Friedman: Edmonton has “at very least looked into” Tomas Tatar

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Montreal has the rights to ask for the world but as for the thread “Edmonton has looked into Tatar “ Probably a simple call for Holland. Is he available and if so what’s the asking price ? If the first was the ask Holland would of simply said get back to us if the price comes down .

I get maybe some don’t like Holland but the man is well respected and he doesn’t lie . If he said the first isn’t available I am sure it isn’t . Edmonton cap situation doesn’t allow for short high price fixes . We need more Yamamoto impact and cap hit
Yes Edm has the right to call and check in to see what the asking price is for Tatar but don't expect M.B. just to give him away.
It seems that Holland isn't interested in giving up any value so M.B. probably told Holland if he is really interested in Tatar come back with a fair offer because we are not giving him away for nothing.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Edmonton will win the Stanley Cup before the Habs do.
Oh don't give us that BS the post was about wasting away a players years who is more important Gallagher or Mcdavid? whos the generational talent that only comes once in ten years? saying crap like "oh we will win the cup before you do" makes no sense because lets face the facts at this point in time you guys have wasted a player that only comes once every ten or so years and you compare it to a guy that was drafted in the 5th f'n round so get off your damn high horse and lets be real here for a second.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Oh don't give us that BS the post was about wasting away a players years who is more important Gallagher or Mcdavid? whos the generational talent that only comes once in ten years? saying crap like "oh we will win the cup before you do" makes no sense because lets face the facts at this point in time you guys have wasted a player that only comes once every ten or so years and you compare it to a guy that was drafted in the 5th f'n round so get off your damn high horse and lets be real here for a second.

Sure, get real here. How long did it take for Mario Lemieux to win a Cup? Ovechkin?

McDavid isn't being wasted in Edmonton. It's hard on snowflakes like yourself that he is in Edmonton but there is nothing you can do about it.

We have the two best players in the NHL on our roster. The Oilers time is coming.

Reactions: the4thlinegrinder

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Sure, get real here. How long did it take for Mario Lemieux to win a Cup? Ovechkin?

McDavid isn't being wasted in Edmonton. It's hard on snowflakes like yourself that he is in Edmonton but there is nothing you can do about it.

We have the two best players in the NHL on our roster. The Oilers time is coming.
This

dustybreaks

Dec 31, 2012

It’s not. Let’s get real here, hockey’s a team sport and 2 players don’t win Cups.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019

Yeah the two best players but what the hell have you guys WON? NOT A DAMN THING so get off your damn high horse because you arent fooling anyone with this "we have the two best players we will win a cup soon" how many years has your team tanked? how many more number one overall draft picks would you like? 2? 3? 4 more maybe? nobody is jealous of your team win something first before saying the shit you have been saying.

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
Yeah the two best players but what the hell have you guys WON? NOT A DAMN THING so get off your damn high horse because you arent fooling anyone with this "we have the two best players we will win a cup soon" how many years has your team tanked? how many more number one overall draft picks would you like? 2? 3? 4 more maybe? nobody is jealous of your team win something first before saying the **** you have been saying.

Just them looking to acquire a top 6 F is unreal. Year after year drafting top 10 and still can't palliate that need internally

Reactions: mouz135 and Vonleo

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
after seeing what coleman went for do oiler fans still think 2nd+ for tatar is fair? :laugh:

Tatar makes three times what Coleman does, for starters.

It’s not about fair. It’s what we are willing to give up. Habs fans can demand whatever they want until
they’re blue in the face.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Just them looking to acquire a top 6 F is unreal. Year after year drafting top 10 and still can't palliate that need internally
Didn't they just do that with #22 overall pick Kailer Yamamoto? 2nd rounder Tyler Benson's looked pretty good in his call up as well. 5th rounder Ethan Bear has become a top 4D and 4th rounder Caleb Jones is now holding down a bottom pairing spot.

While we should all recognize that Edm's drafting was abysmal for years, it has improved immensely especially outside top 10 picks since Chia was hired, oddly enough despite some terrible trades from him.

Reactions: TFHockey

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Tatar makes three times what Coleman does, for starters.

It’s not about fair. It’s what we are willing to give up. Habs fans can demand whatever they want until
they’re blue in the face.

And tatar is the much better player.

I don't think your getting a top 6 forward for a 2nd+. might want to temper your expectations a bit.

hilarious to see all their proposals where oiler fans want top 6 forwards for peanuts. go shop in the garbage bin.

Any person with half a brain can see that tatar would get a 1st +.

Last edited:

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

I don't think your getting a top 6 forward for a 2nd+. might want to temper your expectations a bit.

hilarious to see all their proposals where oiler fans want top 6 forwards for peanuts. go shop in the garbage bin.

After Coleman I don't think that can be in doubt.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Why does anyone still bother making trade conversations with Oiler fans? It's pretty clear their trash is worth gold and everyone else's gold is worth trash to them.

"We didn't offer Hall a 1st, so we won't offer that for Tatar, Petry, etc..." - that says it all.

"Oilers will win a Stanley Cup before Montreal" - okay, case settled.

Now close this stupid thread. It's going absolutely nowhere.

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

I’ve said all along Tatar is worth a 1st+. I just wouldn’t be the one to pay that price.

Coleman also played on a horrific Devils team.

Speaking of the garbage bin, what’s the rate on the spare part Sens forwards you’re wanting everyone to overpay for?

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
I’ve said all along Tatar is worth a 1st+. I just wouldn’t be the one to pay that price.

Coleman also played on a horrific Devils team.

Speaking of the garbage bin, what’s the rate on the spare part Sens forwards you’re wanting everyone to overpay for?

Might want to work on your reading comprehension. There are far for more garbage oilers posts.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Coleman and all his godly intangibles >>>>a scorer like Tatar
:sarcasm::sarcasm:

When part of that player’s value is cap hit, and the team acquiring him has both current and future cap problems, then you can absolutely make a case that Blake Coleman is more valuable than Tatar - to the Lightning at least. The Lightning draft and develop incredibly well, so I don’t think there’s as much reluctance in pulling the trigger on moving high end picks/prospects. Coleman fills a bunch of needs for them (cheap, fantastic penalty killer, great all around game built for the playoffs).

The point being, trade value isn’t formulaic as I’m sure you’re aware. You can say Tatar is worth a 1st++ because Coleman got a 1st+ and Tatar has better career numbers, etc., but it’s all about market value. You could also point to a resume of disappointing playoff performance, to the point of being a healthy scratch for 2/3 of the VGK games.

I think the funniest thing is there’s 20 pages of feuding based on some Friedman speculation.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Value aside I don’t think Tatar is a guy the Oilers should be going after at all. He seems like a player more comfortable in the eastern conference.

Vegas paid a bundle for him and he wasn’t very good there so they shipped him out in pretty short order.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I'm pretty sure Tatar, especially at 50% retained (2,65M caphit) would be attractive to many teams right now. Value should be at least the same, probably more than what was offered for Coleman, who's basically what Byron was at 28 y old.

Reactions: Vijo Morganstein

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Tatar should get a 1st plus a decent prospect regardless if the Oilers want to pay it or not is another question but theres no way MB will accept a low ball offer just look at all his trades as much as others and even habs fans shit on MB his trade record is actually pretty good.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Tatar should get a 1st plus a decent prospect regardless if the Oilers want to pay it or not is another question but theres no way MB will accept a low ball offer just look at all his trades as much as others and even habs fans **** on MB his trade record is actually pretty good.

We shit on him because he's never addressed our needs (1 C, Markov's replacement, etc...)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad