Post-Game Talk: EDSF Game 2 - B's tie up the series - BRUINS 4 Washington 3 F/OT

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Im telling you Anderson has been pretty good. He plays well against us.
Id even go as far as saying we'd be up 2 games to 0 if Vanecek never got injured.

So hard to say the what ifs, maybe we would be down 2-0.
No one knows, other then the parallel universe people that live in the world where Vanecek never got hurt.

The partial dream is to split the series when you are not on home ice to start, so the Bruins did well.

The LWers are on fire and hopefully they stay that way.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Ooh man I don't think I can remember who they were playing, but it was a total shit season and they were up by a goal or two and slack assing it. Tanabe was on camera saying "let em sleep" to one of his teammates about their opponent and they ended up getting beat again.

Yes.

I remember it as him saying --- " I didn't want to wake him up" --- in reference to not retaliating for a dirty hit.

Could be wrong, of course as it was 15 years ago.

Reactions: Gordoff

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
What game are you watching a disaster in his own end . Zero hits , an even Player for the game while his partner was a plus 4. Great pass on the wining goal but with out that pass not a strong game for him

The problems with this D corp. are

1) The drop off from McAvoy to Carlo, Gryz and Lauzon.
None of them are remotely a #2 and Carlo is a defensive #3. Gryz and Lauzon are both #4 to me.

2) The youth of the D where McAvoy is 23, Lauzon 23/24, Carlo is 24 and Gryz is the oldest at 27.

3) Lack of physicality of Reilly, Grz and Carlo.
makes it easier than it should be on opposing forwards.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
So hard to say the what ifs, maybe we would be down 2-0.
No one knows, other then the parallel universe people that live in the world where Vanecek never got hurt.

The partial dream is to split the series when you are not on home ice to start, so the Bruins did well.

The LWers are on fire and hopefully they stay that way.

Washington is banged up and even with the Boston D
corp not being a strong suit the B's should win the series.

Ovechkin and especially Backstrom looked pedestrian.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I would.

There are times this season Wagner looks completely cooked. He didn't accomplish much the first two games and his line was pretty ineffective last night. I don't see any reason to get married to Kuraly-Lazar-Wagner at this juncture.

The right side of Washington's D is where their size
and meaness is with Dillon and Chara. I would prefer
they put Kuraly at C and Lazar at RW with Frederick.
Khulman will get snuffed out. Use him against the
Toronto or Colorado types.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The right side of Washington's D is where their size
and meaness is with Dillon and Chara. I would prefer
they put Kuraly at C and Lazar at RW with Frederick.
Khulman will get snuffed out. Use him against the
Toronto or Colorado types.

I'd prefer your suggestion actually. As long as Frederic keeps his composure and picks his spots better here in a playoff game where you can't afford a stupid retaliatory penalty.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
so Kuznetsov is headed for a Mike Richards/Jarret Stoll retirement, right? That's kind of the impression I got from listening to Morning Bru and Alan May's summary of how inconsistent & frustrating he has been.
I don’t think he’s headed there just yet. He’s got 4 years left with a big $7.8 cap hit, that’s a lot of money to leave on the table. He’ll get moved in the off season I think, there will be teams that think he’s worth trying to get him refocused.

Reactions: inactive user

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Our top 9 are out-corsiing Washington badly, and that's with Laviolette having the last change. Now that Cassidy can line match, watch out.

I think Washington is more banged up or in less than
optimum conditioning than people think.

Ovechkin looked exactly like a guy coming back
from an extended layoff. Went on pure
adrenaline (or whatever) G1 and looked
lethargic G2. He was sucking wind even G1.
Clifton hit him hard and almost knocked him on his ass.

Carlson was hurt also and isn't playing very well.
If Kuznetsov and Eller don't play G3, Boston
has no excuses to not post a W tomorrow.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I prefer keeping him on line 3 and shortening line 4's minutes now.

He gets great matchups while he's on 3. I'd be very reluctant to hurt that balance now. Genuinely I wasn't expecting Coyle to plat C again this fast. Pleasant surprise that he got his head back out of his ass just in time for these big games.

Hated Ritchie's game yesterday. Guy is so slow
it drives me up a wall. Was hitting like Shawn Thornton to boot...lol.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Great win B's fans (my dad is a big Bruins fan) he tells me we will really like Riley Nash in the playoffs, he seemed to do a great job against us last year with the Jackets.

As a fanbase that is more familiar with him should we be excited for him? I know he is strong defensively, but does he give much more?

May 29, 2013
I thought Debrusk and Coyle played really well last night. Unimpressed with Krecji though the guy plays like he's made of glass. If he's re-signed i'd pay him half of what he's making now for 2 yrs only. There isn't a whole lot of open ice in playoff hockey and i'd like a strong 2nd center that can grind.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I thought Debrusk and Coyle played really well last night. Unimpressed with Krecji though the guy plays like he's made of glass. If he's re-signed i'd pay him half of what he's making now for 2 yrs only. There isn't a whole lot of open ice in playoff hockey and i'd like a strong 2nd center that can grind.

Krejci was set up by Smith in P3 for what should have been a goal and put it right into Anderson.

Right before Ovechkin crushed him Dillon chased down at Caps blueline and tossed him took puck and broke down ice for offensive chance. Then Ovechkin tried
to kill him.

His only good plays that have stood out were last nights keep in on the OT winner and a nice deft pass to Smith in G1 in a 5 on 5 situation.

Coyle's game last night was better than either of Krejci's
games. Needs to step up at home.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Great win B's fans (my dad is a big Bruins fan) he tells me we will really like Riley Nash in the playoffs, he seemed to do a great job against us last year with the Jackets.

As a fanbase that is more familiar with him should we be excited for him? I know he is strong defensively, but does he give much more?

Good in his own end, at the dot, on the PK but he's not primarily out there to score. Essentially a good defensive 4th line center that probably won't score a lot but helps keep the puck out of his own net.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
The problems with this D corp. are

1) The drop off from McAvoy to Carlo, Gryz and Lauzon.
None of them are remotely a #2 and Carlo is a defensive #3. Gryz and Lauzon are both #4 to me.

2) The youth of the D where McAvoy is 23, Lauzon 23/24, Carlo is 24 and Gryz is the oldest at 27.

3) Lack of physicality of Reilly, Grz and Carlo.
makes it easier than it should be on opposing forwards.

Totally agree with your post. Carlo did have some hits last night not punishing but hits. You never mentioned Miller I would call him a 5 or 6. As a poster that was not in favor of the Miller signing ,I have to say I am pleased and appreciative of what he has been able to provide this season

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

As long as you don't expect much from him offensively you should be happy with his game. Good guy to have out there taking important defensive zone faceoffs and killing penalties......and that's about it. :nod:

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Good in his own end, at the dot, on the PK but he's not primarily out there to score. Essentially a good defensive 4th line center that probably won't score a lot but helps keep the puck out of his own net.

He wasn't good for the B's in the playoffs. Took stupid penalties, one included punching Bobby Ryan in the face. I believe he has been better since he left Boston as he didn't have much playoff experience before he came to the B's.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
so Kuznetsov is headed for a Mike Richards/Jarret Stoll retirement, right? That's kind of the impression I got from listening to Morning Bru and Alan May's summary of how inconsistent & frustrating he has been.

Didn't Richards and Stoll have something else in common with Kuznetsov? It's right under my nose but I can't seem to sniff at it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00