Post-Game Talk: EDSF Game 2 - B's tie up the series - BRUINS 4 Washington 3 F/OT

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
I would love to see the Bruins acquire a big hitter with size and some offensive ability this offseason. Need to install some fear in the other team which also help the confidence of the Bruins players

Ritchie needs to be MEANER. I'm watching all his fights I can find and, so far, I'm not sure he lost ANY? Hoping one of your players had a shorter fuse may not be a good idea, but I wish he had Looch's disposition.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
It was a bad pinch -- a mistake. However if you think Miller has "bad awareness" I think you are wrong. His problem last night IMO was he was dealing with pain from slamming his knee into boards going for a big hit in the first. However, he manned up and made it out in the second onwards to save us playing with 5 D. Impacted his game, but sometimes you need a warrior to step in and play even if he's not 100%.

It was just like the two or three games before he was out for a stretch during regular season. When he's hurting he's off. And if you ask me? If Kevan Miller is hurting, most NHL'ers would be out.

In my view, without Kevan Miller playing like he did at the start of the season this team struggles significantly to be in playoffs -- which would have course make his bad pinch last night irrelevant.

Hear, hear!

I can see that in one sense his long layoff actually helped, when he is free from pain he looks like a completely different player out there. I think his puck handling is much improved, he used to handle it like it was a live grenade 99% of the time. His decision making is better but obviously he's not going to become another McAvoy in that respect at this point in his career. Finally his presence has helped the kids a lot, they play a much calmer game when Uncle Killer is around.

Bottom line: the Bruins are much better with him in the lineup.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Ritchie needs to be MEANER. I'm watching all his fights I can find and, so far, I'm not sure he lost ANY? Hoping one of your players had a shorter fuse may not be a good idea, but I wish he had Looch's disposition.

I suspect that disposition is likely helped by having fans in the stands. I think we might see a meaner streak next season.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I give the guy high praise for fighting the pain but come on he has been awful the first two games regardless. He needs to sit tomorrow, rest up come back strong for game 4
Agreed he was not good at all when he was playing hurt, coughed up and bobbled the puck a lot. His guy also scored the winning goal in the 1st game. Ovie dropped him twice in the 1st game with no fight back, I wanted to see him get Ovie back. He needs to sit a game and heal up, these games are 2 days apart. His knees may not be up to it. Tinordi can do what he does. Keep Cliffy in, he was better and made Ovie pay. Game 4 bring Miller back sit Reilly and run with all 3 hitters Cliffy, Miller and Tinordi. start making them pay in our end.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
No Clifton?

We may see 7 defensemen in one of these games, especially if they keep Miller in the mix.

I would have no problem with that as long as they have a 4th line available. I feel as though Clifton could take a strong shift or two at 4RW if needed.

I have no problem with it either . When you consider Miller's health. What D you can actually use on the PK ? Washington has a very strong PP and you certainly need Lauzon , Miller and Carlo for the PK

Reactions: Gordoff

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

I dont think hes the guy to depend on for that element. having Lucic and McQuaid in this series would be great

Reactions: BosBruin2k

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
With so many of the goals against the B's being deflections and screens through traffic, I think we need to insert a more skilled D-man... and that skill is clearing the front of the net.

I would put in Tinordi, maybe over Reilly, and get some extra muscle out there.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I dont think hes the guy to depend on for that element. having Lucic and McQuaid in this series would be great
I agree with you that he's not naturally a guy with that mean element, but I don't think it's too much to expect him to ramp it up a bit for playoff hockey. He needs to be a bit more urgent forechecking and make sure he punishes the dmen every dump in - he doesn't need to be a mean person to do that.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
With so many of the goals against the B's being deflections and screens through traffic, I think we need to insert a more skilled D-man... and that skill is clearing the front of the net.

I would put in Tinordi, maybe over Reilly, and get some extra muscle out there.
Sometimes in the playoffs I feel like Bruce/Sweeney/the Bruins worry too much about having a balanced lineup out there rather than putting guys who's style fits best for the opponent. I know they gave up an asset to get Reilly, but clearly he is having some trouble right now. I don't think there is anything wrong with putting in Tinordi or Lauzon (if healthy) for Reilly and resting him for a series that may be more suited to his play style or until another injury pops up.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Sometimes in the playoffs I feel like Bruce/Sweeney/the Bruins worry too much about having a balanced lineup out there rather than putting guys who's style fits best for the opponent. I know they gave up an asset to get Reilly, but clearly he is having some trouble right now. I don't think there is anything wrong with putting in Tinordi or Lauzon (if healthy) for Reilly and resting him for a series that may be more suited to his play style or until another injury pops up.

Excellent point.

Reactions: rfournier103

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Based on the grueling regular season schedule and now the PO schedule, the winner of the Cup may be the last man standing.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
I think Lauzon has a hand injury from getting hit with the puck in game 1. He is probably our best all around defence man after MacAvoy so I'm guessing if he was good to go he would be playing!

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I would love to see the Bruins acquire a big hitter with size and some offensive ability this offseason.

Need to install some fear in the other team which also help the confidence of the Bruins players
You don’t say.

Players like that are plentiful and should be easy to get for short money. Kinda shocked the Bruins don’t have two or three of those already.

Just messing with you, buddy. Seriously, though, I wholeheartedly agree on both points.

Last edited:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
this is the linep i want to see wed.
1. get pasta some goals. try him with krejci for a game.
marchy bergy smith
hall krejci pasta
debrusk coyle lazar
ritchie kuraly wagner

defense. depending on injuries. cliffy cant come out. i would sit miller a game for tinordi

gryz mcavoy
rielly carlo
tinordi clifton

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Hear, hear!

I can see that in one sense his long layoff actually helped, when he is free from pain he looks like a completely different player out there. I think his puck handling is much improved, he used to handle it like it was a live grenade 99% of the time. His decision making is better but obviously he's not going to become another McAvoy in that respect at this point in his career. Finally his presence has helped the kids a lot, they play a much calmer game when Uncle Killer is around.

Bottom line: the Bruins are much better with him in the lineup.

Really, like when he was out in 2019 and we went to the Cup Final??? The Bruins have never made it past the 2nd round with him in the lineup. He still handles it like a grenade, his puck unforced turnovers continue to be a problem. He also still skates it around the offensive zone to nowhere wasting top-line shifts by not simply giving it up to skill players. What was he doing on the Hathaway goal, coasting in late while Debrusk and Griz are sprawled out trying to bail him out for his dumb pinch attempt in the neutral zone.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
He stops skating a few strides away and glides into him. Similar to Krug's end to ender in the Finals against the Blues.

IMO, I dislike Wilson..but players have to be aware when he's on the ice. Yes, he skated across the entire ice and it could've been called...but it wasn't malicious.

K.Miller is the only guy that engages this guy...we need Ritchie to do the same.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad