Friedman: Edmonton, Pittsburgh, Vancouver, and Boston are in on Michael Ferland

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
If Benning could get Ferland without being hosed I’d be pumped. They need to become a tougher team to play against. The strategy against playing the Canucks right now is “Shutdown Pettersson”. Literally that is it.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
When was the last time you watched him play if you’re questioning whether he could play on that line? In Calgary and Carolina he has played alongside some very skilled forwards and was never out of place.

Boston needs a different type of player into their top6.

They can't go wasting high end assets 2 years in a row for rentals, and I don't want to re-sign Ferland because they wouldn't have money left to address the weakness.

Reactions: wintersej

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
When was the last time you watched him play if you’re questioning whether he could play on that line? In Calgary and Carolina he has played alongside some very skilled forwards and was never out of place.

He was out of place 72 out 82 games on the top line in Calgary

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Nucks shouldn't be buying, but that is a player that could probably fit in pretty well in their top 6.

Boeser -Pete- Ferland is a pretty nice balance.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Out of those 4 id say edmonton likely with best offer from a desperate GM

For sure oil 1st + add something nice to outbid everyone.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He'd be a good fit in Boston or Edmonton to be perfectly honest.
The type of winger that'd score a boat load of goals alongside McDavid; or add another scoring threat and physicality to that B's second line.

It'd honestly be funny if Boston added him, just to watch him in that first round against Toronto.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
Nucks shouldn't be buying, but that is a player that could probably fit in pretty well in their top 6.

Boeser -Pete- Ferland is a pretty nice balance.

If the Canucks can get Ferland and sign him right away, I don't look at it as being buyers, just building the future roster. I'd trade Goldobin and a 2nd for him. I think we would be perfect with EP and Boeser.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
I'd rather trade Dougie Hamilton to Toronto and use part of that money to pay Ferland

DanCloutiers5hole

May 15, 2012
Van City
If the price is right and we can sign him to a decent deal I’m absolutely down with Ferland . Maybe could swing Goldy plus a b prospect . It Makes too much sense having him on Elias’ wing

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Goldobin + 2nd is the most canucks will offer but probably will get outbid by oiler gm with oilers 1st + puljujarrvi

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
So overrated. Am I correct that the rumour is that he's looking for around 5 million per?
I hope Chiarelli just goes with what he knows: Maroon
No Washington went a jacked that up for everyone. They gave Wilson stupid money. Now Ferland gets to use it as a comp to get more. He scores around 10 more goals than Wilson. I'd expect 5.5 to 6 per year x 6 years.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Goldobin does nothing to move the needle for Carolina. I'd rather have Pittsburgh's 1st than Vancouver's 2nd + Goldobin. I'd guess Gaudette or Vancouver's 1st would have to be involved to pique the Canes interest.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Why do we need a thread for every one of Friedman’s 31 thoughts?

Would you prefer just reading a bunch of garbage trade proposal from random strangers on the internet? Would hate to break that up with something different.

I don't understand some of you. Complaining for no good reason other than to complain. Just don't click the thread man.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
If chia trades Puljujarvi and 1st for Michael ****ing Ferland I am gonna tear my anus ****ting a brick of rage.

As a Canes fan, that’d pretty much be an absolute dream return, but even for Chiarelli, that’d be an insane price to pay for potentially only 2 months of Ferland. I wouldn’t be surprised though to see something around Ferland for Puljujarvi. I wonder if CAR could add say, their 2nd from BUF or a middling prospect of theirs, say Roy , Saarela or McKeown to Ferland for Puljujarvi and the EDM 1st. I still doubt that’d go over well. Even Chiarelli laughs that off...but one never knows.

I think Puljujarvi might be able to unlock some of that potential on a line with fellow Finns Aho and TT.

Reactions: DaveG

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Would you prefer just reading a bunch of garbage trade proposal from random strangers on the internet? Would hate to break that up with something different.

I don't understand some of you. Complaining for no good reason other than to complain. Just don't click the thread man.

I don’t like the clutter. It makes much more sense to me to have mega-threads to discuss one particular player. I like to do my internet bickering passive aggressive-like all in one place,

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Goldobin does nothing to move the needle for Carolina. I'd rather have Pittsburgh's 1st than Vancouver's 2nd + Goldobin. I'd guess Gaudette or Vancouver's 1st would have to be involved to pique the Canes interest.
Curious as to why? Goldobin would be 5th (well 4th without ferland) in team scoring for you guys. He would also slot in into the open top 6 role ferland leaves behind. He’s cheap and young. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think Carolina really has anyone pressing to move into their top 6 as a winger (unless Necas is starting on the wing).

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
As a Canes fan, that’d pretty much be an absolute dream return, but even for Chiarelli, that’d be an insane price to pay for potentially only 2 months of Ferland. I wouldn’t be surprised though to see something around Ferland for Puljujarvi. I wonder if CAR could add say, their 2nd from BUF or a middling prospect of theirs, say Roy , Saarela or McKeown to Ferland for Puljujarvi and the EDM 1st. I still doubt that’d go over well. Even Chiarelli laughs that off...but one never knows.

I think Puljujarvi might be able to unlock some of that potential on a line with fellow Finns Aho and TT.
take out the bolded and its still an over-payment from Oilers for a rental.
Puljujarvi for Ferland + 2nd/prospect could be worth it for the both teams.

Strakanator

Sep 21, 2007
Something around Jarry from the Pens would make sense. Jarry has the potential to be a top NHL goalie. He has already proven he can play at the NHL level. He was the highest rated goalie in the Pens system and was rated higher than Murray and Desmith at a younger age. I have no idea what he will become, but I think he could be really successful behind Carolina’s defense. Who knows, maybe even a franchise goalie. If I was Carolina I would do this all day.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Curious as to why? Goldobin would be 5th (well 4th without ferland) in team scoring for you guys. He would also slot in into the open top 6 role ferland leaves behind. He’s cheap and young. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think Carolina really has anyone pressing to move into their top 6 as a winger (unless Necas is starting on the wing).

Canes have Necas, Kuokkanen, Gauthier, Nic Roy, Saarela, Geekie, etc. all sitting in the AHL waiting for a turn. Guys like Clark Bishop, Greg McKegg, Saku Maenalanen, and Warren Foegele get called up instead because Brind’Amour wants grinders. From what I’ve seen and read I’m not convinced Goldobin is much better of any of the 1st group and he doesn’t have the playstyle to fit in the 2nd group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad