GDT: Edmonton Oilers at the Washington Capitals 11/24/23 3:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Breakouts are terrible so they’re getting hemmed in their zone which means they are just dumping the puck in and easily surrendering possession. And of course their defensive zone coverage continues to be brutal.
Guys are fumbling pucks, like they are playing on a different ice surface than the Oilers.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Alexeyev seems to be on for every goal again. Conversely Edmundson is looking better and better. Just the way he retrieves pucks and moving much faster today. Also, his passes are right on the tape and in position. So get Fever back in and Alexeyev back to 7th Dee.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
This cracks me up. so he is washed out at 22? He is right at where he should be. Especially the way the Caps grow their prospects. McMichael one year ahead of him and now a regular for first time. That means next year for Lapierre. There is a business and development part of the game as well.

I suspect Caps want to see Kuzy play before they go on the road. And reality is when Fever gets activated Lapierre is going back to Hershey (waiver free). Possible they try to slide Johansen back to Hershey and keep Lapierre, but i doubt it.

He's not washed out. But why is Washington denying what is likely to be one of his most impactful seasons? So Kuznetsov can put up another 2nd percentile season?

Also the argument that he's a year behind McMichael and therefore needs to wait another year doesn't really convince me, seeing as McMichael should have been playing full time last season.

Eirikrautha

There is no way that a camera that is above the crossbar and pointed downward can show the puck above the crossbar when it is actually under that height. It defies the laws of physics. I swear that Toronto is trolling the Caps, "Hey, let's see how ridiculous we can screw over the Caps and watch them rage... hehehehe!" It's ludicrous...

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
He's not washed out. But why is Washington denying what is likely to be one of his most impactful seasons? So Kuznetsov can put up another 2nd percentile season?

Also the argument that he's a year behind McMichael and therefore needs to wait another year doesn't really convince me, seeing as McMichael should have been playing full time last season.
My point is the way the Caps cook prospects, it’s probably another year, especially given the contracts that are still here. People will look at McMichael and say “look how good he is, he should have been playing last year. But i don’t think he is the player he is this year unless he got to gobble all of the minutes in Hershey last year. I think the same about Lapierre. Give him a bunch of games in all areas (PK, PP, top 6 minutes) in Hershey this year.

Then i think you can feel better moving Kuzy either at TDL or offseason. But if the Caps are still positioned similarly as they are today, Kuzy probably not going anywhere. Need veterans to make a cup run.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
There is no way that a camera that is above the crossbar and pointed downward can show the puck above the crossbar when it is actually under that height. It defies the laws of physics. I swear that Toronto is trolling the Caps, "Hey, let's see how ridiculous we can screw over the Caps and watch them rage... hehehehe!" It's ludicrous...

I think you need to take a physics lesson?

• Haha
Reactions: CapitalsCupReality
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad