Proposal: Edmonton - Toronto

Mad Brills*

yeah lets trade a RHD when that's where we are weak and have no depth. If your going to make proposals for the leafs maybe you know hit their needs. Like trading for a RHD or a back up goalie. Just a thought.

Corrado can be easily replaced.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Oilers have a full D prospect pipeline (Nurse and Reinhart will start in the AHL) and no room on the bottom-pair.

It's obvious the OP gave ZERO THOUGHT to Oilers needs and is just random throwing spaghetti at the wall like a toddler.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
No need to replace him if you don't trade for what we have plenty of and is low priority.

If Yak plays like he has for the last few years, then yes we have plenty of that and no need for him. But.....he's still young enough that his elite potential means something so it's worth taking a chance on if all you're giving up is Corrado and a 4th. If it doesn't work out then who cares because you gave up next to nothing. Reward far outweighs the risk here; I can't believe any Leaf fan would have to think twice about this one.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Yakupov is certainly available, but not for fringe NHL'ers and mid round picks. If that's all he could garner in trade, we'll keep him and try to reclaim him ourselves.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Why does Toronto need a forward? We already have a glut of prospects on their way up.

I'd rather open up a spot for Brown/Kapanen.. This proposal fails to consider organizational need. Brown is our most under-rated prospect..

It has nothing to do with Corrado
well with him being a former first overall pick I would take him over any winger we have not named Marner. If all you are giving up is corrado and a 4th I'd do that every day of the week and twice in Sunday's. Imagine if the kid ever hit his potential.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
To Toronto: Yakupov

To Edmonton: Corrado + 4th.

Oilers get a decent bottom pairing RHD + a pick while the leafs get a nice shot at a reclamation project.
They'll be 28 other teams that will make a better offer than this. GM's aren't HF babies who will comment with "nah my AHL guys, and mid-late round picks are better than that bust" crap I'm sure will follow your post.
Oilers pass because Mark Fayne is a better bottom pairing RHD that theyre stuck with

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Mad Brills strikes again.

A defenseman who won't crack our lineup for an asset we don't need.

...oh...forgot about the 4th.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
well with him being a former first overall pick I would take him over any winger we have not named Marner. If all you are giving up is corrado and a 4th I'd do that every day of the week and twice in Sunday's. Imagine if the kid ever hit his potential.
So much wrong with this, he has had 4 NHL seasons and has hardly put up more than 25 points a season. Hell brown put up 1/4 of the points Yak did in his 7 game stint last year. I would take alot of the leafs wingers over yak any day.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I'm completely fine with keeping Yak and seeing if he can finally establish himself. I think Hall getting shipped out could be big for him in a number of ways - both increased opportunity and a better locker room environment. I'm not trying to make Hall sound like Evander Kane, but one of Andrew Ference's first criticisms of the team was how the locker room operated - there were cliques as opposed to a team concept. Taylor Hall was very much an Alpha dog and Nail Yakupov was the runt of the litter, a Russian Muslim trying to fit in with the Western Canadian kids. It was evident after watching Oilers TV specials like "how well do you know your teammate" and Hall, Ebs, Nuge and Schultz were all clearly good buddies, but when it came to Yak, they didn't know a single thing about him.

I know this is a long winded diatribe to come to this conclusion, but I think Yak puts up 25 goals next year playing with Drai and Pouliot. Nobody will benefit more from the change in culture. Trading Hall was the change in scenery Yak needed.

Now whether he can ever learn to even be average defensively is another question entirely.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Yakupov is certainly available, but not for fringe NHL'ers and mid round picks. If that's all he could garner in trade, we'll keep him and try to reclaim him ourselves.

There comes a point, when you hope a player like Yak moves on, just for the chance to restart his career, and make something of himself. My personal opinion, is that that reclamation is best somewhere else.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
What is it with Toronto fans thinking their depth trash is worth anyting? Every team has a Holland, a Corrado etc etc. For years you tried to tell everyone Percy had value and I said he had zero, guess what, he had no value.
Corrado, Holland etc etc has no to little value, so just stop.....

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
There comes a point, when you hope a player like Yak moves on, just for the chance to restart his career, and make something of himself. My personal opinion, is that that reclamation is best somewhere else.

Maybe. But that doesn't mean we will give him away for parts that we don't need. Yak has been available I'm sure. But we certainly don't have to trade him. Part of me really hopes he gets played with Lucic and McDavid this year. Even if its just for part of the year to let him get his confidence back. Yakupov has his flaws, but has certainly shown that he can produce when given the chance to. No need to give up a player like that for beans at this point.

cbzblaze

Nov 26, 2015
Calgary
Doesn't matter if it's Toronto or not, just please trade Yak somewhere. He needs a change of scenery in the worst way

Trading away Hall and bringing in Lucic and Larsson is a change of scenery.

If he does get moved, it will be part of a bigger deal, not 1 for 1, not for picks.
No reason for oilers to move him for right now.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Maybe. But that doesn't mean we will give him away for parts that we don't need. Yak has been available I'm sure. But we certainly don't have to trade him. Part of me really hopes he gets played with Lucic and McDavid this year. Even if its just for part of the year to let him get his confidence back. Yakupov has his flaws, but has certainly shown that he can produce when given the chance to. No need to give up a player like that for beans at this point.

No, this proposed trade is terrible for you guys. Maybe not trading for peanuts, but then not a Kings ransom either.... sometimes is just best to do something good for the player. But I agree... try him with those two, see what happens... if it isn't working, please move the kid for his sake by the trade deadline.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
What is it with Toronto fans thinking their depth trash is worth anyting? Every team has a Holland, a Corrado etc etc. For years you tried to tell everyone Percy had value and I said he had zero, guess what, he had no value.

Ya and every team's fanbase tries to peddle these guys off in trades like they hold more value than they actually have. Don't act like this is a Toronto specific problem.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
No, this proposed trade is terrible for you guys. Maybe not trading for peanuts, but then not a Kings ransom either.... sometimes is just best to do something good for the player. But I agree... try him with those two, see what happens... if it isn't working, please move the kid for his sake by the trade deadline.

Honestly, I feel that if there were demand for him, he would have been moved already. There has to be a fit for the other team as well. As soon as another team decides that they need a middle six winger with huge potential but baggage, and is willing to make it worth our time trading him, I think he is gone.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Percy was drafted in the 1st round. Don't be foolish, at one pt he was looked at as an NHLer and had some value to our team. There are plenty of cases where a player drops off and gets nothing or excels his value. Stop generalizing the whole group of leaf fans, I can guarantee there is a strong number of your fans and players that has been overrated in hopes to gain some value.

I agree though. Most teams have Hollands and Corrados - it's on the development and eye of management to determine if they see anything more than bottom liners/AHLers.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I watched something like 50 Oilers games last year (for McDavid) but became a Nail fan in the process. I'd love to see him under Babcock and used as the trigger-man for Nylander. He has a ridiculous motor too.

I'd offer Kasperi Kapanen for Yakupov.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Yak for Lupul and a 2nd? Opens a spot on our top 6 for yakupov. Pretty sure Edmonton wouldn't do it.

You obviously never followed hockey until recently. Lupul's time with the Oilers was horror of all horrors... he played like Vince Carter in his final year on the Raptors.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00