which player you had this issue with and at what college team was he at ? The rights should be already coded to be held until graduation but there may be new college teams etc in the database that are not yet recognized as such.

It's just about every player I've noticed. I'm far into the game at this point. I noticed Werenski's rights were lost originally (Michigan) by a team (I signed him after his junior season when he became a UFA).

I lost the rights to multiple college guys after two years of them in my system. It's a widespread issue in the game. I am forced to sign my college guys after their sophomore year, generally.

In the year 2022, I'm still losing guys. So there's definitely an issue. I am not sure if it happens to guys drafted out of the USHL/NAHL who them go to college more often than just college guys, though. I haven't been able to investigate that much.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The other thing I've noticed is guys who want to go to college drafted out of the NAHL/USHL/etc. More often than not, they don't get a college offer until they are 20 or so. That's a bit unrealistic.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I just had a great game in my 2nd season. Patrick Kane, who I acquired for a big package including Talbot, Kristo and a 1st rounder, just got injured. To stay within the cap, I decided to call up a young guy to fill in. Adam Tambellini was the one I picked and I slotted him into the top line. He scores the game winning goal haha.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Steam is a platform where you can purchase games. It's basically Netflix for games. You don't have to go out to the store and buy the games on DVD etc, but you pay online, then dowload the game. Updates are installed automatically.

And, there's a thing called "Steam Sales". Every few months, there is a huge sale where you can get games for litterally a couple of bucks. EHM:EA is only available through stream because it's an easier way to distribute

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
How have I missed this?! With over 600h on FM15 I figure this is a game for me which I absolutely shouldn't buy.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Steam is a platform where you can purchase games. It's basically Netflix for games. You don't have to go out to the store and buy the games on DVD etc, but you pay online, then dowload the game. Updates are installed automatically.

And, there's a thing called "Steam Sales". Every few months, there is a huge sale where you can get games for litterally a couple of bucks. EHM:EA is only available through stream because it's an easier way to distribute

Okay that's cool. But will I be able to download the game to my hard drive?

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Okay it's installing now.

I purchased the game. Good price. I remember loving this game EHM 2007. Hopefully it comes out so I can delete Steam and download it right to my desktop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad