Friedman: Edmonton, Pittsburgh, Vancouver, and Boston are in on Michael Ferland

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Not one Pens fan would be against this trade.

Not a single one. Not liking bad tough players who only get in the lineup because of perceived "toughness" doesn't mean you're anti good tough and gritty players. Everyone loves
Hornqvist.

They managed to get two things wrong in one post. That's quite the feat.

Not only would most fans like Ferland (depending on the price, for some -- including me) on the Pens, but I'm pretty sure Sullivan would like a player like Ferland, too.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I am sorry but it's bizarre to me that Carolina wants to trade this guy for futures after what they gave up in that package. At some point you have to sign good players. Can't keep trading them for futures and when those futures turn into NHL players, trading them for more futures, it's a vicious cycle.

To be honest, I don't blame Carolina for not wanting to sign Ferland. A team is going to give him a stupid contract that he has no business of getting. With the Canes picking up Niederreiter, I don't blame them for looking to move Ferland. He's a $4 million player at most that's going to get $6 million in free agency.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Would love to get Ferland on the Pens. He adds a facet that we desperately need.

The softies who pollute our forum (aka The Kinder Gentler Penguins HF Board Regulars) and our numbskull head coach would have a collective hissy fit if it happened though. That alone makes it worth it - contributions to the team notwithstanding.
um... do you even read the Pens board? most of us (if not all of us) want Ferland.

Reactions: Extra Texture

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
lol, why Vancouver? Even Edmonton shouldnt be trading for him, adding Ferland still wont solve their problem on D and they dont have a proven goalie, whats the point?

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Guys in the NHL now or prospects who project as top6 forwards?

Canes have Martin Necas, Janne Kuokkanen, Julien Gauthier, Nic Roy, Aleksi Saarela, etc. sitting on the #1 AHL team in Charlotte. They have plenty of projected talent. I'd guess from Boston the Canes would want a 1st+. Assets that they could potentially deal around the Draft for the forward(s) they want.

IB

Aug 20, 2009
No, ufa for ufa would be pointless for CAR.
How about Frolik for Ferland. Not one of the reported interested teams by Friedman but I suspect the Flames are interested. Frolik has another year at a decent Cap hit for a productive forward.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I'd take him on the Oilers for sure, but I wouldn't want them to pay a premium for a guy who is likely to be a rental. Ferland to Edmonton for the right price.

:edmonton

Ferland, 26 y.o $1.75 Million cap AAV
Pending UFA

:canes

Forward Prospect? Maybe Benson?
Okay pick?

Looking for ideas here.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Elliot i'm sure everybody is in on ferland if they want to be.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
How about Frolik for Ferland. Not one of the reported interested teams by Friedman but I suspect the Flames are interested. Frolik has another year at a decent Cap hit for a productive forward.

Not even a little interesting.

I'd take him on the Oilers for sure, but I wouldn't want them to pay a premium for a guy who is likely to be a rental. Ferland to Edmonton for the right price.

:edmonton

Ferland, 26 y.o $1.75 Million cap AAV
Pending UFA

:canes

Forward Prospect? Maybe Benson?
Okay pick?

Looking for ideas here.

1st or Puljujarvi. Canes already have the top AHL team in league minors stacked with 1st/2nd round picks. They don't need more projected middle-6 talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad