Pre-Game Talk: Edmonton v Columbus Tuesday 5PM Mtn

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Man I used to ravage Ben Eager. A case of a player that was pathetic on and off the ice. "Just what we need" and "promise me you'll love this player" were all the usual comments. Which used to precede almost any garbage player the org airlifted in for years. Depressingly, under Chia its returned to that and we have to look at guys like Malone, Strome, Walker because according to Chia "no cavalry are coming" No guns either..
I remember Leaf fans telling us that we'd love Mark Fraser... Every single player we signed or traded for was a huge dud.

Looking at these lineups is like watching Mr Bean try to hide all the steak tartar under the plates and cups and such. You just can't hide this much substandard players in a lineup. Its a lineup full of fill in X's.

FoolhardyBraveGordonsetter-max-1mb.gif

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
I mean is anyone really excited for this game? Why not have some fun with it?

Also the CBJ board hates us for some reason.

I'm not so sure about that. You just looking at the GDT? The current posts are pretty typical and tend to be the same for every GDT regardless of the opponent.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Oilers in Columbus usually equals a loss. Not feeling good about tonight.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Ben Eager, now that brings back memories. Toughest guy in the league or some nonsense.

Wasn't he the guy who got flashed in the Vancouver penalty box during the playoffs?

Yup. I remember watching it live on HNIC and saying WTF did that just happen! Better than the annoying Green Men anyways. Pretty sure you’d be able to find it on YouTube.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'm not so sure about that. You just looking at the GDT? The current posts are pretty typical and tend to be the same for every GDT regardless of the opponent.

Least you get to cheer for a good team now. You have always been a good poster, enjoy the game, try not to let the cannon fire too much we got a back up in net that gets spooked anytime a shot gets by him.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
You been around long enough to remember "Target Edmonton"? That thread stirred up some controversy for a couple of seasons it seemed.
I've blocked out a lot of things Oilers-related... I hope you understand.

And please don't light up Croissant too much.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Although if Pittsburgh falls out of the playoffs I worry we could have a real lottery competitor for the next generational prospect (Dahlin).

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
"Our PP sucks and I should be taken off it."

- Mark Letestu, played by Jim Carrey, in "Liar, Liar"

But if you take Letestu off the PP, his *bread and butter* he sucks even more. This is among the worst EV Centers I've seen here. Belanger bad. Basically if you're on a Letestu centered line you ain't getting jack for passes.

I feel that letestu being an ex jacket is mocking my pain. Maybe they could have him back?

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Your PP should have fun today, given how our backup goalie reacts to incoming point shots.

8HNDzNf.gif

Maroon; Guys, whatever you do, don't cry out in a firefight, if hit or lost just stay down and we'll try to find you.

Brossoit; Frag!!!!, I'm hit, I'm hit, wheres my leg, I can't feel my leg.

Kassian; You were sitting on it, its gone to sleep.

Brossoit; My mask, wheres my mask, oh I'm cut, I'm cut, arrggggghhhh

Lucic; STFU, take the pain, TAKE THE PAAAANNNAARRRIIIINNNN!

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
But if you take Letestu off the PP, his *bread and butter* he sucks even more. This is among the worst EV Centers I've seen here. Belanger bad. Basically if you're on a Letestu centered line you ain't getting jack for passes.

I feel that letestu being an ex jacket is mocking my pain. Maybe they could have him back?
You just know he's going to get traded to a playoff team and win a Cup.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You just know he's going to get traded to a playoff team and win a Cup.

With that stupid "I do nothing all game but get paid" sloppy, shit eating grin.

man, we've seen a lot of those here.

I keep looking at his age wanting him to retire. To think that it only gets worse from here. I'm scared to look at the contract, how many more years?

ps, oh, and I hate Swiss army knifes. A tool that can do many things and does nothing well...

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Honestly at this point I'd shut him and Sekera down for the season. And yes I know Sekera hasn't played yet but why risk injury.

That's ridiculous. If they are medically cleared, they should play. No need to rush either though, make sure they are 100% before returning.

I know that a lot of the fanbase has thrown in the towel on the season and it's probably justified but that doesn't mean management and the coaches should.

I really have no expectations for tonight and I have no idea what to expect. I just hope to be entertained either way.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The Oilers will... but with our luck, Brossoit will let in a bunch of floaters tonight and its game over.

LB hasnt been that bad. Certainly not bad enough for this team to overcome.

In any event I would like to see him steal a game...he owes that to the team IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad