GDT: Edmonton Oilers @ NY Islanders | 5:30 PM MT | SN360

Is the answer 'Yes' to even one of my questions?

• Yes

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
First ever regular season GDT. Let's see if I'm good luck (sorry in advance folks).

Key questions:
  • Do the Oilers score first?
  • Do our third or fourth lines do anything?
  • Does Puljujarvi make a single offensive contribution in the top-6?
  • Does Bouchard get even one shot through to the net?
  • Does Campbell stop every floater?
  • Does Barzal make us not regret the Reinhart trade?
  • Will I not tune out by the 2nd period?
Tune in to Sportsnet's shitty production to find out!

On a more serious note, this is the last game before American Thanksgiving and the Oilers are currently outside of a playoff spot. If things don't turn around soon, we could be looking at another wasted season with the two best players in the league.

Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 8.08.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 8.09.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 8.09.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 8.10.21 AM.png

** Sorokin to start

Last edited:

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
First ever regular season GDT. Let's see if I'm good luck (sorry in advance folks).

Key questions:
  • Do the Oilers score first?
  • Do our third or fourth lines do anything?
  • Does Puljujarvi make a single offensive contribution in the top-6?
  • Does Bouchard get even one shot through to the net?
  • Does Campbell stop every floater?
  • Does Barzal not make us regret the Reinhart trade?
  • Will I not tune out by the 2nd period?
Tune in to Sportsnet's shitty production to find out!

On a more serious note, this is the last game before American Thanksgiving and the Oilers are currently outside of a playoff spot. If things don't turn around soon, we could be looking at another wasted season with the two best players in the league.

View attachment 611651

View attachment 611653

View attachment 611652

View attachment 611654

View attachment 611661
I've got a bad feeling about this one... Don't get too down if they lose though @AddyTheWrath cause I'm 0-3 when it comes to GDTs. ;)

We aren't even in a playoff spot anymore. We've gotta find a way to string some wins together or things are going to get incredibly ugly.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So Campbell said it's only a broken nose. Doesn't that seem like a bit of a pain in the ass of an injury for a goalie? Especially given our defensive play and how our goalies have to scramble at times. Would think being able to breath properly would be needed.

If the guy somehow can play better with a broken nose. Then I say break it again once healed.

Gordievsky

Jan 18, 2019
They are constantly confounding our expectations, losing when they should win. This feels like one of those games where they're on a downward trajectory but inexplicably play like gangbusters.
4-1 Oil.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

Back up goalie vs the Oilers. I'm sure this will turn out well.

I'm not sure you'd call Varlamov a run of the mill back up of the likes we typically get smothered against though. He's a former 1st rounder with over 500 games playing experience plus a couple deep runs into the playoffs in the 2020s. Not a AHL goalie/third stringer getting his first shot at the NHL (or one of their first 20 or so games)

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I'm not sure you'd call Varlamov a run of the mill back up of the likes we typically get smothered against though. He's a former 1st rounder with over 500 games playing experience plus a couple deep runs into the playoffs in the 2020s. Not a AHL goalie/third stringer getting his first shot at the NHL (or one of their first 20 or so games)
All the more reason to be pessimistic.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I like the 3rd line. Im somewhat like the 1st line, I wonder if Jesse is ready to play at a higher spot. Couldnt järnmark slide in like järnmark Nuge Draisaitl?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I like the 3rd line. Im somewhat like the 1st line, I wonder if Jesse is ready to play at a higher spot. Couldnt järnmark slide in like järnmark Nuge Draisaitl?

Jesse can't play with McDavid or Draisaitl at this point.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
They have their style of play. Jesse is a simplier player I think.

Why not try
Fogele McD Draisaitl
Hyman Nuge Pulju
Jätnmark MacL kostin
Whatever

I mean ok, but I don't think Puljujarvi is really necessarily better than Kostin or Janmark, Jesse has had tons of chances in the top 6 this year, it's time someone else be given a chance.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I mean ok, but I don't think Puljujarvi is really necessarily better than Kostin or Janmark, Jesse has had tons of chances in the top 6 this year, it's time someone else be given a chance.
I dont think you will find a diamond in thr rough. I think Holland simply should trade for RW help.
Doesnt need to ba an ace. Just someone who can play with Leon.
All other players shoulf not play above 3rd line. Fogele may be a 3rd wheel, I hope he finds the mojo.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I dont think you will find a diamond in thr rough. I think Holland simply should trade for RW help.
Doesnt need to ba an ace. Just someone who can play with Leon.
All other players shoulf not play above 3rd line. Fogele may be a 3rd eherl, I hope he finds the mojo.

Gone Fishin' Kenny can't even get a D upgrade, asking for him to also get another good forward is probably asking for too much.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
Doesn't that seem like a bit of a pain in the ass of an injury for a goalie? Especially given our defensive play and how our goalies have to scramble at times. Would think being able to breath properly would be needed.

A broken nose is a pain the ass injury for any athlete.

No, the broken nose isn't all that related to the Oilers defensive play.

Even goalies playing in front of the best defense in the league need to breathe.

Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad