Pre-Game Talk: Edmonton v Columbus Tuesday 5PM Mtn

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Jackets are a much improved team. 4 fast lines that can all score, a very solid D and one of the best goalies in the league.

Their pp sucks tho, worst in the league going against the worst pk in the league.

The resistable force meets the moveabal object.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If we get Sekera back only to find out Larsson is out long term....

At least it might give our anemic PP a jolt. The way Nurse has stepped up it might be able to camoflauge it easier than the Sekera loss. But yeah, not good either way.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Honestly at this point I'd shut him and Sekera down for the season. And yes I know Sekera hasn't played yet but why risk injury.

Makes no sense. Sekera is taking part in 100% practice and is two weeks out roughly.

If Larssons back is whacked, that might be a problem. No point going full shut down mode unless reaggravating it requires surgery.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Because healthy players should play?

If this is your attitude we might as well scratch everyone and send out the Condors lineup.
Because you can't just shut down a player if they are medically good to play?
The difference between actually healthy and "Oilers healthy" has been a very blurry line for quite some time. Don't need to rush either one. If they have nagging injuries then let them heal.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The difference between actually healthy and "Oilers healthy" has been a very blurry line for quite some time. Don't need to rush either one. If they have nagging injuries then let them heal.

Sekera does not have a nagging injury.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Ahh the good old tin foil hat theories are back.

Player comes back when they were predicted to "OILERS ARE RUSHING THEM".

Player comes back late "CLEARLY SOMETHING WORSE IS WRONG, THEY ARE RUSHING THEM BACK!!"

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet

So basically your position is 'The Oilers medical staff say Sekera is healthy, but he actually isn't and I base that on absolutely nothing.'

You'll have to forgive me for disregarding that position.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Ahh the good old tin foil hat theories are back.

Player comes back when they were predicted to "OILERS ARE RUSHING THEM".

Player comes back late "CLEARLY SOMETHING WORSE IS WRONG, THEY ARE RUSHING THEM BACK!!"
So basically your position is 'The Oilers medical staff say Sekera is healthy, but he actually isn't and I base that on absolutely nothing.'

You'll have to forgive me for disregarding that position.
Well I mean we keep playing Gryba for some reason. I was under the impression that we are tanking this season.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
An opportunity tonight for our pk to reach an all new low.

Man this team is like a box of chocolates.

Will they come out and play hard?
Will they play that dopey disinterested game the eastern teams suck them into?
Will the goaltending have one of its patended bed crapping games with a .800 save percentage?
Will they take control of the game and deserve a solid win only to crap it down the toilet with 5-10 mins left in the third?
Will they decide like so many other nights that the first 10 minutes of the game doesn't count. Take a Pejorative Slured penalty in the first couple of minutes.

Play like they did on the weekend and they're in good shape. They've lost the luxury of putting up stinkers. There's no excuses to not be playing their asses off.

Reactions: Night Witch

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Honestly at this point I'd shut him and Sekera down for the season. And yes I know Sekera hasn't played yet but why risk injury.

WTF? Not sure if this is a serious post or not?:huh::help::thumbd:

Yes, the season is lost, so let's shut down McDavid too because he has been weakend by the flu bug, and there's no sense risking the rest of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad