Confirmed with Link: Eetu Laurikainen signed to ELC

McDeathbyCheerios*

I don't get the Bachman love....he is a good AHL goalie and 3rd stringer at best.

He can ONLY be the backup if we have a 70game starter, and we aren't finding one of them.
We will be lucky to find a 50 game starter.
He has been good in every start for us with the garbage defending we have had. He is on a tear in the ahl playoffs too. He is a good goalie has could start 30-35 games a year. He is better then Scrivens as he has fight in him, which Scrivens doesn't.

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
He has been good in every start for us with the garbage defending we have had. He is on a tear in the ahl playoffs too. He is a good goalie has could start 30-35 games a year. He is better then Scrivens as he has fight in him, which Scrivens doesn't.

Four strong starts over two seasons. There's a reason why he's not a fulltime NHLer.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006

Well said.

Bachman has a strong work ethic and in my mind will probably be our back up next year. Scrivens simply doesn't put in the effort.

That being said I am happy Eetu chose Edmonton.

McDeathbyCheerios*

How does scrivens not put in the effort?
Well for one giving up the first shot of the game what, 5 games in a row.

Just diving down for pucks and flopping around. His awful attempts at playing the puck, just shows he isn't putting in effort.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Well said.

Bachman has a strong work ethic and in my mind will probably be our back up next year. Scrivens simply doesn't put in the effort.

Bachman is simply too small IMO well at least to be an option at the NHL level as a backup who plays more than 10-15 games. He is listed at 5'10 and that is fine at the AHL level but when you have NHL level shots they can find corners that are open that would not be with a slightly bigger goalie even.

Edit: I like Bachman and would fully endorse him as a back up on our team if we managed to get a bonafide starter which we probably won't be able to get that workhorse to play 60 games a season.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Bachman is simply too small IMO well at least to be an option at the NHL level as a backup who plays more than 10-15 games. He is listed at 5'10 and that is fine at the AHL level but when you have NHL level shots they can find corners that are open that would not be with a slightly bigger goalie even.

Just like Halak, too small to be good in the NHL.

As a back-up I think Bachman can do the job, as a starter? Probably not.

McDeathbyCheerios*

That's only a big problem if he wasnt athletic.

He can find the puck well and puts in a constant effort to stop it and never gives up on the play

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I don't get the Bachman love....he is a good AHL goalie and 3rd stringer at best.

He can ONLY be the backup if we have a 70game starter, and we aren't finding one of them.
We will be lucky to find a 50 game starter.

I agree.

IMO Bachman isn't a legit option as an NHL backup. Good College goalie and good AHL goalie.

His career SV% as an AHL starter is a very average .914.

I wouldnt want him playing anymore than than 5-10 games at the NHL level which isnt nearly enough of a contribution.

It will be interesting to see if Bachman is even with the AHL team next season.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005

He can find the puck well and puts in a constant effort to stop it and never gives up on the play

bachman tracks his rebounds better than scrivens does and he remains calm when he loses track of the puck. scrivens panics when he loses the puck and it causes him to use his athleticism a lot more than he really needs to.

Macblender

May 5, 2014

If he has 2-3 more inches then I would agree. Jonathan Quick is a smaller goalie in the NHL who relies on his athleticism so he is an example I will use at 6'1.

Those few extra inches makes a difference in wingspan and leg length to cover the bottom of the net. Even with out of this world athleticism it would be hard to cover all the corners at the same speed as a bigger goalie at 5'10 it a given IMO that it will be exploited. I don't know the extent of how often it will happen which is why I still think he could be a backup.

Anyway Laurikainen is 6'0 so he will have this issue to a slightly lesser extent and we will see how it plays out.

I don't think we should be worrying about Bachman vs. Scrivens as the backup lets worry about getting a qualified starter.

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
I view it as Richard Bachman = Jussi Markkanen - a good backup

Co-incidentally Eetu Laurikainen and Jussi Markkanen both play in the SM-Liiga and it Eetu is puttin up better numbers this year with a .933 sv percentage, though this year his team is not as good - last year Markkanen ran a .926 with a comparable team to Eetu's.

Hopefully Eetu keeps trending up and can become a starter in the NHL so when Scriven's contract is done we have some competition at G in the NHL.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Rimmer kept on an AHL deal and sent to Norfolk. Guy is a solid ECHL goalie who isn't a bad option for the Condors to have if LB gets called up to the NHL at some point.

On topic, I like this signing. No risk and potentially a very high reward.

Rimmer, Tuohimaa, and Bunz were all barely marginal ECHL goalies. Rimmer was the better of the bunch, but the Condors have lost a lot of games on the extremely soft goals that these three gave up over the last couple years. Unless the Oilers are just looking for a warm body, I don't see any reason to bring back any of the three.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
How does scrivens not put in the effort?

I apologize for not replying sooner.

Scrivens is rather indifferent in his training regiment and doesn't put in the effort when compared to others in the organization. (I have previously spoken to a mod concerning my knowledge of information and will leave it at that.)

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Would love it if one of these signings paid off one day and we ended up with one of those undrafted starting European goalies that we seem to see so frequently over the years.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
This team was getting dangerously low on Finns. Plus, he looks like he has some really solid numbers, so it definitely looks like a good move from where I'm sitting.

And if it means we won't reach for a goalie in the draft, that's even better still.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I apologize for not replying sooner.

Scrivens is rather indifferent in his training regiment and doesn't put in the effort when compared to others in the organization. (I have previously spoken to a mod concerning my knowledge of information and will leave it at that.)

I hope that he moves on this offseason and that we start next season with 2 new goalies, hopefully one of which is a legit starting goaltender.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
i don't think so with Hoivanen, but i also heard that likely Bunz and Rimmer were gone. Edmonton really does seem to be a goalie graveyard, doesn't it? :(

(hopefully this changes with PC in charge!!).

The bum has done nothing since he draft year.
Seriously, since being drafted he's been in decline.
That's not on us. He was faltering before we had a change to mess with his cool-aid.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
That's not on us. He was faltering before we had a change to mess with his cool-aid.

He was bad at an ECHL level. He was just a bad pick, plain and simple.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Scrivens makes to much to be a backup goalie but at least it's only for 1 year. In an ideal world we'd be able to trade Scrivens, acquire a veteran starting goalie like Anderson and a young up and comer like Jones or Talbot as a backup.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Wasn't he WHL goalie of the year the season after his draft year??

He went straight downhill after getting that DUi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad