Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2019 v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Have to think they are going to do their best to pressure Bo early and often. Can't let him get into a groove. Take advantage of a guy that is coming back from injury.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Anyone see what SASK had on Saturday? This is what every CFL team needs to be doing. Open practice with access to the field, players and cheerleaders for the older fans.

I've been preaching this for some time, but it would be great to have the carnival of champions going again. Young fans need to be meeting players and while maybe it's not that big of a deal for the Oilers the Esks need this.

That and something else for the young fans to do at games. Trappers use to have games setup for kids/adults that usually resulted in free tickets being given out. Kids don't have attention spans, so expecting them to sit for 3 hours just isn't realistic. Have activities for them for when they get bored. I use to love sneaking away to throw a baseball and see how fast I could throw.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Have to think they are going to do their best to pressure Bo early and often. Can't let him get into a groove. Take advantage of a guy that is coming back from injury.

I actually think we might have caught a small break here. For all intents and purposes, this is a like a season-opener for Bo. Everyone around him is in mid-season form, and he really only had maybe two days of legitimate practice coming into this game. I actually think Arbuckle may have given Calgary a slightly better chance to win today.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Anyone see what SASK had on Saturday? This is what every CFL team needs to be doing. Open practice with access to the field, players and cheerleaders for the older fans.

I've been preaching this for some time, but it would be great to have the carnival of champions going again. Young fans need to be meeting players and while maybe it's not that big of a deal for the Oilers the Esks need this.

That and something else for the young fans to do at games. Trappers use to have games setup for kids/adults that usually resulted in free tickets being given out. Kids don't have attention spans, so expecting them to sit for 3 hours just isn't realistic. Have activities for them for when they get bored. I use to love sneaking away to throw a baseball and see how fast I could throw.

The Riders have a fan connection like no other team in the CFL...that is a major part of why the team is so beloved.
The celebration they had at the end of the game was another example of the connection with the team and the fans.

Other CFL teams should model what the Riders are doing.

Reactions: joestevens29

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

The team needs to stop pretending their players are superstars needing to be shielded from fans and get back to being a community based team where the fans know the players and want to support them. They used to be operated that way but that seemed to change a lot under Hervey and especially Jones. The Oilers may have the luxury of being able to ignore their fans but the Eskimos sure don’t.

Reactions: joestevens29

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Trade Gable already FFS. Instead of driving forward to get a yard and make it 3rd and 1 he dances behind the line and gets stuffed.

Guy is the biggest pretender in the league. Has this rep of being a sure handed tough as nails RB but in reality is the complete opposite.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
That's probably a first down if Gable does anything but dance around.

He doesn't have good lateral speed which is necessary to find the holes and of late it seems like he has lost a step in terms of forward motion.

I have been saying for years now--can't we run something like a screen?

Harris anything but sharp so far- some wild ass throws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad