GDT: Edmonton Oilers @ NY Islanders | 5:30 PM MT | SN360

Is the answer 'Yes' to even one of my questions?

• Yes

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Floundering ... like trying to start a '74 Pinto without blowing up the car. He's got the Ghost that Killed Tippett and McLellan now unravelling his leadership with indifferent play and poor on-ice decision making.
His coaching is scarier than any ghost right now.
I'd actually push Kostin up into top six. He's had good energy, big body who can skate and hit. See if he can play with McDavid or Draisaitl.
That’s an option too. Just please no more Foegele-McDavid.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
He has made mistakes but this team is literally refusing to play even the system he implemented last season.

At some point it doesn’t matter who the coach is if this is the effort night in and night out.

And this effort has not just been limited to Woodcroft’s reign. This is a repeated issue.

He fell into the trap of assuming that with success would come greater resolve with this team, what he should have understood from 2017-18 is this team does not handle success well.

He was running half assed practises going into this season thinking he could rest and relax players, big mistake.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Said this for a while. Woodcroft is thinking he's smarter than he is by trying to play 4D chess to address the Kane loss.

There is no answer on the roster for that, you have to load your best forwards into the top 6 and put McDavid and Drai together. Period.

Team if/when they get shut out tonight is averaging less than 2.5 goals per game without Kane ... they can't win at all like that.
I don't want to pile on Woodcroft. I put 80% of on-ice results onto players. The chronic issues are personnel based imo. Just that Woodcroft is not helping this team with poor deployment. He's learning that the McDavid Draisaitl panic button was not a Dave Tippett issue. It's a reflection of how awful this roster is if the Super Elite McDavid can't carry everyone... every game.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
He has made mistakes but this team is literally refusing to play even the system he implemented last season.

At some point it doesn’t matter who the coach is if this is the effort night in and night out.

And this effort has not just been limited to Woodcroft’s reign. This is a repeated issue.
There are multiple issues at play here.

Players aren’t executing but the coaches aren’t helping either.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
NHL calling the weakest shit right now. They are covering their corruption. They know the Oilers lose this no matter how many calls are made now.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Different leadership styles can be effective. It's not just the vocal approach. I reckon good teams have a blend of rah rah screamers and the follow my work ethic and skills, let's get it done. Oil were fortunate to have strong veteran mentors, a superlative coach/gm who nurtured it, and Hall of Fame talent that brought it out in one another.

Yeah, that’s true. I maintain that he’s not a great captain though, or at least not the right one for this team.

I would be pleased to see him arrange a players only meeting at this point, for example

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I’d say send a message to the islanders with some physicality. But we’d probably lose that battle.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
"Bouchard - and that was blocked"

world's worst slogan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad