Post-Game Talk: EDSF Game 2 - B's tie up the series - BRUINS 4 Washington 3 F/OT

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Hasn’t Kuznestov been very inconsistent for them this year and how long has it been since he has played? Losing Eller and putting in Kuznestov still seems like a good break for the Bruins .
Good point on Kuznetsov's inconsistency.

Will definitely be interesting to see what they do with both of them. I expect Anderson to get the nod tomorrow with Samsonov getting backup duty.

Reactions: TD Charlie and JCRO

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Good point on Kuznetsov's inconsistency.

Will definitely be interesting to see what they do with both of them. I expect Anderson to get the nod tomorrow with Samsonov getting backup duty.
Samsonov saw the Bs twice this year
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Yeah I’d stick with Anderson if I was them. At least for one more

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
He stops skating a few strides away and glides into him. Similar to Krug's end to ender in the Finals against the Blues.

Krug's might well have been a penalty if Thomas (to his credit) didn't get up. It was also open ice, which eliminates some of the danger.

As much as I enjoyed that hit by Krug, it's within the rulebook to call it a charge. I was relieved that they didn't.

There is one part of the charging rule about the distance traveled with the intent to throw a hit. This is where the refs discretion comes in.

The player can also fake an injury to get a call on something borderline. Neither Thomas nor Lazar did that--even though Thomas was actually taken out of the series by that hit.

If Wilson threw that same hit on Bergeron, Pasta, Hall, Marchand or Krejci, and they were injured, I think there would be a different outlook.

As someone else mentioned, I'll take that hit over Wilson's usual headshots.

Serpico

Aug 16, 2020
NYC
I had to take third period off from our GDT thread last night. Would have picked up an infraction or smashed my computer.

Bruins coming home 1-1 and can play a lot better. Not perfect by any stretch but a lot of very good signs and some easy adjustments to make.

The performance on our GDT last night though?????? Good lord. If this were a hockey team we'd have already lost this series and been eliminated from next years' playoffs as a penalty for a seemingly endless pile of shitty takes and comments. It was unreal.

I finally get it why the big cheeses are always so hot on the smart puck, the glowing puck, the shot tracker, and the stat labels. Some people need that shit to understand what's going on on their screen.

Agreed on the GDT being a cesspool. Makes you wonder how people here handle any adversity in life. loser mentalities galore...

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
He was a liability last year with us. Still a fan of Chara for what he has done for the Bruins but his time is done.
Big difference is that last year we played him like he was still a top pairing Dman , which he is not anymore. Doesn't diminish what he's done for the Bruins during his tenure .

Root

Feb 22, 2010
I just re watched periods 2 and 3 and Reilly played with a lot more confidence as the game went on . I would leave him in .

That's because there were four coincidental penalties pretty much all in the 2nd period so lots of 4 on 4 time with open ice and then after the Caps went up 3-2 they completely stopped forechecking and just sat back and tried to clog the neutral zone. That meant Reilly had a lot more time and space to operate. Have to think the Caps won't let their foot off the gas that much again in regards to their forecheck.

I have zero faith in Reilly defensively. I think he should take a seat.

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
Fantastic reference. Well done.

Kuznetsov is done in DC. Won't be surprised if he retires and goes back to Russia

An Alexander Semin like fall for him. He was arguably their best forward 3 years ago.

There was a clip from Behind the B when the Bruins were playing the Capitals recently and Marchand says “You used to be good, what happened to you?” to someone. I couldn’t for sure see who he was directing it to but it looked like Kuznetsov to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad