News and Blog Report: Edmonton Sports Radio Thread - Part 5

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
My favorite is Rob Brown. Intelligent, insightful and funny. Still brings out stories from the past now and again. Clearly the best on Edmonton Radio for me.
Forgot about him. Yes, for sure, he has an easy going nature and only says what he needs to say, without repeating himself again and again and making a one sentence reply instead of a 5 minute one. Something Kassian does all the time (the lengthy reply), and why I can't stand listening to him.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I cringe a lot when listening to Stauffer interview people, but I still tune into the Oilers show everyday, Stauffer kind of grows on you and he's become a lovable lug over the years. It's a shame the morning guys on 1260 are minus 1, I really enjoyed them and particularly enjoyed the comedy so early in the morning. Another thing I really like is Struddy on Gregor's show. I wish he still did the Oilers post game show. Glad he's back in some form.
I find Stauffer tries to force guys to think his way and I don't really like that.

Struds hands down is my favourite. Keeps Gregor in check, who if he dropped the attitude would be by far the best in Edmonton.

I liked Kassian too. Just any of those guys that actually know what happens behind the scenes to shut up hosts that pretend they know.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I cringe a lot when listening to Stauffer interview people, but I still tune into the Oilers show everyday, Stauffer kind of grows on you and he's become a lovable lug over the years. It's a shame the morning guys on 1260 are minus 1, I really enjoyed them and particularly enjoyed the comedy so early in the morning. Another thing I really like is Struddy on Gregor's show. I wish he still did the Oilers post game show. Glad he's back in some form.

If you want to win anything from Stauffer's trivia questions he usually blows it and gives you the answer in the question cause he'll talk about the guy just before he gives you the question then he'll say, "you know what, I just gave you the answer, if you were listening closely, I just gave you the answer, we'll take caller 10"

I can't stand the morning show whether Will Fraser is there or not. When they do talk NBA I want to hear actual NBA stuff, not how much Nielsen worships the ground Lebron James walks on. Give it a rest ya bandwagon jumper.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
When did Strudwick rejoin 1260? I only listen to Gregor once in a blue moon when I am on afternoon shifts. This week, I'm on afternoons and wanted to listen to his take on the Chiarelli interview from today. It was a pleasant surprise to hear Strudwick as co-host. I'll listen a lot more if he's with Gregor full time.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
When did Strudwick rejoin 1260? I only listen to Gregor once in a blue moon when I am on afternoon shifts. This week, I'm on afternoons and wanted to listen to his take on the Chiarelli interview from today. It was a pleasant surprise to hear Strudwick as co-host. I'll listen a lot more if he's with Gregor full time.
Lol him and Gregor roasted the shit out of Chia today.

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
Wow, that was close. I almost tripped on some slippery grass. Thank you Ad Standards Canada!

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This whole Oilers being bad just reminded me how the only sports media in town that doesn't have the sole intention of sucking the Oilers off is TSN. Stauffer and the journal think the coaches and gm is great and it's bad luck and the players just have to be better.

Then you got Gregor and co straight up calling out management. It's wonderful.

Reactions: dawunderboy

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
Tencer is filling in for Dustin this morning. Man is he ever terrible still!

Reactions: TB12

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
the thing that pisses me off about Tencer is that he was one of the biggest Oilers shills and apologists when he was doing the Oilers post-games over at 630CHED but now that he gets on TSN1260, he comes in and rips the team to shreds
Tencer is just awful. The guy deserves no benefit of the doubt and he should be selling Insurance or houses, get out of Radio we won't miss you.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Hearing all you guys hating on Tencer warms my heart. The guy is the absolute worst. Undoubtedly the WOAT. Arrogant, smug know-it-all. Cannot stand him.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Hearing all you guys hating on Tencer warms my heart. The guy is the absolute worst. Undoubtedly the WOAT. Arrogant, smug know-it-all. Cannot stand him.
Hated Tencer when he was on CHED. Actually like him & think hes good on 1260. Seems far, far more humble (understandably)

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Marc Majeau is leaving Team 1260 Friday. Miss ya, Marc. I don't know where he's headed; probably to a better paying gig. Sorry, Marc, I've corrected the spelling of your name. I know better.

Last edited:

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
I think Eric is a great guy but it's painful to listen to him sometimes. He sounds awkward, although he's good when he reads the scripted bits. Ewanyk is probably of a similar age but he sounds much more polished. My favourite duo is Lowe Tide and Ewanyk.
To me, Eric is at his most annoying when he senses that one of his ideas isn't going over well and then feels the need to sell it harder after the fact. Hopefully he irons that out as he gets more experience & confidence. Or else he could go the Conan O'Brien route and try to oversell every joke- unsuccessful or not.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Very compelling. Allen Mitchell is an intelligent guy. But I'm so tired of hearing the 'fire people' suggestion though. I know he leaned into them, too, but when do the players wear 100% of the blame? It's hockey--they know how to play it. They're playing the 30th place team on the end of a back-to-back where they played OT late the previous night. There's no excuse for not executing f***ing passes. That's fundamental. The PK? I've got nothing--nuke it from orbit. Unless Chicago fire Quenneville, I just don't see another coaching change being the answer. Ask Nuge, who's probably had more NHL coaches at this point than different sidepieces in Edmonton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad