Pre-Game Talk: Edmonton v Columbus Tuesday 5PM Mtn

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Haven't done one before and didn't see one so if I am stepping on someones toes my apologies. Wanted to chat about the upcoming game v Columbus Tuesday night.

I still have no idea which team is going to show up, but we've had two good efforts in a row team wide so I am expecting nothing less than that Tuesday.

We are going up against arguably the best goaltender in the league tomorrow, not a backup so pucks need to go in (obviously). Columbus has been playing stingy hockey and they have a great work ethic as any team would coached by Tortorella. Well Vancouver didn't but that is on Vancouver.

Not sure if there will be any line juggling but I would not be surprised to see one or both of Walker and/or Slepyshev get put in in place of Cagguila and/or Cammelleri. Please God do not let Gryba anywhere near the ice.

I expect Croissant will be in net given he just played a back to back. Lets hope he smokes a big gagger pre-game so he is somewhat calmer in the net, it cant hurt. We should do a pool on the period and time of game Croissant lets in the gift goal because you know its coming. Winner gets a GC from Cobs Bakery for a dozen croissants.

It will be a tough game to eek out points from but we really do not have any choice.

Just. Win.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Columbus's power play is only 9.4% but I have a feeling it will look miles better than Woodcroft's.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
I’ve really liked the effort level shown the last two games. If the Oilers are ready to play when the whistle blows they could make a game of it.

Never been a fan of the BlowJackets, but i’ll admit their team has been really good the past two seasons.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
@Night Witch ..OP.. cast a spell for a win.. Please.

I will put a hex on the Columbus defence to part like the Red Sea when McJesus comes barreling down Main Street and McJesus will score many goals.

I will put many pins in the Panarin voodoo doll to make him shoot wide and Panarin will not score any goals.

I have cursed Bobrovsky so he will see the puck as the size of a penny and 5 pucks will get through.

I have blessed Croissant so he will see the puck as the size of a beach ball. But I am afraid he will still let in 4....

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Defense has been fine the last 2 games which means McClellan will swap a good dman for gryba cause sense

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Play hard like they did last game and I can accept losing because we're just not good enough. Though I think we can take this team if we work as hard as them.

Unfortunately it's time for their 1 in 3 stinker. But they may reserve that for their 1st game back from road trip game which is always a guaranteed turd.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Defense has been fine the last 2 games which means McClellan will swap a good dman for gryba cause sense
Gryba is a good guy and he scares the opposition with his toughness. Hes so good at his job he even intimidates his own team when he handles the puck in his own end.

Reactions: McNuge

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
We had 2 good efforts in a row and only 1 win so I am expecting a very sulky Oil tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese