Prospect Info: Eduard Sale - Forward (Round 1, Pick #20 - 2023 Draft)

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Great serious conversation starter to say that if a European player doesn't come over to the O and drop 120 points it's a huge disappointment :rolleyes:
He is going to do it easily in OHL mark my words maybe not 120, but 100 without a doubt. It is a massive step down going from Extraliga to CHL, he is going to dominate the s*&t out of that league. 15 points in Extraliga is really great for 18yo kid who is playing on 3rd line.

Reactions: NiagaraKraken

luapejrug

Jan 24, 2023
He is going to do it easily in OHL mark my words maybe not 120, but 100 without a doubt. It is a massive step down going from Extraliga to CHL, he is going to dominate the s*&t out of that league. 15 points in Extraliga is really great for 18yo kid who is playing on 3rd line.
From what I saw this season from those following him, he was buried down the lineup without any special team minutes and he was still able to produce (he didn't burn the league but he produced very well for the minutes he got). I saw one of his games during the Hlinka Gretzky and he was dominant on the PP so I think he'll definitely put up big numbers in the O.

I think the big question with his development is filling into his frame. If he is able to absorb more contact (like he has been able to do when playing against those his own age), I think people will really look back and wonder how he dropped to 20.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
From what I saw this season from those following him, he was buried down the lineup without any special team minutes and he was still able to produce (he didn't burn the league but he produced very well for the minutes he got). I saw one of his games during the Hlinka Gretzky and he was dominant on the PP so I think he'll definitely put up big numbers in the O.

I think the big question with his development is filling into his frame. If he is able to absorb more contact (like he has been able to do when playing against those his own age), I think people will really look back and wonder how he dropped to 20.
It would be great if he comes to NA and excels. No doubt.

I'm not going to be disappointed if he doesn't lead the OHL in points though. There is still time to grow and plenty of room to be a really good player in the O without scoring like a pinball machine. And, for what it's worth, he may never get to the NHL level if he can't play some semblance of a two-way game.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
It would be great if he comes to NA and excels. No doubt.

I'm not going to be disappointed if he doesn't lead the OHL in points though. There is still time to grow and plenty of room to be a really good player in the O without scoring like a pinball machine. And, for what it's worth, he may never get to the NHL level if he can't play some semblance of a two-way game.
Do not worry, he is going to make Mark Stone look like an amateur in no time.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

The big question is his motivation, that's why he dropped to 20. Whether it's scoring in the OHL or bulking up, neither will happen is his motivation isn't there. I'm hoping the move helps him focus his life on hockey. Not to mention his teammates will be counting on him to score.

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
You obviously don't follow OHL hockey. There have been much better imports come into the league that came nowhere close to those numbers in there 1st year playing NA hockey.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Sale is going to be fine and will be the centre piece of Barrie's Offense so could put up some some gaudy numbers! That's the hope that he plays 20-25 minutes per night...regulars shifts,PP and PK even! Eduard can do it!!!

luapejrug

Jan 24, 2023
He played wing in today's game against Oshawa and put up 1G+2A. I wish they would have the play flow through him on the powerplay but I think that will come as his teammates get more used to playing with him.

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
So 14 points in 16 games, with only 4 goals, is pretty underwhelming. Anyone watching him play these days?

luapejrug

Jan 24, 2023
So 14 points in 16 games, with only 4 goals, is pretty underwhelming. Anyone watching him play these days?
I've been watching a bit and he looks good when the puck is on his stick but I think it's a mixture of his team not being good at linking plays together + his effort levels when he doesn't have the puck. The skill is certainly evident and he can be the most dangerous player on the ice for like 1 period each game but the consistency is lacking.

I think he tries hard to force passes when he could probably torch teams if he tries being a little more selfish by shooting more himself. I also think he would have a lot more points if he played on a team like Kitchener who work better at linking plays as a unit.

He might need a little more runway to fix these things, but let's not forget how difficult it is for young European players to come over and adjust to NA on and off the ice. The talent he has is definitely noticeable so I anticipate we'll see more from him as he gets more comfortable in the OHL + during the WJC.

Reactions: kihei and sigma six

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The skill is certainly evident and he can be the most dangerous player on the ice for like 1 period each game but the consistency is lacking.

That's not what I want to hear. I was wondering if his disappearing act last year was because he was still immature and playing in a men's league, but he's in a league full of immature kids now, and he's still disappearing. He might not have the drive.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
1st period 2 primary assists so far against Guelph. Seems like he makes too much passes, if he started to shoot more(he basically never shoots, this is the first game i see of him in OHL so idk about games before), his production would drastically jump up. He just makes it all too much complicated.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3