Confirmed with Link: Eetu Laurikainen signed to ELC

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
He's not even looking mediocre. Of the 22 goalies the QMJHL track stats for, he's dead last. He's not even worth following for me personally, 7th that won't be signed. It will be nice to see EDM draft Samsonov this year, pretty please Chia.

Yes please Samsonov, and Godla later in the draft as well.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Maybe on Nagelvoort but Bouchard's stats are just horrendous. People already write off Fucale and he has better stats than Kevan's. (They're still bad despite being on good teams)

Fucale: 41GP, 3.20GA, .885sv%
Bouchard: 36GP, 3.85GA, .872sv%

Bouchard also seemingly was the backup in Val D'or. He got beat out by a rookie.

I have to ask, with how up and down goalies development are as a whole is there even a point in drafting them? Bouchard for example is a 7th rounder, would he have even been picked? Are we not better off just trading for a guy after a couple years of development like Brossoit or signing an undrafted guy?

Maybe it's just our piss poor drafting and development of goalies that makes me think like this.

Bastulon

Jul 11, 2014
Canada
I have to ask, with how up and down goalies development are as a whole is there even a point in drafting them? Bouchard for example is a 7th rounder, would he have even been picked? Are we not better off just trading for a guy after a couple years of development like Brossoit or signing an undrafted guy?

Maybe it's just our piss poor drafting and development of goalies that makes me think like this.

It's definitely better to trade for a goalie like Brossoit or sign guys like O'Connor, Laurikainen but that's compared to taking late picks like Bouchard.

I really like European goalies, too. Guys like Sorokin, Shestyorkin, Husso, Saros. It would've been nice to see a 3rd or 4th used on one of those in the last year or two.
(Saros reportedly may re-enter this year's draft)

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Bunz, Touhimaa and maybe even Rimmer. Do Oil still have Hoivinens rights?

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Rimmer kept on an AHL deal and sent to Norfolk. Guy is a solid ECHL goalie who isn't a bad option for the Condors to have if LB gets called up to the NHL at some point.

On topic, I like this signing. No risk and potentially a very high reward.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
He's not even looking mediocre. Of the 22 goalies the QMJHL track stats for, he's dead last. He's not even worth following for me personally, 7th that won't be signed. It will be nice to see EDM draft Samsonov this year, pretty please Chia.

^this is another problem i hpe PC can fix. we've had no luck drafting goalies in the later rounds, Bouchard and Tuohimaa were both 7th rounders and Nagelvoort was a 4th rounder, and none of these guys are showing all that well, IMO. even though many fans think goalies are "a crapshoot", maybe it's time to think up another strategy and maybe use our low 2nd, or 3rd to get one of the better goalies available this year, and it's a deep year for goalies.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.

so we'll let other teams pick and start to develop goalies for us, then trade for them....sounds like something Lowe and MacT were quite adept at, not being able to develop players.

Eirhead*

I'm guessing they're probably going to let Bachman go to make room for developing goalies, let him and Brossoit compete for the starter position / call-up from OKC.

Quinteoilers

Jan 7, 2012
I'm guessing they're probably going to let Bachman go to make room for developing goalies, let him and Brossoit compete for the starter position / call-up from OKC.

I think as people have mentioned, Bachman is the new 15-20 game back up. And this summer, Chia comes up with a true starter.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Bachman has been great for OKC Barons this season, was good when called up to the Oilers and now has turned it up even more in AHL playoffs.

Dont mind him being the backup in Edmonton next year.

Eirhead*

I kind of assume Scrivens and a yet to be signed / traded for NHL goalie will be our #1/2 on the Oilers next year.

I could see Bachman re-signed for AHL depth. But I highly doubt he'll be our #2 in the NHL on paper come training camp. Maybe he can beat someone out for the job. But I expect the Oilers to let him go... he's just a little too short for NHL sharp-shooters.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I kind of assume Scrivens and a yet to be signed / traded for NHL goalie will be our #1/2 on the Oilers next year.

I could see Bachman re-signed for AHL depth. But I highly doubt he'll be our #2 in the NHL on paper come training camp. Maybe he can beat someone out for the job. But I expect the Oilers to let him go... he's just a little too short for NHL sharp-shooters.

I hope not, right now I trust Bachman more as the back-up then Scrivens.

Eirhead*

I hope not, right now I trust Bachman more as the back-up then Scrivens.

I think the Oilers have been pretty good at crushing the confidence of any goalie who's played a significant amount of games for them recently. I think Scrivens is better than his last season with us. If nothing else, he a serviceable NHL backup. We still need to address our defense more than anything else.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I think the Oilers have been pretty good at crushing the confidence of any goalie who's played a significant amount of games for them recently. I think Scrivens is better than his last season with us. If nothing else, he a serviceable NHL backup. We still need to address our defense more than anything else.

I think it doesn't matter, cut bait and change the goalies to forget the rock bottom he helped to hit.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I wouldn't say graveyard. Bunz, Tuohimaa and Rimmer just weren't good imho, neither are Bouchard or Nagelvoort. Debatable if Olivier Roy was.

Brossiot > Bunz, Tuohimaa, Rimmer and Olivier Roy

Jury is still out on Nagelvoort. Has the tools to be an NHLer..just needs more seasoning.

Bouchard is a long term project...

Bunz to me doesnt have the mental tools to be a NHLer..maybe carves out a career as an AHLer, cant stay healthy.

Tuohimaa and Rimmer were never going to be NHLers.

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
I thought Nagelvoort was the one that had a very poor year? Granted it's only one year, it's not really a good thing for a guy who was drafted as an overager.

Nagel Voort 19yr season (no Chabot)
24gm .929 Save%

14-15: 20 yr Season
With Chabot As oilers Goalie coach.
8gm .900 Save%
Chabot Fired:
14gm .920 SAVE%

Remember players get video training and development.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Nagel Voort 19yr season (no Chabot)
24gm .929 Save%

14-15: 20 yr Season
With Chabot As oilers Goalie coach.
8gm .900 Save%
Chabot Fired:
14gm .920 SAVE%

Remember players get video training and development.

That's no small stretch, I know we all hate Chabot, but yeah.

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008

Goalies ar like NFl running backs 5-7 years of strong starting.
18-26 devlopment
27-33 strong play
33+ decline in performance.

15-16 age
Scrivens 29
Bachman 28
Broisoit 22
laurikainen 22
Nagelvoort 21

McDeathbyCheerios*

Honestly I hope we trade Scrivens and use Bachman as our back up.

Use Eetu and Brossoit in OKC

ekcut

The Refs shot JFK.
Jul 25, 2007
Edmonton
Honestly I hope we trade Scrivens and use Bachman as our back up.

Use Eetu and Brossoit in OKC

I don't get the Bachman love....he is a good AHL goalie and 3rd stringer at best.

He can ONLY be the backup if we have a 70game starter, and we aren't finding one of them.
We will be lucky to find a 50 game starter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad