Edmonton Oilers roster had they not made the Hall, Eberle and Reinhart trade

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Had the Oilers not made the Hall, Eberle and Reinhart/Barzal trades this is what i believe there lineup would currently look like

Maroon McDavid Draisaitl
Hall Barzal Eberle
Cammalleri RNH Puljujarvi
Caggiula Letestu Kassian

Klefbom Nurse
Sekera Russell
Benning Gryba

Talbot
Brossoit

Obviously a hole on the blueline with Larsson missing but i don't know how any team would be able to match up against those forward lines.
What team do you think is better?
Their current one or the one posted above?

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Halls a great player but I wouldnt trade Larsson back for him personally.

Eberle is no doubt a better player than Strome but Eberles time in Edmonton was up. Eberle can be a frustrating player to watch. He wanted out. I cant blame the player because the media/fan base wanted him gone for years and you cant blame the player for it eventually getting to him.

The Reinhart trade hurts though. Just an ugly trade.

Reactions: MatthewFlames

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
If they drafted Tkachuk they could still have moved Hall for Larsson. They really should be a contending team right now if not for poor management

Richardbro

Jul 22, 2009
Toronto
These types of threads bother me. Time doesn't work that way, there are too many uncertainties. Can't assume the time line would have stayed the same. We don't know if they would have drafted Barzal, we don''t know how well they would have done in the 2016 eason with Hall, probably wouldn't have gotten the #3 pick with Pujujarvi. Cammalleri trade probably wouldn't have happened, etc. etc. etc.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Had the Oilers not made the Hall, Eberle and Reinhart/Barzal trades this is what i believe there lineup would currently look like

Maroon McDavid Draisaitl
Hall Barzal Eberle
Cammalleri RNH Puljujarvi
Caggiula Letestu Kassian

Klefbom Nurse
Sekera Russell
Benning Gryba

Talbot
Brossoit

Obviously a hole on the blueline with Larsson missing but i don't know how any team would be able to match up against those forward lines.
What team do you think is better?
Their current one or the one posted above?

They wouldn't be as desperate to trade Hall for Larsson with that lineup, but they may still trade Hall for Larsson+. Imagine Hall for Larsson and 1st, and it becomes 1st overall, the Oilers would have had 5 1st overall picks in one decade and 1 of them came to them even when they made it far in the playoffs.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
It's amazing how Eberle was overpaid hot crap while he was an Oiler and now that he is not, and is still having an under performing year, he is part of the greatest top six. Hall is a talented winger but he is a minus player on a plus team.

It's kind of fun reading the mains.

Reactions: Dempsey

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
not an Oilers fan but if I was I would be very happy to see Eberle get traded.. unfortunately Ryan Strome isn't it

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
People need to stop acting like they traded Barzal. There is no guarantee they even select him. 16 other teams passed on his too.

Trading 2 firsts for Reinhart is still laughable, but what a team does with a pick has no barring on the actual trade.

Reactions: CantHaveTkachev

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
It's amazing how Eberle was overpaid hot crap while he was an Oiler and now that he is not, and is still having an under performing year, he is part of the greatest top six. Hall is a talented winger but he is a minus player on a plus team.

It's kind of fun reading the mains.

Hall is a having a great year. I notice you used his +/- (And someone tpld me 2 days ago no one uses this anymore in another thread), but not his great offensive stats.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I would undo the Hall trade if I could, but you're looking at the worst defense in the NHL right there. The one that really stings is Reinhart.

Also, I can't believe this needs to be said again, but anyone who thinks that the Oilers giving Schultz away was a mistake was just not paying attention.

Reactions: A91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad