Ehlers-McDavid-Rattie
RNH-Little-Yamamoto
Caggiula - Strome - Vesalainen
Rieder - Khaira - Kassian

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Benning
Russell - Myers
Boussard

Swap of 2 bad contracts in Lucic/Little. Little with more value obviously and will help Edmontons C-troubles. Ehlers+McDavid would be a speedy pair to watch. Laine gets his C in Drai. Edmonton get a D in Myers and promising winger in Vesalainen. Niku will be brought up to 3rd pairing for Winnipeg. I actually like both teams better on paper atleast than what they got now. How does this trade look? Many piesces involved but you never know… :D

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
No dice from Edmonton. Myers is a pending UFA and I can’t think of a reason we’d want Little. Ehlers is a nice piece but we don’t need to ‘get McDavid a winger’ which is basically what this boils down to.

I doubt the Jets would do this either, as bad as some of their fans want Draisaitl.

Who the hell is Boussard?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Have to agree with C.O. Myers is a pending UFA which makes him of no interest to Edmonton. Edmonton is in NO position to take on anyone else's cap dumps, even when giving up Lucic.

Reactions: 780il

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
No from Winnipeg. Little's contract is a going rate contract. Lucic's contract is a bad, poison pill contract in a true, historic sense. Edmonton would have to add more incentive for the Jets to bail them out on that contract.

Reactions: Flyerfan52

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
expansion draft is when? 2020-2021? Little's NMC expires then and Lucic still has it for one more year as well thus occupying a protection slot, something to consider too.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
expansion draft is when? 2020-2021? Little's NMC expires then and Lucic still has it for one more year as well thus occupying a protection slot, something to consider too.

All that would mean to me is that whichever team he’s on has to buy him out. Zero chance anyone burns a protection spot on him.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
All that would mean to me is that whichever team he’s on has to buy him out. Zero chance anyone burns a protection spot on him.

If Lucic waives for a trade does that new team have to honor his NMC? Just curious what the CBA states.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I doubt that this offer moves the needle much for Winnipeg.

Draisaitl is a nice piece and a good winger, but he's a bit over paid. Having to honor Lucic's contract is going to kill any deal unless there's a major incentive to take it, I don't see that here. I'm not all that sold on Poolparty who has struggled in both the NHL and AHL in his career and looks like he needs more farm time right now.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
If Lucic waives for a trade does that new team have to honor his NMC? Just curious what the CBA states.

I’m not an expert on that but pretty sure that’s contract specific. Some become invalidated, others don’t.

Again definitely not an expert so grain of salt and all...

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
No bueno. We add cap that we dont have. Myers walks this year cause we cant sign him cause we added more cap we dont have. Little is a cap dump. Lucic at least costs only 4 mil a year after July 1 so if we retain a mil some team that doesnt spend to the cap may take him at 3 mil real money per. So its Puljujarvi vs Vesalainen. Dont think we are ready to give up on Jesse. And then its Drai vs Ehlers which we've been waiting for a big Center since Weight and Arnott

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Both teams are struggling due to bad coaching and bad chemistry. Blockbuster:

Edmonton get:

-Ehlers 6M
-Myers 5,5M
-Little 5,291
-Vesalainen ELC

Winnipeg get:

-Draisaitl 8,5M
-Lucic 6M
-Puljujärvi 0.975

Winnipeg after trade:

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perrault-Draisaitl-Laine
Lucic -Roslovic -Puljujärvi
Copp -Lowry- Tanev/Dano

Morrissey -Trouba
Kulikov -Bufyglien
Morrow- Niku
Chiarot

Edmonton after trade:

Ehlers-McDavid-Rattie
RNH-Little-Yamamoto
Caggiula - Strome - Vesalainen
Rieder - Khaira - Kassian

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Benning
Russell - Myers
Boussard

Swap of 2 bad contracts in Lucic/Little. Little with more value obviously and will help Edmontons C-troubles. Ehlers+McDavid would be a speedy pair to watch. Laine gets his C in Drai. Edmonton get a D in Myers and promising winger in Vesalainen. Niku will be brought up to 3rd pairing for Winnipeg. I actually like both teams better on paper atleast than what they got now. How does this trade look? Many piesces involved but you never know… :D

Benning ahead of Myers ? Benning should be launched on the next space X rocket . He can be the new rocket man .

Reactions: 780il

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
No dice from Edmonton. Myers is a pending UFA and I can’t think of a reason we’d want Little. Ehlers is a nice piece but we don’t need to ‘get McDavid a winger’ which is basically what this boils down to.

I doubt the Jets would do this either, as bad as some of their fans want Draisaitl.

Who the hell is Boussard?
This

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad