Confirmed with Link: Egor Yakovlev signed to a one-year, entry-level contract

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
The Rangers draft thread from that year is an outstanding read. With each pick leading up to #10, they are getting more and more psyched that one of Tarasenko or Fowler will fall to them. It's full-blown celebration after the 9th pick is in ...and then... *disaster*.

It's even funnier looking back, because at the time the notion was "LOL they spent a #10 pick on Ulf Samuelsson." McIlrath ended up being about 1/10th the player Ulf was.
Imagine if the Rangers had a Fowler or a Tarasenko added to their roster for their 2012-2015 playoff runs. Sad.

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Forgive me if this was mentioned in the previous posts, but Yegor Yakovlev was born one month before Nikita Zaitsev (both 1991 birth dates) and Zaitsev's KHL stats are far superior to Yakovlev's. So looking at what Zaitsev has done with the Leafs the past two seasons I am not sure that Yakovlev can put up those same numbers.

Yegor Yakovlev hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com

Nikita Zaitsev hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com
I believe Yakolev is a defensive defenseman with some mobility. Zaitsev is more of a scoring defenseman.

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
I believe Yakolev is a defensive defenseman with some mobility. Zaitsev is more of a scoring defenseman.

But zaitsev with that contract is not part of the solution in toronto but rather part of a problem.

hope at least he can defend like what is a d-man´s most important job

DWillx23

Jan 16, 2015
New Jersey
One of my fraternity brothers got an offer to tutor two of the Russian Devils players to teach them English. I would assume it's Yakovlev and Sharangovich (maybe?). He couldn't take the offer because he's interning in D.C., but still pretty cool. The lady who offered him the tutoring spot referred to them as the "Red Devils", lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad