Proposal: Edmonton - Toronto

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Since Matthews refuse to sign with Leafs, Drai for matthews, you get a center who is already signed and with good size...

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
If the Leafs acquired Yakupov it would be interesting seeing his stocks skyrocket in HFBoards in just one night close to the original value of 1st overall. :laugh:

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I think the OP is a lowball offer for Yak. I would be willing to put Bozak on the table for Yak + a 3rd.

The Leafs are deep amongst prospects on the wing, but they're not a sure thing and taking a gamble on Yak seems like the right move for the rebuilding Leafs. If Babcock can't get him going, he'll probably be in the KHL in a year. If he can Yak could be Matthews linemate for the next 10 years.

Leafs fans may balk at removing a pretty good middle six center because he provides quality depth at the position. But, this allows Nylander to hit middle ice right away. He can split time switching between center and wing with Peter Holland.

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
Yak doesn't make sense to me with Babcock coaching the leafs. Babcocks defensive style would eat yak up. Yaks unfortunately was thrust into the spotlight to early and I don't think he will ever fully recover. Personally i have been wondering now for a year or so how long it is before he signs in the KHL.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Since Matthews refuse to sign with Leafs, Drai for matthews, you get a center who is already signed and with good size...

Drai would be redundant because we already have Bozak who is better now and in the future, guaranteed. And is also bigger.

See, I can make **** up too.

If the Leafs acquired Yakupov it would be interesting seeing his stocks skyrocket in HFBoards in just one night close to the original value of 1st overall. :laugh:

Yup, because that's the MO of Leafs fans, totally. :shakehead

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Drai would be redundant because we already have Bozak who is better now and in the future, guaranteed. And is also bigger.

See, I can make **** up too.

Yup, because that's the MO of Leafs fans, totally. :shakehead
If you mean overrating prospects then yes it is *cough* Marner, Nylander, Gauthier *cough*

Call me when 30 year old Bozak cracks 50 points like that 20 year old kid just did.
Oh, the poster you quoted didn't actually make anything up. You just proved the MO of Leaf fans though

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
To Toronto: Yakupov

To Edmonton: Corrado + 4th.

Oilers get a decent bottom pairing RHD + a pick while the leafs get a nice shot at a reclamation project.

Some day you should check out how many solid winger prospects Toronto has. I think you'll be amazed by the number. Maybe even enough to knock these pointless proposals off.

buttman*

Yak is more of a distraction to a young rebuilding team at this point. Wouldn't want him. Might turn out to be good but he's leaning towards bust. Leafs are best served to avoid the circus.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
Yakupov needs a change of scenery, just not sure that Toronto is the place for him to go.
this...
not quite sure that TOR/NYR/MTL is the place to be for a youngster that needs a change.

The places listed above are to hard on their teams to have that kind of situation

MacerV

Jul 10, 2015

That'd be like McDavid holding out and us being like...hey, we'll trade you Nylander.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
If you mean overrating prospects then yes it is *cough* Marner, Nylander, Gauthier *cough*

Call me when 30 year old Bozak cracks 50 points like that 20 year old kid just did.
Oh, the poster you quoted didn't actually make anything up. You just proved the MO of Leaf fans though

Nope, I mean it as a complete and utter fabrication, an intended one. Had it instead been a fabrication resulting from ignorance then I'd simply be mimicking you.

But it's not nice to make fun of people with developmental issues. So a offer you a juice box and a thumbs up instead.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Yak isn't a 1st overall.. he is a 30 point third line forward. If I was edm, I'd stick him to mcdavid and trade when you get a good offer for him

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
LOL yeah because Corrado and a 4th is way too good of a package to waste on a former 1st overall who may just need a change of scenery. Get a grip, Leafs take this and run. Edmonton hangs up laughing.

and edmonton waits for the best 3rd rd pick to come along, maybe even a late 2nd?

get real

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

one of the guys you listed has 77 pts in 75 ahl games while being junior eligible. hell he could still play juniors. the other just won every award possible. overrated? lol. just because yak is a bust no need to drag the leafs prospects through the mud before getting a fair shake.

also absolutely no one overrates gauthier. we have him as a future 4C. now you are reaching and its embarrassing

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

nope. Matthews is already better than neon leon. leafs wouldnt do that deal even if you tossed in poolparty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad