OT: EHM returning!

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Started my season..first moves I did:

Got Duclair back. Traded two first round picks. Dont care.

Tried to trade for Max Domi, they wouldnt budge.

Rookie preview comes out and Duclair is rated #4 prospect in NHL. (Domi not there)

Chirs Niel goes on Waivers.
I claim and get him.

Waive Glass
Noboday takes him so i send him to AHL.

Record is 6-2 so far, I am liking it :)

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
Are there supposed to me no NHL player names?

They don't have the official license yet so they had to use those fake names. I guess it's legal to create your own 3rd party custom database or whatever so that's pretty cool I downloaded that one and I'm having a lot of fun.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I was able to deal Glass to the Oilers for their 2nd in 2015. He was put on waivers by the Oilers by the end of training camp hahaha.

As of mid-November the Rangers are 12-4-3.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
So many UCL tears.

Rick Nash was a warrior. Partial UCL tear 30 games into the season, comes back 3 months later, tears it again. Out another 3 months. I'm losing to the aisles 2 games to 1 in the semi finals. Nash comes back a month early (I know I'm risking re-injury), scores 6 goals in 3 games, and we move on and eventually win the SCF.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
From what i heard, the year to year player development is terrible and players barely improve....the whole point of these games is that so call me REALLY pissed off if that is true.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Is there a version for mac? really interested in this game, I can do the same team building, trading, drafting etc without spending countless hours playing Nhl15 doing the same and inevitably trading for the same players who I know will turn into stars.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Hey Riz, sorry if this isn't the appropriate place to ask. I've always wondered...do you guys have anything planned with the old freeware version? I've secretly been hoping that you guys would decide to open source the code - not that you have any incentive to do so :sarcasm:. There's just so much nostalgia with that game for me. Can't tell the number of house I pumped into it, year after year after year :yo:.

On topic, I ordered and downloaded the Early Access version. I'm really looking forward to having a break and spending some time with it!

riz

The old freeware is not going to make any comebacks nor is it going to go open source. The code (VB) for the game was slow and just about patched enough to stay intact and working but it would have been impossible to expand on that code in any way. Even back in the day, I was already planning on writing the next game from scratch anyways, before SI came into the picture.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
The old freeware is not going to make any comebacks nor is it going to go open source. The code (VB) for the game was slow and just about patched enough to stay intact and working but it would have been impossible to expand on that code in any way. Even back in the day, I was already planning on writing the next game from scratch anyways, before SI came into the picture.

Gotcha. Thanks for the response! :yo:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Here's my story so far. Finished my 1st season.

I started off quietly and tried to acquire Patrick Kane. Funny enough, I managed to pull it off! He was injured for another 4 months, and a package of Cam Talbot, Danny Kristo, Ashton Sautner (free agent acquisition) and a 1st round pick (2017).

After that, I got Devan Dubnyk from Minnesota for a 4th round pick.

I then traded my 2018 and 2019 1st round picks, Mike Kostka, Tanner Glass and Matt Hunwick to Arizona for the 2015 1st round picks from them and Chicago. I will worry about the 1st rounders in 2018/19 later on. I just wanted some more picks in the 2015 draft.

I sent McIlrath and a 6th to Minnesota in exchange for Sean Bergenheim.

Free agent signings included:

Austin Czarnik (Miami Redhawks)
Steve Eminger (Providence)
Maxime Fortunus (Texas Stars)

I was ready to go to war with this team:

Lundqvist
Dubnyk

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Klein
Fortunus, Eminger

Kreider-Stepan-St. Louis
Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Hayes-Bergenheim
Sheppard-Moore-Miller
Czarnik

Then I started thinking... Could I acquire Evander Kane as well? I noticed players with long-term injuries are cheaper and possible to acquire, so why not try it? Well, the following package got me Evander Kane:

Miller+Summers+Tarnasky+Bergenheim+Zamorsky

So, now I had 2 elite wingers, still out for months. What have I done? I was not winning and was ranked 10th for most of the season. In January, both Kanes were ready to join the team and man, what a difference did that make! I won 16 in a row, and Patrick Kane scored 34 goals and added 30 assists in just 42 games!

Lundqvist
Dubnyk

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Klein
Fortunus, Eminger

P. Kane-Stepan-St. Louis
Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Hayes-E. Kane
Hagelin-Moore-Sheppard
Czarnik

I got into the play offs, won the division even! And got to the conference finals. I lost those to the Canadiens, but my team is ready for another year!

I am getting ready for the draft now. Not sure yet what it will bring, but I will let you guys know :)

PS: I am working on a facepack for NCAA players now.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I'll check this out after some bugs are worked out. I'll wait a few weeks.

Well, I really suggest to buy it now. It's cheap because it's on Early Access. I have been playing for a total of 92 hours now (Steam keeps track of that haha) and have not run into any bugs yet.

There are some minor things but they are taking out the bugs as you play along. Chances are, if you wait too long, the price will go up and you end up paying more than you would now.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Here's a bit of my teams story in this game. In the first year Nash went down with a partially torn ACL about half way through the year. I called up Kristo because he was on fire in the AHL. He ended up putting up about .5ppg. The next season he put up 61pts in 80 games. So far in the second season playoffs I'm in he has 16pts in 11 playoff games.

Another interesting player is Nejezchleb. I signed him in the summer between year 1 and 2. He started in the AHL then Zucc went down along with Nash. He put up 11 pts in 11 games in the regular season and so far 8pts in 11 playoff games.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
My favorite thing is always managing the WJCs. I love trying my hand at getting USA to gold.

I went 4-0 before the playoffs. I put up 13 goals on Sweden, week year for them and they got relegated!!). Yet in the initial playoff game, a Ukraine team beats me 6-5. Unbelievable comeback for them. We were up 5-0 and they scored 6 straight in the third. They have the presumptive #1 overall pick in the 2022 draft, though. He had 5 goals.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I traded Derek Stepan to Pittsburgh for their 1st round pick in 2016, and this makes me very happy to see:

Zd6ansh.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad