Ehlers or Nolan Patrick

Ehlers or Nolan Patrick

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Thats interesting - one never touched the NHL

Cant wait until Patrick isnt 19 anymore
yes, it's interesting how underwhelming he is that he's still not even solidified himself as a more proven commodity than a guy who's never even stepped foot in the NHL

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
as of most players out of the 2017 NHL entry draft, what is the point of this? please answer.
The poster said one has proved to be a better NHL player when he cant even call himself an NHL player yet.

This isnt even Patrick being underrated anymore but moreso Patrick being hated on for his coaches decision. Its fine though, he will make a lot of people eat crow

Reactions: VoraceksWristShot

lawrence

May 19, 2012
The poster said one has proved to be a better NHL player when he cant even call himself an NHL player yet.

This isnt even Patrick being underrated anymore but moreso Patrick being hated on for his coaches decision. Its fine though, he will make a lot of people eat crow

but he wasn't asking about Pettersson though, so its just random hate from you. I think at whatever point he's made about him better then heicher you need to respond direclty to the post instead of randomly out of nowhere.

Ehlers is a Barrtchi 2.0. Easy Patrick.
that's more a compliment to Baertchi. Thank you kind sir.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
but he wasn't asking about Pettersson though, so its just random hate from you. I think at whatever point he's made about him better then heicher you need to respond direclty to the post instead of randomly out of nowhere.

that's more a compliment to Baertchi. Thank you kind sir.
Yes he was talking about Pettersson

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Last edited:
Reactions: Elias Pettersson

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
No he wasn't.

when did he bring up Pettersson?

It started with this comment. You should be tossed out of this conversation. we don't need crap starters like you around.
Try to pay attention to a conversation.

I quoted CantLoseWithMatthews. But thanks for pointing out to me that you just rile people up and dont contribute to a thread, ill keep that in mind.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Aren't you the one who brought up pettersson to criticize him for no reason?
Oh there was a reason but the poster Lawrence claimed you never commented on it when it was perfectly documented.

I normally try not to bring up other players in a thread like this but when a guy names ‘Elias Pettersson’ comes in making an insane comment knowing itd grab attention, and happens to do the same with the Vancouver prospect in every thread about another, I felt it was necessary.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Anyway the thread wasnt going to be even anyway, which is unfortunate because it gives Patrick a bad name just because he isnt killing it his first 50 games

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Oh there was a reason but the poster Lawrence claimed you never commented on it when it was perfectly documented.

I normally try not to bring up other players in a thread like this but when a guy names ‘Elias Pettersson’ comes in making an insane comment knowing itd grab attention, and happens to do the same with the Vancouver prospect in every thread about another, I felt it was necessary.
Brooooo simmer down. We're all here to have fun. I wish you a good day :thumbu:

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I find it fascinating that people are actively rooting against a 19 year old kid just so they can be vindicated on their hot take. Meanwhile, I'm just thrilled that Patrick is a Flyer. Once again, I don't know how anyone actually watches Patrick play and comes away thinking he's not at least a legit 2C in this league.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Crap Corsi and Fenwick.

50 GP 6A 9 A 15 P. Wow

How in the heck is that a good rookie season? He should not be in the bigs.
There's literally no other league he should or could be in. Juniors would be pointless and AHL isn't even an option. Despite his early season struggles coming off a concussion and off season surgery, at 19 years old, he's already a decent 2C, much better In his rookie year than Seguin, Thorton, the Sedins, Sciefele, ect. He's been very very good lately and looking better every game.

I say this as one of Patrick's biggest critics, I thought Nico was far Better and was hoping the devils took Patrick.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Ehlers AINEC. Nolan Patrick is one of the worst 2nd overall picks in the past decade, up there with Ryan Murray.
I'm fairly confident in Patrick being better than the below #2 picks or at least as good.

JVR
Murray
Jordan Staal
Bobby Ryan
Landeskog
Reinhart

So, you fail

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
this is kind of unfair with Ehlers being as good as he is currently vs NP.

Ehlers had a better rookie year than NP has had YTD though,

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
I'm fairly confident in Patrick being better than the below #2 picks or at least as good.

JVR
Murray
Jordan Staal
Bobby Ryan
Landeskog
Reinhart

So, you fail

How can someone fail if this outcome has not happened yet? :help:

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014

JVR
Murray
Jordan Staal
Bobby Ryan
Landeskog
Reinhart

So, you fail
yeah his dazzling rookie level stats sure inspire me. He's keeping pace with Jake Virtanen's 19 year old season! What an accomplishment!

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Huh? Over the frequently referenced last 10 games, Patrick has 6 points, Simmonds has 8 and Voracek has 9.

I know you just didn't use a difference of 2-3 points over a ten game span to try to determine who's been playing better. :laugh: Anyway, Simmer & Voracek play PP1, Patrick does not, which actually makes up more than the difference. At evens, Patrick's been the best player on the line per the eye test and traditional stats back that up (6 points vs. 4 points vs. 4 points). I'd imagine the fancy stats might support that assertion as well, but I'm not terribly proficient with those.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
You realize people are going to bookmark all of these hot takes to shove in your face later, right? :laugh:
wow that's a lot of effort to go through for an internet argument. Don't you people have more important things to do in your life?

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Ehlers will deservedly win this poll but it’s one that could be revisited in a year or two and potentially yield different results.

I’ve been really hot and cold on Patrick. He’s shown why many were high on him, but I also think he may have benefitted from going back. Time will tell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad