Speculation: Ehlers 2015-2016 Season

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
#1-Ladd
#2-Perry
#3-Ehlers
That being the case, Adam L. presumably plays ctr (expecting now 3rd year pro having breakout year like in Dub) who plays RW? #1-2 = Wheeler & Stafford? Can Burmi play off-wing or is now the time to put Little back on RW? Ctr could then be Sch-Lowery- Burmi-Copp. My head hurts!
64pts if Ehlers-Schelefele-Little

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Before the draft and FA I thought he had about a 50/50 shot. The summer isn't over yet but I think barring a top 6 F signing/ acquisition, I think it's increased to 75/25.

I still think some of the more mature prospects will have a bit of a leg up on him but it seems to me like the Jets are going to inject some youth at forward this year so if Ehlers can dazzle, and continue to shine when the preseason rosters start to become more NHL like, he might get all 9 games and who knows?

I can't wait to see who ends up on the roster, so many possibilities!

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
#1-Ladd
#2-Perry
#3-Ehlers
That being the case, Adam L. presumably plays ctr (expecting now 3rd year pro having breakout year like in Dub) who plays RW? #1-2 = Wheeler & Stafford? Can Burmi play off-wing or is now the time to put Little back on RW? Ctr could then be Sch-Lowery- Burmi-Copp. My head hurts!
64pts if Ehlers-Schelefele-Little

Ehlers can play either wing. He has played C a little. Don't be fooled by him being a left handed shot. He is a RW first.

So ..... zero chance of 64 pts then? 'Cause I think that ain't gonna happen.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
I have so much trouble predicting his production...I always feel too biased. I have a feeling that he will impress early this season, and then even out, and have some trouble at times. He will get bullied at times, and it will take some time to adjust to that.

I don't think he will disappoint, so its just a matter of how much he will impress.

I expect him to break selanne's rookie goal scoring record. But with a better celebration. Like a back flip or something.

ec41d85f8cb1c6d86cf6fc853439c8c2.jpg

I know that this would be dangerous, and increase chance of injury, but I would be willing to run that risk for the awesomeness of that celebration:popcorn:

Last edited:

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm thinking something like 70 GP 15 G 18 A 33 P, split between 2nd and 3rd line, some PP time. Streaky.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
You guys are completely off your rockers. Ehlers is going to make Gaudreau look like a stay at home defenseman. 73gp 41 goals, 42 assists. 17:21 atoi.

I can say this absolutely because I'm a Sith.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Tom, that's from this years development camp?

I haven't been out to see the prospects, but a have heard Ehlers has gained some weight. Can anyone confirm what sort of shape this guy is in?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Tom, that's from this years development camp?

I haven't been out to see the prospects, but a have heard Ehlers has gained some weight. Can anyone confirm what sort of shape this guy is in?

He's reportedly heavier. He seemed to tire during the drills. He either needs to drop a few pounds, or more likely work on his cardio/ conditioning.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
He's reportedly heavier. He seemed to tire during the drills. He either needs to drop a few pounds, or more likely work on his cardio/ conditioning.

Sounds awful... I mean what is he thinking? His best attribute is explosive skating, amazing edge control... Yikes.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Sounds awful... I mean what is he thinking? His best attribute is explosive skating, amazing edge control... Yikes.

Young players often overdo that weight thing. 14 lbs more weight + first time on ice after April. No wonder he's struggling a bit now, but there is a lot of time left and when he sees ice a lot back in home he should get his skating condition back.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Young players often overdo that weight thing. 14 lbs more weight + first time on ice after April. No wonder he's struggling a bit now, but there is a lot of time left and when he sees ice a lot back in home he should get his skating condition back.

He'd better. If he comes to main camp out of shape he'll be back battling the thugs and refs in the Q next season.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
He'd better. If he comes to main camp out of shape he'll be back battling the thugs and refs in the Q next season.

I doubt he'll be "out of shape", but like Morrissey last year, he could be in the "wrong shape". I'm hoping (if there's an issue) that his training regiment gets reset while he's here for the Development Camp. He's got a lot of time to correct things before TC.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia

He's put on a lot of weight since his WHL season ended, he likely just needs to condition. Its new for his body, one cannot expect him to be used to that much added weight so suddenly. He still has several months to bring his conditioning up

I wouldn't worry about it yet.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
He's put on a lot of weight since his WHL season ended, he likely just needs to condition. Its new for his body, one cannot expect him to be used to that much added weight so suddenly. He still has several months to bring his conditioning up

I wouldn't worry about it yet.

I'm sure he can work on his conditioning, but maybe this was a good wake-up call to let him know that he needs to work on more than "bulking up". Maurice won't waste much time on him if he doesn't come to the main camp in great shape.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
I'm sure he can work on his conditioning, but maybe this was a good wake-up call to let him know that he needs to work on more than "bulking up". Maurice won't waste much time on him if he doesn't come to the main camp in great shape.

Precisely, and I'm sure he will focus on whatever feedback he is receiving during the camp

I don't doubt that by the time camp ends, all of these players will have a "to do" list for the remainder of the summer in accordance with their goals

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I doubt he'll be "out of shape", but like Morrissey last year, he could be in the "wrong shape". I'm hoping (if there's an issue) that his training regiment gets reset while he's here for the Development Camp. He's got a lot of time to correct things before TC.

I think even this is overblown.

It's the first time he stepped on the ice for a month or more. He was bound to look a little sluggish and gassed.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I think even this is overblown.

It's the first time he stepped on the ice for a month or more. He was bound to look a little sluggish and gassed.

I agree Sweech, which is why I qualified my comments a couple of times. I'm sure he'll be fine once he gets his legs under him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad