Ehlers or Nolan Patrick

Ehlers or Nolan Patrick

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Yeah, beating up on teenagers for the 3 straight year would have been a good move.
It’s not like he was exactly dominant in his draft year. He was hampered by injury and regressed from his draft-1 season.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
You answered why. He played all season with a hernia and at times, 2 hernias. Of course that will hamper a player.
Glad that you admit he had a subpar draft year. Sounds like the exact type of player that should develop another year in junior until they can learn to dominate their peers.

A year dominating the WHL would have been more beneficial to Patrick than a season struggling in the NHL

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Yeah, beating up on teenagers for the 3 straight year would have been a good move.
His ppg the last 2 years there was like 1.4. He was very good but not straight up dominant. Nico wasn't either

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Patrick here. way more of a risky pick but imagine if he can develop into a 1C.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Nolan Patrick has a higher ceiling. He seems like a future franchise player. I would take him.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Patrick fits the Leafs forward better. So him. His injury history kinda scares me a it though.

If we didnt have Willy or Marner it would be Ehlers 100%

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Not a very good comparison imo.
Winger vs. Center.
Third year player vs rookie.

based on three years of data I have to pick Ehlers but the potential of Patrick as being an impactful center is very high.

Long run I think Patrick will be a beast though.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Trick question, it depends on what you genuinely need.
Need a potential future face of the franchise, you go with Nolan Patrick.
You need the player to complement the face of the franchise you take Nikolaj Ehlers.

If the Jets didn't have Ehlers I take him. If the Jets didn't have Scheifele I take Patrick.

Personally, I take Ehlers because he's less injury prone.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Glad that you admit he had a subpar draft year. Sounds like the exact type of player that should develop another year in junior until they can learn to dominate their peers.

A year dominating the WHL would have been more beneficial to Patrick than a season struggling in the NHL
Hischier didnt dominate any junior league and he wasnt injured.

Guess youd send him down too, huh?

What a stupid thing to say

Reactions: CanadianSniper

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Hischier didnt dominate any junior league and he wasnt injured.

Guess youd send him down too, huh?

Hischier was a better junior player than Patrick last year. He also may have benefitted from another year in junior.

RNH didn’t dominate but the Oilers kept him up. Yakupov didn’t dominate but the Oilers kept him up. Galchenyuk didn’t dominate but the Habs kept him up. How’d those work out?

Marner benefitted from an extra junior season. Dubois benefitted from going back to junior for another year. Ehlers benefitted from another year in junior. Drouin benefitted from another year in junior. Dominating in juniors is more beneficial for a player’s development than putting up a .3 PPG NHL season.

Reactions: Cotton

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Hischier was a better junior player than Patrick last year. He also may have benefitted from another year in junior.

RNH didn’t dominate but the Oilers kept him up. Yakupov didn’t dominate but the Oilers kept him up. Galchenyuk didn’t dominate but the Habs kept him up. How’d those work out?

Marner benefitted from an extra junior season. Dubois benefitted from going back to junior for another year. Ehlers benefitted from another year in junior. Drouin benefitted from another year in junior. Dominating in juniors is more beneficial for a player’s development than putting up a .3 PPG NHL season.

What exactly is wrong with RNH?

Patrick is in the NHL because he was NHL ready. You and a lot of other fans have this notion that players have to produce immediately entering the NHL. Thats not how development works because it isnt linear.

What a bust Ehlers must have been only putting up 38 in 72 in his D+2! Oh wait thats right he developed further because he was a whopping twenty years old.

And Patrick out produced Hischier in juniors and also played an extra year in juniors on NA ice than Hischier. So your entire view on the matter is simply wrong.

‘He also may have benefitted from an extra year in juniors’ (about Hischier) LOL. Because first line center as the youngest player in the league and under 180 pounds needs more tome in the QMJHL. Riiiight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad