Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2019 v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Well, there it is gentlemen, we all knew in our hearts that the Danny O'Brien lead Lions were no match for Jason Mass, Logan Kilgore and the powerful Eskie offence.

Honorable mention to our D-line which was absolutely outstanding, powered by Almondo Sewell. Ditto for O'Brien who did a great job punting today.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Well, there it is gentlemen, we all knew in our hearts that the Danny O'Brien lead Lions were no match for Jason Mass, Logan Kilgore and the powerful Eskie offence.

Honorable mention to our D-line which was absolutely outstanding, powered by Almondo Sewell. Ditto for O'Brien who did a great job punting today.

The only time we win the QB battle lol.

Suitor was uncharacteristically direct with his commentary tonight. He even said “crap” at the end there.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Been going to esks games for 30 years.... Never has the entertainment value been so brutal.

Good luck selling that next year.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Been going to esks games for 30 years.... Never has the entertainment value been so brutal.

Good luck selling that next year.

Not much luck selling it this year either.

It was a beautiful October night for football but what was there, maybe 12K in the stands?

Chris Presson has to hear alarm bells ringing. If not then then he is doomed from the get-go.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
What a way to piss off Briscoe by letting Williams take the plays instead.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
What a way to piss off Briscoe by letting Williams take the plays instead.

I think Williams has a rep for being a good runner/scrambler which is probably why he came in on the short yardage situations but once again I have to wonder why Briscoe didn't start the second half given some of those throws we saw in the first half. I guess the question is getting old.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I'm hoping that in the off-season Presson can create the sort of optimism in the Eskimo organization that Holland has brought to the Oilers even though they don't have equivalent positions.

Agree that the entertainment value has never been lower.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think Williams has a rep for being a good runner/scrambler which is probably why he came in on the short yardage situations but once again I have to wonder why Briscoe didn't start the second half given some of those throws we saw in the first half. I guess the question is getting old.
Still you don’t just bypass the guy who’s been practicing as the #3 the whole season.

Also I had to laugh at Maas calling three straight ahead QB sneaks at the goal line. Even an average coach would have called a play with some lateral motion the third time.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Still you don’t just bypass the guy who’s been practicing as the #3 the whole season.

Also I had to laugh at Maas calling three straight ahead QB sneaks at the goal line. Even an average coach would have called a play with some lateral motion the third time.

With 2 starters gone from the Lions D-backfield, a passing play might have been in order. The guy can throw it that far, can't he?

Reactions: Cloned

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Now, for another 3 weeks of nothing for this team, followed by their annihilation in Montreal. How exhilarating!

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Sad that the Esks were actually a better entertainment value than the Oilers thought al the decades of Oiler losing.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Sad that the Esks were actually a better entertainment value than the Oilers thought al the decades of Oiler losing.

Interesting how the Oilers seem to be turning things around and the Esks are circling the bowl now.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Didn't even bother watching one minute of the Esks game. Had it PVR'ed and merely glanced at it occasionally while working around the house. Seemed like the Esks scoreline stayed at 16 for eternity and that without Reilly the Leos were going have trouble catching up to that meager total. I guess this game is symbolic of when a win can be a loss. Really I suspect nobody watching this game won, you lost 3hrs of your life.

I did watch some of the AL's Bombers game just out of curiosity and imo only the Bombers abject fear of Vernon Adams kept it close. Its like they were superstitious all game that this guy was some magician that was going to bring down the house again. They play right into his hands time and again, I have no idea why.

The Vernon Adams I saw was perennially impulsive passing long bombs into coverage all day long and just mindlessly putting it up. He had 4 picks in the 2nd half that I watched. With Rod Black punching him up like he's Warren Moon all game long. Rod Blacks commentary was so biased it was sickening. Is it just me or is he always pumping up the Eastern team.

The scoreline was a 3 score bombers lead and the whole time Rod Black is saying things Like Al's are for real, they're so good, here they come, they strike fear in everyone blah blah. Despite the Bombers self destructing often, and Steveler throwing the worst advised ball you can imagine, for a pick at the worst time, the Bombers couldn't even throw this game away this time. As much as the Bombers were self destructing Vernon Adams was having none of it. With steel eyed determination he bagged the loss and flew home out of the frozen cold tundra. From the Airport in Minnesota..

My lasting impression once again is the CFL has become some kind of pretend ballgame. A league so bad it defies you to change the channel or be disinterested. every week its a faux hype show but the actual team play is pathetic.

The whole time I'm wondering how the Stamps lost twice to this Al's club.

Maybe Hamilton is a good team, maybe the only one. The CFL could use one or two teams that are actually good. A start.

Oct 15, 2008
Maas should have been fired two years ago. This is on management for not acting when it was obvious to everyone else that Maas couldn’t count to ten without using his fingers and toes.

Add to that the stupidity of firing Hervey and you have a 1/2 empty stadium at best on most nights.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Just a side comment but not sure if anybody noticed but the Family Huddle price pointing through Save on had inflated from around 12ucks to 30bucks through the years. With this no longer being an "affordable" option. But then the Esk put out the 22buck endzone seating to try to entice somebody to go and a few games later (I guess after nobody was buying the 30buck Huddle tickets, those tickets were reduced to 25bucks. Its like race to the bottom economic price points and a stock going down, down, down.

Right not I wouldn't say the product is worth more than movie admission. Essentially its unwatchable. I would prefer seeing a Golden Bears or High School ball game at this point. At least with those products its not touted as professional ball. You get all the mess, disorganization, but its from a product where people are just putting in the time and basically volunteering their efforts. So that you don't expect much and can just appreciate some plays.

The CFL always disappoints. The product I expect to see is a different thing that what I get when I watch. Really I can't remember the last time I turned off a game and said. Wow, that was a well played ball game.

Remember the times when QB's like Damon Allen and Doug Flutie were going head to head? This is a joke league compared to that.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
The Eskimos have been 100 times the ticket price / entertainment value than the oilers for about 12 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad