News and Blog Report: Edmonton Sports Radio Thread - Part 5

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
What would be funny,is a weekly round table of Gregor-Ferraro-Spector.
3 know it all blowhards spazzing for a segment trying to act smarter than the other,LOL.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
What would be funny,is a weekly round table of Gregor-Ferraro-Spector.
3 know it all blowhards spazzing for a segment trying to act smarter than the other,LOL.

Too bad you could not add Stauffer.

Stauffer would be interrupting and asking long incomprehensible questions. Ferraro would say that he knew more than everyone else because he played in the NHL. Gregor would be telling everyone that they were wrong and that he predicted what would happen 2 years ago. He would also ask what movies everyone liked. Spector would tell dumb jokes and old Gateway stories.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Too bad you could not add Stauffer.

Stauffer would be interrupting and asking long incomprehensible questions. Ferraro would say that he knew more than everyone else because he played in the NHL. Gregor would be telling everyone that they were wrong and that he predicted what would happen 2 years ago. He would also ask what movies everyone liked. Spector would tell dumb jokes and old Gateway stories.

Ya, LOL Stauffer...long winded story,sounding like he has marbles in his mouth...once in awhile pause to say 'KAY......
then after a half hour of rambling, say,but I digress.

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
Lowetide has a face for radio, and a voice for print, he should stick to writing...spends too much time talking about my pillow, and fife and deckel than actual sports.
Some might include the Oilers among that which Lowetide spends too much airtime talking about rather than actual sports.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Some might include the Oilers among that which Lowetide spends too much airtime talking about rather than actual sports.
Turning into another Bryan Hall, where the ads he shilled and the smalltalk seemed more important than the content of the show.

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
Turning into another Bryan Hall, where the ads he shilled and the smalltalk seemed more important than the content of the show.

Given what most local radio personalities get paid, I say more power to them if they can supplement their income with commercial endorsements. As much as the ads annoy some listeners, selling commercial airtime has been a huge & lucrative part of Bryan Hall's career for 60+ years.

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Given what most local radio personalities get paid, I say more power to them if they can supplement their income with commercial endorsements. As much as the ads annoy some listeners, selling commercial airtime has been a huge & lucrative part of Bryan Hall's career for 60+ years.
When the ads appear to dominate the broadcast and can take literally minutes of time, it can tend to lose the listeners, not to mention, get irritating. But hey, if you enjoy that, to each his own.

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
When the ads appear to dominate the broadcast and can take literally minutes of time, it can tend to lose the listeners, not to mention, get irritating. But hey, if you enjoy that, to each his own.
Don't get me wrong. Understanding why radio broadcasters do the commercials and actually enjoying them are 2 very different things. Currently, nothing gets me to turn my radio off faster than the words, "Art & Jenny here...". Even less irritating ads like My Pillow get to be tiresome simply due to sheer repetition.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Are Bell Media's profits taking a huge kick in the old knackers? If they're not cutting jobs, they're cutting programming every other quarter it seems.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Dustin Nielson, I know you lurk here sometimes. My man. There HAS to be someone else in this entire city who can fill in for you other than Dan Tencer. Please. Dude. I beg you.
I don't mind Tencer. He used to be brash a few years ago, but I like his knowledge.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
The Dan Tencer playbook:
-arrogance
-mention his gf/wife on air
-talk about how everyone hates him and read some of the mean tweets about him on air (I've never sent him any. I just bitch about him here haha)

Reactions: McDynasty

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
This is thing, he doesn't have much, he just Sounds like he does, Tencer is dreadful
Nah. I can only speak to his CHED days because I haven’t heard him since he was fired, but he has a lot of hockey knowledge. If you thought Tencer was dreadful look at the snooze fest they have hosting the show now. When Rob Brown is on holidays or something (like last night) it’s utterly unlistenable radio.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Surprised nobody posted this but today Stauffer lost his bloody mind at a text - calling the guy a loser and to stop listening to his show, this after earlier in his show telling all listeners this same thing in general, that if you don’t like his show to stop listening.

The texter said he was tired of the repetition on Bobs show - revisiting every move Chiarelli made and bashing him for them and said it’s time to move on to what’s happening now rather bloviate over the past.

Seems the heat is getting to him and it was very unprofessional. I don’t agree with everything he has to say but as the Oilers “guy” the heats gonna come after yet another failed season.

edmoil3

Mar 26, 2010
Surprised nobody posted this but today Stauffer lost his bloody mind at a text - calling the guy a loser and to stop listening to his show, this after earlier in his show telling all listeners this same thing in general, that if you don’t like his show to stop listening.

The texter said he was tired of the repetition on Bobs show - revisiting every move Chiarelli made and bashing him for them and said it’s time to move on to what’s happening now rather bloviate over the past.

Seems the heat is getting to him and it was very unprofessional. I don’t agree with everything he has to say but as the Oilers “guy” the heats gonna come after yet another failed season.
You’re saying that like he deserves to catch the crap everyday for the old boys clubs failure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad