Speculation: Ehlers 2015-2016 Season

ComplexChris

#RideTheLAINE
Feb 27, 2014
Lainepeg
I believe Chevy really wants to see him on the main roster this coming season. I'm sure he'll be very impressive this dev camp

He will do very very very well if he makes the team this season. Sadly he's gonna be overshadowed by McDavid and Eichel.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Since the poll only has static goal totals, i'd like to clarify my position:

I think he will probably net 30-40pts next season anchoring 3RW, possibly moving up to 2RW if injuries occur or he's just that good.

I'm hoping for a Selanne like rookie season though :sarcasm:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Since the poll only has static goal totals, i'd like to clarify my position:

I think he will probably net 30-40pts next season anchoring 3RW, possibly moving up to 2RW if injuries occur or he's just that good.

I'm hoping for a Selanne like rookie season though :sarcasm:

This is pretty much spot on for me. I selected 40-44pts at the last minute, but I think a more realistic total is 35-40. Agree on the 3rd / 2nd line split, and think he'll get mostly 2nd PP time, with some stints on the 1st PP.

PP time could easily inflate those totals, if he's given the opportunity and he makes the most of it.

Optimistically, I'd love to see him have a Gaudreau type year, but Johnny Hockey was a bit more mature than Ehlers will be.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
This is pretty much spot on for me. I selected 40-44pts at the last minute, but I think a more realistic total is 35-40. Agree on the 3rd / 2nd line split, and think he'll get mostly 2nd PP time, with some stints on the 1st PP.

PP time could easily inflate those totals, if he's given the opportunity and he makes the most of it.

Optimistically, I'd love to see him have a Gaudreau type year, but Johnny Hockey was a bit more mature than Ehlers will be.

Would be nice to have two solid PP units this year, w/ Ehlers producing well on one of them. Super stoked for puck drop, can't wait to see Ehlers in action.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Depends how they use him..If they give him easy offensive minutes, PP time..Or if they try to force him to show a defensive game and not make it easy on him..

I'll say 40 points with a hope that it's wrong and he has a Calder worthy 60. (If he wasn't competing with McDavid/Eichel)

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
I hope they go with a more balanced approach and play Ehlers with Ladd and Little. If that happens, he probably cracks 50 points. If he plays with Lowry and Burmi, he'll be in the 25-30 range.

As for the poll, I'll split the difference and say 40.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I believe Chevy really wants to see him on the main roster this coming season. I'm sure he'll be very impressive this dev camp

He will do very very very well if he makes the team this season. Sadly he's gonna be overshadowed by McDavid and Eichel.

Those two over shadow everyone.....rightly so.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
PCS suggests the average statistical player with Ehler's draft+1 year has a NHL career of 0.69 points per game.

I think Ehlers will be over that, given his qualitative factors.

For his rookie year, I'm going with 40-44 points.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I expect him to break selanne's rookie goal scoring record. But with a better celebration. Like a back flip or something.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Depends how they use him..If they give him easy offensive minutes, PP time..Or if they try to force him to show a defensive game and not make it easy on him..

I'll say 40 points with a hope that it's wrong and he has a Calder worthy 60. (If he wasn't competing with McDavid/Eichel)

Good point.....how will Pmo use Ehlers and any other newbie? Force them to play a 200' game that we know Pmo likes and thus limit some of their creativity.......or release the hounds?

Don't see Pmo releasing the hounds sets a bad precedent overall. But I could see him going with a hybrid between the two extremes with Ehlers....maybe Petan.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I won't repeat my answer from the other thread but I expect 35-39 if he stays on the third line most of the year. 40-45 if he supplants Stafford midway through the year.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Just don't know..... so much of it is based on how Maurice uses him and will Elhers prove enough to Maurice that he can be trusted to get the ice time. Maurice, JMO, seems to want to rely on the tried and proven vet over throwing the rookie right into the mix. But, hey maybe Elhers will blow his socks off and Mo will give him tonnes of ice time.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I think he makes the Jets and then gets sent down before game 10.

Basing that on nothing more than a hunch.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Uneducated guess of 79 GP with 49 points - 23 goals 26 assists. 58 PIM. 201 SOG . +13. Avg ice time 12:50. Rookie all star team and 3rd in Calder votes.

Roughly.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Just don't know..... so much of it is based on how Maurice uses him and will Elhers prove enough to Maurice that he can be trusted to get the ice time. Maurice, JMO, seems to want to rely on the tried and proven vet over throwing the rookie right into the mix. But, hey maybe Elhers will blow his socks off and Mo will give him tonnes of ice time.

Agreed. I think his point production will have just as much to do with Pmo as it does with Ehlers ability.

Good players don't produce unless they are given ice time.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad