GDT: Edmonton Oilers @ NY Islanders | 5:30 PM MT | SN360

Is the answer 'Yes' to even one of my questions?

• Yes

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

North

Jun 25, 2009
There are multiple issues at play here.

Players aren’t executing but the coaches aren’t helping either.

I mean what’s the answer. A little effort would be nice.

They rarely start games on time. They have no interest in supporting the play in their own zone and helping the d out.

I do blame Holland for going into the season with Kulak as 2LD. That should have never happened.

Woodcroft should move Kostin up and maybe put Foegele back with Drai.

But… even if he does that these guys have to want to work for it and they just don’t.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
His coaching is scarier than any ghost right now.

That’s an option too. Just please no more Foegele-McDavid.
This is largely a personnel issue. Too many soft players who get outworked too often and rely on McDavid to carry them on his back. McDavid is so far beyond anyone else in this league that he can often do it. But there at saturation point and the boat is leaking.

Following this game will be Woodcroft's most vital coaching work. If they can't regroup and find a win this could really unspool for a young, first time NHL coach.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Jeez, you get Holloway on the PP and Nurse won’t pass to him. Sheesh.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I mean what’s the answer. A little effort would be nice.

They rarely start games on time. They have no interest in supporting the play in their own zone and helping the d out.

I do blame Holland for going into the season with Kulak as 2LD. That should have never happened.

Woodcroft should move Kostin up and maybe put Foegele back with Drai.

But… even if he does that these guys have to want to work for it and they just don’t.
I don’t disagree with any of that.

I’ve criticized specific players and Holland.

It’s time to criticize the coach too.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Yeah, that’s true. I maintain that he’s not a great captain though, or at least not the right one for this team.

I would be pleased to see him arrange a players only meeting at this point, for example
Nah. McDavid's carried the world on his shoulders from a very young age. He's always been a leader and respected for his give a shit meter, skill and on-ice no quit. This organization that's got so very little right over a decade+ rebuild(s) probably made him captain too young. But again McDavid never shirks a challenge. The issue is the minimal ability of everyone else, poor depth and gaping holes like their soft platoon defense corp.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Really? All Woodcroft has done is emphasize analytics, and look where we are.
Lol- no he hasn’t. Where the F would he get his analytics from if the team doesn’t have a dept? You know which young team decided to educate their coach on them and use them more? The Devils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad