Blue Jays Discussion: Edwin, Donaldson, Saunders, Sanchez, Estrada to the ASG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Tellez 3 for 3, a triple away from the cycle(not going to happen) in the 4th inning.

he's hitting .510(25/49) in his last 17 games, with 8 walks and just 5 strikeouts. 3 Homeruns in that span but all in his last 6 games.

Maybe it's time for Buffalo right now

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Anyone in the lower mainland in BC with Shaw cable can watch a Canadians game right now vs Spokane on the Shaw channel.

Not a notable pitcher on the mound (Andy Ravel?), but the C's lineup tonight has Rodrigo Orozco, JB Woodman, and Dieferson Barreto. No Cavan Biggio tonight.

Not exactly a bounty of elite prospects to watch, but interesting names.

EDIT: Andrew Ravel was the Jays' 7th rounder this year. That's why I didn't recognize the name.

Not a fan of him so far. If my amateur eyeballs mean anything, he looks like he's got a busy, bendy delivery with lots of moving parts. Seems high effort.

Last edited:

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
lineup against Kluber today

Ezequiel Carrera (L) CF
Josh Donaldson (R) 3B
Edwin Encarnacion (R) DH
Michael Saunders (L) LF
Russell Martin (R) C
Troy Tulowitzki (R) SS
Justin Smoak (S) 1B
Junior Lake (R) RF
Darwin Barney (R) 2B

Day off for Pillar

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Edwin has been suspended one game and fined for making contact with ump He is appealing though and will play today.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
So because a pitch that hit the chalk of the opposite batters box and was called a strike, we're essentially going to lose Edwin for 3 games worth of baseball.

Amazing.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
So because a pitch that hit the chalk of the opposite batters box and was called a strike, we're essentially going to lose Edwin for 3 games worth of baseball.

Amazing.

No, it's not because of the call; it's because of Edwin's reaction.

And how do you get three games? The game he was thrown out of and the one game suspension only make two.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
No, it's not because of the call; it's because of Edwin's reaction.

And how do you get three games? The game he was thrown out of and the one game suspension only make two.

You're right. His reaction wasn't due to the strikezone or anything. I find his reaction completely justified and if we're calling that 'bumping the ump' then whatever. He grazed him.

While he'll miss technically 2 games... 19 innings + 9 innings = 27 innings. So yeah, 3 games worth of baseball.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Not that I care but more shocked than anything that carrera doesn't speak English after all these years in North America. Very surprised.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Not that I care but more shocked than anything that carrera doesn't speak English after all these years in North America. Very surprised.

But he understands it. If you noticed, the translator did not have to translate what Hazel was asking him. I think he just does not feel comfortable speaking English on camera. He can probably speak well enough when he is around with his teammates.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
But he understands it. If you noticed, the translator did not have to translate what Hazel was asking him. I think he just does not feel comfortable speaking English on camera. He can probably speak well enough when he is around with his teammates.

Surpsingly Edwin does the same thing. I'm sure he knows what to say to umpires though.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
If they can understand it it's almost certainly that they aren't comfortable talking around strangers. Often it's because they're embarrassed of their accent. I'm sure Carrera writes and understands fluent English.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast

I was just thinking that. Maybe he's just not comfortable speaking on camera. Fair enough.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Martes is a top prospect. Selling on Encarnacion?

I like him but it'd be kind of disappointing since we're battling with them in the wildcard positions, plus the division still isn't out of reach.

But Martes is definitely intriguing. Potentially two 70s in the repertoire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad