Confirmed with Link: Egor Yakovlev signed to a one-year, entry-level contract

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
buying out Lovejoy is nonsense and I hate Lovejoy

keep him as an extra for his final year. You may even be able to pawn him off for like a 6th round pick in 2020 or something to a team needing depth

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I hope this is a lesson that GMs will learn from Vegas. That team is a whole lot of tweeners and maybes. Those guys were given a shot.

Learn what? How to get ludicrously lucky and have every tweener play way over their heads?

Last edited:

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Learn what? How to get ludicrously lucky and have every tweeners play way over their heads?

I think at this point it’s a bit more than luck when they’ve accomplished what they have over 82 games and now 3 rounds of the playoffs.

But to the original point, the lesson to learn is having the right coach/system in place and a team full of players willing to buy in is how you play “above your means”. Good for them.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I think at this point it’s a bit more than luck when they’ve accomplished what they have over 82 games and now 3 rounds of the playoffs.

But to the original point, the lesson to learn is having the right coach/system in place and a team full of players willing to buy in is how you play “above your means”. Good for them.

They have played well enough to make the SCF. I don't mean they got lucky on the ice. I mean they got lucky as they were building their team that 90% of the GMs in the league are incompetent morons.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Mueller needs a full season. He has great potential. Big, strong, patient and carries the puck well.

Lovejoy has been a problem all season. He doesn't have the foot speed or talent to compete in this league.
I like elements of Mueller's game. But when he has time and space in his own, he is clueless on breakouts. It's odd.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
But why did all those tweeners play over their head? How does Karlsson come from out of nowhere to be a ppg player?

I think there is something there in the form ofoppurtunities and environment that helped spur these guys on.

They are exceptionally well coached. And it happens. We've seen it. You think half the guys on the 2012 team were as good as they played that season? It happens.

The telling year will be next year.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
they had a 109 points and are 12-3 in the playoffs so far. that would be hard for any team in the NHL team to repeat. so i'm not seeing why it would be telling for them to worse next year than they are this year. how many teams in the NHL repeat 50 win seasons?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You can't buy out Lovejoy during the second buyout window - his salary needs to be above the NHL average for that to happen, and it isn't.
I actually didn’t know this.

I don’t even really wanna buy him out that badly right now.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
But why did all those tweeners play over their head? How does Karlsson come from out of nowhere to be a ppg player?

I think there is something there in the form ofoppurtunities and environment that helped spur these guys on.
Karlsson’s shooting percentage was like 23% this year. He’s probably a 25-32 goal scorer.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
they had a 109 points and are 12-3 in the playoffs so far. that would be hard for any team in the NHL team to repeat. so i'm not seeing why it would be telling for them to worse next year than they are this year. how many teams in the NHL repeat 50 win seasons?

It will be telling if they miss the playoffs I think.

But I digress. This is way off topic.

Muevelo

Apr 7, 2018
Hopefully we dotdo retain Moore. BenJ is the perfect 7th man unless we can move him for a 6th or 7th. Move Greene to the 3rd pairing and limit minutes. Vat,Sev and Butcher are our 3 who aren't going anywhere. Go heavy after Carlson and if not him, go full throttle for de Haan IMO.

Egor very well might push and get a spot mene year. It might deoend on if Santini has improved as well. But I believe if we get one of those 2, loose Moore and limit Greene we should be much better on the backend then.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
NJ thinks very highly of this guy, he also gave up a top 4 spot on possibly the 32nd best team on the planet where he was guaranteed millions. This guy is going to be on the roster for sure as long as he works hard. I think Moore is as good as gone. As long as NJ limits one of Santini/Lovejoy playing every night NJ should have 4 solid puck movers in the lineup most nights.

Reactions: Bleedred

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Karlsson’s shooting percentage was like 23% this year. He’s probably a 25-32 goal scorer.
Which would still make him a 60 point player. More then double his career high.

I mean he played a full 81 games last year and scored 6 goals.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
They are exceptionally well coached. And it happens. We've seen it. You think half the guys on the 2012 team were as good as they played that season? It happens.

The telling year will be next year.
Outside of Clarkson and his 30 goals which guy had an oddly good year? And his year was nothing like Karlsson's, and Vegas had a bunch of other guys with significant breakout years.

If you want to roll with "it happens" that's fine, but I think the "why's" are interesting.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Outside of Clarkson and his 30 goals which guy had an oddly good year? And his year was nothing like Karlsson's, and Vegas had a bunch of other guys with significant breakout years.

If you want to roll with "it happens" that's fine, but I think the "why's" are interesting.

clarkson's 30 goal season is more impressive than dennis maruk's 60 goal season with the caps

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don’t think people should just write Egor off as definite AHL fodder before he even steps on North American ice, but I am not penciling him into the opening night roster either.

See how he looks in camp and what the depth chart looks like and go from there

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I don’t think people should just write Egor off as definite AHL fodder before he even steps on North American ice, but I am not penciling him into the opening night roster either.

You can't write any D man out of our lineup. Virtually anyone can make it with the exception of someone like Mark Fraser.

I'm interested to see what this guy can do. I think it's fair to temper expectations though.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

He's not AHL fodder because he has a European Assignment clause - if he gets sent down, he can return to Russia. Now some guys with that will stick around for a bit if they get sent down, but not for long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad