Elks: Edmonton Eskimos Thread | Offseason | Esks Fire Ed Hervey

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
One of the more over-rated players I have ever seen. Hope they give him a big wad of cash as well, and for a long time.

I'm hearing speculation that it's $110,000 and that they won't go after a marquee QB as Jones thinks those have guys coming in who will let him make a big free-agency splash instead (non-QBs).

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I'm hearing speculation that it's $110,000 and that they won't go after a marquee QB as Jones thinks those have guys coming in who will let him make a big free-agency splash instead (non-QBs).

darn. I was hoping they'd have paid him more.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Hervey: "Hey, Chris. It's Swerve. Remember when you blew your wad on Carter and now you have no one who can get him the ball?"

Jones: "Shut up. The fans started booing in Q3 of game 4."

EH: "Saw that. They'll be delivering a load of manure any day now."

CJ: "Oh crap."

EH: "Good one, Chris. Mired in a losing streak and you still have your sense of humour. I admire that. Hey, remember when you offered that first-round draft choice and those two roster players for Franklin and I said I'd wait until you were desperate? Are you desperate yet?"

CJ: "Hey, help a buddy out here?"

EH: "Well...there was that time that you took all of my coaches to Regina? How's that working out for you?"

CJ: "Don't gloat. What do you want for Franklin?"

EH: "I'll take your first-rounders this year and next, that Canadian O-lineman we talked about and those two defensive back-fielders. The Argos are interested so don't think too long. You're 0-5 and the price goes up with every loss."

CJ: "**** off!" (hangs up)

EH: (looks at watch.) "He'll call back. I give him five minutes."

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
so if you're a season ticket holder, you wouldn't want to go to the cup game in your own stadium and hopefully see the esks play, and be in the seats you've always had?

frack, just venting a bit about the high ticket prices, no need for you and abootzy to be dicks about it.

as for Lacey, that's a huge hit after the loss of players the previous season. could be a tough season coming up.

You just said you didn't want the Grey Cup because of the high ticket price. Them said you were willing to pay the price to see it.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
You just said you didn't want the Grey Cup because of the high ticket price. Them said you were willing to pay the price to see it.

seriously, buddy?
that conversation was over a month ago, so you're late to the party. we've all moved on.

on topic, I'd consider taking back Chambers at a reasonable price.
depends of what they want to do with Getzlaf, I suppose.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Short asked Hervey about the whole CFL vs. NFL. Hervey quickly deflected, but did say something that was a breath of fresh air to hear.

Pretty much said that the one thing he'd change in both sports is the reviews. Said it's taking away from the flow far too much.

Doubtful anything comes of it, but at least we know someone understands the problem.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
seriously, buddy?
that conversation was over a month ago, so you're late to the party. we've all moved on.

on topic, I'd consider taking back Chambers at a reasonable price.
depends of what they want to do with Getzlaf, I suppose.

Only way I'd take Chambers back is on a bargain basement price. Other than his magical 4 catch GC game where he caught lightning in a bottle, he's really done very little in his time in the CFL other than be a decoy and rehab himself from various injuries. A big disappointment considering where he was taken in the draft and the expectations.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
Short asked Hervey about the whole CFL vs. NFL. Hervey quickly deflected, but did say something that was a breath of fresh air to hear.

Pretty much said that the one thing he'd change in both sports is the reviews. Said it's taking away from the flow far too much.

Doubtful anything comes of it, but at least we know someone understands the problem.

Agreed. I'd rather have one game every few years blown by a bad call rather than every game less interesting because of constant reviews.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
And then to throw a damper on the Bowman signing, Hervey completely loses his mind and signs Marcel Young to a 3 year extension. OMG. Out kickoff return team is going to be busy again this year.

:amazed::shakehead

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
And then to throw a damper on the Bowman signing, Hervey completely loses his mind and signs Marcel Young to a 3 year extension. OMG. Out kickoff return team is going to be busy again this year.

:amazed::shakehead

3 years? must be for a low dollar value, then.

not a huge fan, but maybe it's a sign and trade to the riders? (lol. a guy can hope)

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Young was horrible.

At least he re-signed Thompson though. Was probably our best d-back.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
CFL contracts aren't guaranteed and Swerve is recruiting heavily for the backfield positions so settle down.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
CFL contracts aren't guaranteed and Swerve is recruiting heavily for the backfield positions so settle down. ��

Where's the next group coming from - an old folks home?:D

If you don't think a guy is good enough anymore, then why do you even bother to do all the paper work to sign him? If you DO think he's still good enough, then I am truly concerned...

Instead of wasting time getting a contract worked out for Young, use that time and energy to get some real cover guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad