Friedman: Edmonton has “at very least looked into” Tomas Tatar

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
What does that matter? If anyone needs Domi it’s Edmonton. We can sign and trade him if Edmonton wants that. I know for a fact that Domi would love playing with McJesus or Drai
Really? I don't know...how about because they need Nurse? And what Domi are they getting...the one time 70 point Domi? Or the Domi that has otherwise (including this season) 45-55ish point Domi? And once you figure that out...then figure out what Domi is going to want for a contract...then take into consideration that the Oilers just signed Nurse to a 2 year bridge at 5.6 million because they have cap constraints...so unless your Domi number is 5.6 or below (it won't be) then it works even less...

Now lets address your "if anyone needs Domi it's the Oilers" comment....they have McDavid, then Draisaitl as 1/2Cs...then they have Nuge if need be. Why exactly are they starving for Domi?

See where i'm going here?

Reactions: TFHockey

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Edmonton should make a move or 2 before the playoffs. Outside of St.Louis, the west is wide open.

I think the problem for the Oilers would be the asking price and also Tatar is having his best season ever by quite a bit and I wouldn't want to "pay high" for him.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Really? I don't know...how about because they need Nurse? And what Domi are they getting...the one time 70 point Domi? Or the Domi that has otherwise (including this season) 45-55ish point Domi? And once you figure that out...then figure out what Domi is going to want for a contract...then take into consideration that the Oilers just signed Nurse to a 2 year bridge at 5.6 million because they have cap constraints...so unless your Domi number is 5.6 or below (it won't be) then it works even less...

Now lets address your "if anyone needs Domi it's the Oilers" comment....they have McDavid, then Draisaitl as 1/2Cs...then they have Nuge if need be. Why exactly are they starving for Domi?

See where i'm going here?
They need grit, you put Domi on one of McD or Drai wing. I think you can get Domi on a deal close to 5.6

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Not sure what’s all the bickering is about . let’s look at the facts

1) Holland has stated the 1st isn’t available
2) lol at fans call Bouchard a nothing no prospect but yet are asking for him . Can we replace him with another so call nothing prospects . Fact is he was a highly rated prospect who has improved his skating and defensive game .
3) I find it funny that Montreal fans saying Edmonton over rates their prospects . See the Brooks values . Seems like another Fucale value to me . Go back and look at those thread and he was a can’t miss that had more value then RNH lmao . Now who overvalued their prospects ? All teams do as most go by scouting reports . I know everyone likes to throw Yakupov up . May be go back and look at the bashing we got for picking Draisaitl with he can’t skate . Fact is teams has more misses in draft then hits .

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
The way I see it the oiler fans are trying to KEEP said prospects, so overvaluing them hurts nobody as long as your not some HF poster trying to steal said prospects for crap.

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
They need grit, you put Domi on one of McD or Drai wing. I think you can get Domi on a deal close to 5.6
Edmonton doesn't lack for grit. They lack for talent, but it's gotta be value talent because of their cap situation. Plenty of sandpaper in their lineup though.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Holland is like the older more reluctant version of dubas!!!! So reluctant to help his team makes you wonder why he is even getting paid

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Kapanen here!! Get yer Kapanen here!!!

Well it time to do business with you . You are one of the most level headed fan on this site

To Toronto

Larsson + 2020 2nd + Khaira cap reason and he adds some toughness to the Leafs . Can be real good but disappears for long periods . Cheap and can be buried in the AHL or trade again

to Edmonton

Kerfoot + Kapanen

let me know if Edmonton has to add a pick in 2021 say a 4th

Kassian McDavid Kapanen
RNH Draisaitl Yamamoto
Benson Kerfoot Neal
Sheahan Haas Archibald

trade Puljujarvi + for a RD . A stop gap

Nurse Bear
Klefbom trade
Jones Benning
Lagesson

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Montreal has the rights to ask for the world but as for the thread “Edmonton has looked into Tatar “ Probably a simple call for Holland. Is he available and if so what’s the asking price ? If the first was the ask Holland would of simply said get back to us if the price comes down .

I get maybe some don’t like Holland but the man is well respected and he doesn’t lie . If he said the first isn’t available I am sure it isn’t . Edmonton cap situation doesn’t allow for short high price fixes . We need more Yamamoto impact and cap hit

Last edited:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
And Puljujarvi isn't not a bust until he shows he can play in the NHL :sarcasm:

Can I ask what you do for a living ? If you are not at the top of your Field you must be a bust , right ? I also hope you got there at 21 as well . Bust gets thrown around here a lot . Puljujarvi has lived up to his drafting . He may never live up to his drafting but that does not make him a bust . We all do the best we can with our god given talents . I say Puljujarvi hasn’t helped himself. He could have taken the time to learn English. To date he has lack the motivation to success but if his last interview is any indication he seems to have gotten his head right . Time will tell . I just hate people calling a 21 year old a bust . At 21 most of us did dumb shit what held us back from our true potential.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Well it time to do business with you . You are one of the most level headed fan on this site

To Toronto

Larsson + 2020 2nd + Khaira cap reason and he adds some toughness to the Leafs . Can be real good but disappears for long periods . Cheap and can be buried in the AHL or trade again

to Edmonton

Kerfoot + Kapanen

let me know if Edmonton has to add a pick in 2021 say a 4th

Kassian McDavid Kapanen
RNH Draisaitl Yamamoto
Benson Kerfoot Neal
Sheahan Haas Archibald

trade Puljujarvi + for a RD . A stop gap

Nurse Bear
Klefbom trade
Jones Benning
Lagesson

So we get stronger upfront and creates a big black hole in the Defence! Stopgap RhD second pair, pk 25 min?

Larsson not going anywhere this season and before a eventual playoff run, back to 2016/2017 Larsson after cristmas, hes exactly the player you need in tight playoff games.

If hes traded, its off season, but i think they offer him an extension off season, his skillset is rare to find, if he continues to beasting,they will extend him!

Last edited:

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
So we get stronger upfront and creates a big black hole in the Defence! Stopgap RhD second pair, pk 25 in?

Larsson not going anywhere this season and before a eventual playoff run, back to 2016/2017 Larsson after cristmas, hes exactly the player you need in tight playoff games.

If hes traded, its off season, but i think they offer him an extension off season, his skillset is rare to find, if he continues to beasting,they will extend him!

Agreed regarding Larsson, I do not see him being traded except for an improvement on the blue line. I believe people tend to have their valuation of Larsson biased by the fact that he was acquired at the expense of Hall.

Last edited:
Reactions: McClelland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad