Blue Jays Discussion: Edwin, Donaldson, Saunders, Sanchez, Estrada to the ASG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
•The Blue Jays’ Triple-A affiliate in Buffalo has released right-hander Roberto Hernandez, per a club announcement.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Maybe Bautista?

No chance they trade Edwin. I have no doubt they are looking to trade JB and can we really blame them? This management group are not going to pay JB what he thinks he's worth. he's already starting to break down physically. I don't see any way he's re-signed unless he takes a serious hit to both his ego and his expectations. I fully expect him to be shopped.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
No chance they trade Edwin. I have no doubt they are looking to trade JB and can we really blame them? This management group are not going to pay JB what he thinks he's worth. he's already starting to break down physically. I don't see any way he's re-signed unless he takes a serious hit to both his ego and his expectations. I fully expect him to be shopped.

But just selling him in the middle of a playoff race? I don't think they will do that. Bautista makes them better.

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
I'd trade him in a heart beat for a good long term starter, and 2 good relief arms (or pitching prospects)

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Martes probably already is an elite relief option. Could potentially form a dominant top 3 trio with Stroman and Sanchez.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Martes probably already is an elite relief option. Could potentially form a dominant top 3 trio with Stroman and Sanchez.

His command seems a little off to be in the rotation now, but those K's sure are sexy.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

francis martes began his professional career by being signed by the miami marlins as a free agent in 2013. He was not there very long, as he was traded to the astros in the jarred cosart trade. Along with martes, the astros also received two other players still in the organization: Colin moran and jake marisnick.

Martes has dominated most everywhere he has gone with the astros. Last year between single-a and double-a, he compiled a 2.04 era. This year he started with corpus christi and had shown signs of being an incredible pitcher in the league.

the big right-hander has many strengths in his game. A middle to high 90s fastball is one of his greatest strength and is one that will have success at the major league level. His next strength is an incredible curveball that he throws hard and with consistency. Those are his primary two pitches and strengths, but he also has a decent changeup.

this season has been an interesting one for martes. High expectations were given to him, as he is in the top-5 of astros prospects. But, as previously mentioned, he started out slow, allowing 13 runs in his first three games of the year. But as the hooks have improved in the month of may and on, so has martes. He allowed nearly half the runs in may as he did in his first three starts, with 7. June has been just as good or better for him, having surrendered only one run in two starts. Even with his struggles on the year, martes has still only given up two home runs in 44.1 innings on the year.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton

It would be incredibly stupid of us to trade Bautista

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
It would be incredibly stupid of us to trade Bautista

He's had a pretty average season so far and has been a liability defensively. Not quite sure that the other 29 GM's have seen what we have so far and we could some really nice pieces back.

Shouldn't really even be a question of which guy to keep anymore.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
He's had a pretty average season so far and has been a liability defensively. Not quite sure that the other 29 GM's have seen what we have so far and we could some really nice pieces back.

Shouldn't really even be a question of which guy to keep anymore.

I wouldn't move him unless we get a piece back that can help us immediately. I ain't selling anybody for just pie in the sky prospects this year. We are only 3.5 games of first in the division.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Interesting to see the Jays leading the AL in average attendance and yet the ownership still treat the budget as a middling AL team would. For sure they don't have some massive TV contract from an outside source like other clubs because their numbers are buried throughout the whole Rogers media/data organization. No way this team is losing money

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
I wouldn't move him unless we get a piece back that can help us immediately. I ain't selling anybody for just pie in the sky prospects this year. We are only 3.5 games of first in the division.
He probably won't be back until August. Might as well hope we win the whole thing with him leading the way for the last 2 months and then just accept he's gone.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Interesting to see the Jays leading the AL in average attendance and yet the ownership still treat the budget as a middling AL team would. For sure they don't have some massive TV contract from an outside source like other clubs because their numbers are buried throughout the whole Rogers media/data organization. No way this team is losing money

It's kind of hard to judge budget decisions that were made months and months ago based on current attendance figures. If anything, these numbers should be reflected in the 2017 budget.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
It's kind of hard to judge budget decisions that were made months and months ago based on current attendance figures. If anything, these numbers should be reflected in the 2017 budget.
Yet here was a huge boost in attendance the last half of the 2015 season that was not reflected in the 2016 budget. I'll be very surprised if it's increased in 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad